Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak KateYour feedback matters!
Am venu 21 years old. Am doing hand job to my pennis daily and pimples are increasing on my face. How can I clear my pimples and dark spots.
What is the causes of ringworm during summer season and how it can be cured. What is the reason of losing weight and how it can be gained.
I am 29. I have pain in both testicles from last 2-3 months. Mainly pain is in blood vessels. It feels like some clotting in both testicles. Is it something like vericocele? also size of testicles is decreased mariginally over the period.
I am 60 years old. I have knee pain. It is due to osteoarthritis. Please suggest for controlling pain. It is obvious to have pain due to osteoarthritis. Don't want to have pain killer medicines.
I'm working physically very hard from last one week as i'm playing football goal keeper so i'm working very hard on that. And while doing exercise I feel tired very soon so please give some suggestions to increase my strength I am pure vegetarian so what food I should take?
Is it possible to grow beard and moustache all over the face? I only have a little beard at chin and almost no moustache beneath my nose. My father has full beard but my grandfather (mother's father) has similar to mine and even my uncle (mother's brother) has the same.
We all ingest three full meals in a day because food is the most essential fuel for our mind and body. This kind of fuel is the best because it contains a variety of nutrients that can keep your brain and body in good working condition. There are many benefits that are offered by various kinds of foods. Starting from vitamins and nutrients as well as other kinds of benefits like bringing down one’s cholesterol and making the body more insulin resistant, there are many kinds of benefits that are offered by these food groups.
Sunscreen is something that we all apply when we step out of the home. Sunscreen is one of the major necessities of life today as one should protect the skin from excessive sun exposure so as to avoid a range of conditions starting from skin cancer to pigmentation and much more. Apart from sunscreen lotion, one can also have a number of foods that will act as a natural sunscreen. Come and have a look at the various foods and ingredients that will help in protecting your skin from the sun.
- Tomatoes: It is a well known fact that tomatoes are a wonder food. Many people do not know that this is in fact a fruit and not a vegetable. Starting from Vitamin C to many other kinds of nutrients, there are a number of health benefits that can be derived from tomatoes. In fact, when it comes to a sunscreen, this is an excellent ingredient because it contains lycopene which is a phytochemical that keeps the skin protected from the sun. This is a protein that forms a good layer over the skin so that it does not fall prey to too much sun exposure.
- Avacados: This is another wonder ingredient that you should always have in your fridge. Avacados have plenty of proteins which help in protecting your entire system starting from the organs to the skin. It keeps the skin from getting affected from any of the damaging qualities of the sun. You can easily add these chunks to salads and smoothies, or even make some fresh guacamole so that you can have good sun protection.
- Fish: The Omega-3 fatty acids that are present in fish like tuna and salmon can help in giving precious sun protection. This kind of omega 3 fatty acids can also be derived from other ingredients like flaxseeds and chia seeds as well. This will help in protecting the skin from the sun and is especially helpful when you are spending the summer on the beach. In fact, one should have at least one seafood meal in a day during such times.
- Pomegranate: This is also a good fruit that one can have in order to avoid various kinds of health complications. You can have plenty of pomegranates so that the natural antioxidant element can protect your skin from the risk of skin cancer by acting as a sunscreen for your skin. This protection also comes from ellagic acids and glutathione.
I am suffering from skin disease. There is a lot of pimple comes out on face how can I solve this problems please give me some advice to solve.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you help me with this.
I am 21 years old female. Everyday in night when I am going for get sleep, my right hand and right leg are start paining. It was started about 6/7 month ago. What should I do ?
I am 23years female. I am not able to reduce my weight. I am now 85kg and 164cm in height. Please help me reduce my weight in a healthy way.
If a pregnant woman goes for cesarean delivery, is it good for health and what are the advantages and disadvantages for this. And also share the advantages and disadvantages of normal delivery.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.