Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Ranade
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak RanadeYour feedback matters!
I am 67 years old I am diabetic for last 10 years. I take one glucored forte daily. Sugar is under control. I get numbness and pain in feets and palms what should I do?
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am 68 year old. Since last six months I am feeling numbness in my left foot. Though I was diagnosed diabetic 5 years ago when I was operated for bypass surgery for my heart. But I took no medicine for diabetes as well as for heart as I feel myself perfect healthy except for the above mentioned condition.
Hi, I am 22 years old girl, suffering from shoulder muscle pain since last 1 month. I work in IT company. So while working on laptop it's increasing. This was the question asked by me. And your answer satisfied me doctor. Thanks! But in extend, as you told dat there is no numbness sensation or nothing like tingling for my shoulder. Only I'm suffering from pain while working on laptop or using Mobile.:)
I am a patient of spinal stenosis. While standing or walking I get nosense in legs only in bottom advice.
I have an acute infarct noted in left thalamo-capsular region on screening MRI. In M R Angiography, A focal area of irregular luminal narrowing noted in cervical part of left vertebral artery. I took the MRI with the direction of a Physician, approached him due to numbness for right hand and right side of lips and face slightly. Please suggest the remedial medicines and treatment. Whether there is any treatment in Ayurveda or any other systems, because I wants to avoid side effects.
Hi, I'm a 21 years old male the problem is that I've pain in my body basically most of the joints sections like upper middle back, legs, shoulder, neck and feel numbness and indigestion. Please recommend me some solution so I can heel my body.
I hv seizure problem ,i always taken of mazetol tablets I want 2 b mother.in future my baby will b all ri8? Explain me pls in deep. Nd my proper diet Nd everything.
Seizure - Sudden surge in electrical activity of the brain; which affects how a person looks or behaves for a short time.
Be Calm -
- You must be calm. Reassure People.
- Place a soft object below the head.
- Be Reassuring and friendly as the person recovers.
- Ensure that the person does not hurt themselves by removing objects that may injury them.
- Always time every attack. The time beginning of the attack until the person regains composure and awareness.
If fallen - Position
- Turn the person gently to one side - Recovery Position. This will ensure airway remains patent and prevent aspiration.
Never to do
- DO NOT hold the person down or try to stop the movements.
- DO NOT try to force open the mouth or insert hard objects like wooden sticks, spoons or finger, as this will increase injury to you and the patient.
Once Person recovers, offer him help to reach his residence or hospital, if he seems confused and dazed. Be Reassuring and Friendly as person recovers.
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Indian Epilepsy Centre