Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepa Mhetre
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa MhetreYour feedback matters!
Hi, My daughter is 3 years 4 months old we recently shifted to Bangalore. Here the climate is not getting suited for my daughter, regularly she getting cold & cough. From past 2 weeks she taking homeopathy medicine, still she has cough. How many days will it take to cure thru this treatment.
My Baby age is 4.2 Month old and she is still under 5 kg, I have concerned about below issue 1.) Not gaining weight 2.) Too much urine a day (Normal colour) 3.) Potty colour is green I am worried and please suggest
Sir my 3 month old baby boy is having left sided severe hydronephrosis with PUJ obstruction. Doctor has referred for a surgery. I want to know should I go for open surgery or laparoscopic surgery. Can you guide me who is best Dr. in Mumbai.
Health tips for kids that every mother should be aware of, to keep their children healthy:
You can't perform well when you don't feel good, true isn't. So the best way to improve child growth and performance is to make sure he/she follows healthy food habits at home. Make sure that your child eats plenty of salad and fruits along with regular meals.
In addition, right food combinations not only keep child healthy and active and also prevent many infections
It is really important to start the day with a healthy breakfast as after a night's sleep, our energy levels are really low. Breakfast refuels your body and gives you energy for the day. If our child had healthy breakfast in the morning, then he would feel energetic and will perform better in school.
Plenty of carbohydrates is just the ticket: try sandwich or bread, or corn flakes with milk or simply fruits.
Did you know that more than half of your weight is just water? so in order to be healthy, we need at least 7-8 glasses of liquid each day. So encourage your child to drink plenty of fluids. In addition, to water, you can give kids low-fat milk, buttermilk, fresh fruit juices and low-calorie beverages.
Our body needs around 40 different nutrients (such as vitamins and minerals) every day for good health. As there is no single food that contains them all, so it is important to balance our daily intake. The best way to stay healthy and get the right balance is to eat a wide variety of food each day.
A mother nowhere your responsibility becomes tougher, as you need to get more creative in cooking so that kids eat all varieties of food and have healthy snacks too.
Regular health check-ups of the child ensure child's well-being and also timely interventions can prevent a lot of health issues.
Make sure your child's immunisations are up to date. It is good that these days even schools are aware and they also ensure a child is immunised properly before giving admission.
Sleep is a vital need, as it promotes alertness, memory and performance. Children who get enough sleep are more likely to function better and are less prone to behavioural problems. A good night's sleep followed by food in the morning helps your child to stay active and concentrate better at school.
This generation is far more tech savvy than ours, nowadays even toddlers are well versed with mobile, tab functions. We can't completely keep them away from these gadgets.
But it is really necessary to cut back on their time for playing computer games and watching television before it takes a toll on their health.
Physical activity is really important part of child health tips. Encourage your child to get into some action each day like playing a sport or indulging in physical activity like running, swimming. For primary school children, 60 minutes of activity is recommended each day.
Hand-washing at regular intervals is one of the simplest and most effective ways to stay healthy. You can use hand sanitizers in case water is not available. School going kids can even keep sanitizers in their bag or desk. Teach your children to avoid sharing water bottles, food or other personal items, as these could be the source of infections in case other child is sick.
Also, ask your kids to cover mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing. Believe me, these general health tips for kids can avoid lot of infections and illness in children
Children learn a lot of things by imitating. Be it a toddler trying hands with father's shaving brush or a school going girl demanding for makeup kit since her mother uses that. Imitation and role modelling is quite common in childhood, so why not use it as a tool for introducing general health tips in children e. G- if you want your children to be more physically active then jump into action. You can play cricket, basketball with your kid. This technique will not only strengthen your bonding with the child but also child will develop tips for health easily.
My nephew is suffering from hypoglycea? He had low sugar at birth time, now he is unable to see, sit, stand, walk. Can he be OK ever or not? If yes then how? Now he is 4 years old.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorder. tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.