Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deelip Kale
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deelip KaleYour feedback matters!
i have done my urine test .C bar is cleard but T is very light. So I am confused, am i pregnant or not ? Can i take myprog 200 tab?
Respected doctor. I have doubt related to virginity. If 2 or 1 whole fingers inside pussy what does it mean, she is virgin or not. Please clear my doubt. The finger goes inside pussy easily. Girl says to me that this is normal. Becoz my periods don't come on time. Or when the periods are come the pussy stretched automatically. And where is the virgin skin of pussy means where we found. It's depth.
Know how Knee and Back injuries can be treated
My name is Amin Khan, physiotherapist. My working area is Bandra West, Kurla West and Powai Area. Now we are here to discuss about the most common injuries of the body like back injuries and knee injuries. Nowadays, the most common injuries can be treated at home with exercises. We are discussing here about home remedies to treat back and knee injuries.
For back injury, we can start with the first exercises. Lift your hip for 5 seconds, then release. Then straighten your legs up and down. Bend your knee towards your chest and hold that position for five seconds and release. After the exercises you can try stand up exercises and side to side bending of your hip. These exercises are helpful in reliveing pain of your minor injuries. If these exercises are not helpful, you can try other exercises. Start by the ankle toe movement and slowly press down and put the towel under the knee and hold for five seconds. Contract your muscles and then release. Then, lift one knee and press for few seconds on top of your knee and then release. You can do the same movement for your right leg. Ice, compression and elevation can help reduce the pain of knee injuries.
For more information, you can contact me on Lybrate.
Rice bran and Soybean oil are edible vegetable oils commonly used in Asian countries. All oils have their unique flavours and properties which give them their own pros and cons.
Rice bran oil
Obtained from rice bran (rice husks), it is mild and nutty in flavour which leaves no lingering aftertaste. It is one of the most balanced oil with 47% MUFA, 33% PUFA, and 20% SFA.
Health benefits of rice bran oil
- Contains Tocotrienols which are members of the vitamin E family with natural antioxidant properties that can help prevent cardiovascular diseases and some types of cancer.
- Rice bran oil is unique in containing Oryzanol, a powerful antioxidant. Studies have shown that it can reduce plasma cholesterol and cholesterol absorption. This can lead to decrease in early atherosclerosis, inhibition of platelet aggregation, and increase in faecal bile acid excretion. Oryzanol also has been used to treat nerve imbalance and disorders of menopause.
- Rice bran oil contains high levels of antioxidants. This helps in boosting metabolic rate, which in turn aids weight loss.
- Rice bran oil is also considered extremely good for the skin. It contains Squalene that can be easily by the skin, which keeps it supple, soft, and smooth.
Soya bean oil
The oil is obtained from the soybean seeds and has an imperceptible odour support which enhances the natural flavours. It contains 53 % PUFA and 27% MUFA and consists of only 15% SFA.
Health benefits of soya bean oil
- It is a modest source of antioxidant vitamin E which protects cell membrane, skin and mucosa from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Soya bean oil contains phytosterols, which is a class of naturally-occurring compounds found in plants that are similar to cholesterol. Due to this structural similarity, phytosterols competitively inhibit cholesterol absorption in the gut and can reduce blood cholesterol levels by 10% -15%.
- Soya bean oil also contains vitamin K, which helps in bone formation and can prevent nerve damage in the brain that makes it useful in Alzheimer’s disease.
When comparing the two, rice bran oil is considered one of the best in terms of quality and various other factors. However, soya bean oil is no less and is highly preferred due to the affordability and availability. Both rice bran oil and soya bean oil have a high smoke point and are considered good for high heat cooking. Both oils also contain vitamin E and are rich in antioxidants. Rice bran oil is, however, regarded as a better option for females during their menopause period, as the chemical content present in it lessens the pain. However, soya bean oil contains no cholesterol, making it an excellent choice for patients suffering from heart diseases or high cholesterol levels. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctor, my close friend is suffering from irregular period problem, she is just 35 in age and not married, passed 8 months she took treatment 3 months course crisenta tablet, and another 3 month krimpson 35 tablet, now 2 month pass she is waiting for her period but situation is critical, now she took divary tablet for 5 days but no relief, she is worried about this situation because doctor said that may b further this situation create infertility problem for her, kindly suggest what does she. Thank you.
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants.
Diabetes is a condition wherein one suffers from high blood sugar levels. Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes which occurs only during pregnancy. It is certainly possible to bear a healthy child, provided certain lifestyle modifications are adhered to. Once the baby is born, the condition usually tends to disappear. However, this does make you prone to Type 2 diabetes (a condition wherein the body is unable to utilize the insulin effectively).
High blood sugar levels during pregnancy can affect the baby. It usually gives rise to complications such as high blood sugar levels in the baby, impaired functioning of the pancreas in order to produce insulin, and excess sugar deposits in the form of fats. The baby might also become predisposed to jaundice and other breathing difficulties.
Pregnancy causes the placenta to produce hormones that impair the functioning of insulin. The pancreas too does not produce the required amount of insulin. Both these factors contribute to the rise of sugar levels in the body.
There are certain factors which may put you at risk of being affected by gestational diabetes –
A family history of diabetes
Past history of the condition
There are measures one can adopt to reduce risks of this disorder. Shed the extra pounds and maintain optimal weight levels. An active lifestyle would ensure proper utilization of the insulin by the body. The main goal of treating gestational diabetes is to get the blood sugar levels back to normal. This can be done by:
Insulin Shots: Insulin shots help normalize and regulate high blood sugar levels. Another advantage is that these shots do not affect the baby.
Diet: A healthy eating plan helps prevent sudden surge in blood sugar. You have to be conscious of the type of foods you eat and be mindful of the portions you eat. Processed foods should be avoided; instead the focus should be on natural foods.
Being Physical Active: Pregnancy does put certain restrictions on your mobility and your ability to perform certain exercises. Hence, an exercise plan should be designed accordingly. In times such as these, cardio vascular exercises, such as brisk walking, swimming or Yoga should be enjoying maximum priority in your list of the doable exercises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hi, I'm 14 weeks pregnant. I've got cold and fever. My sister in law has been diagnosed with chicken pox. I've been informed that I would only come to know after 2 weeks if I had been infected, is that true? Can I be treated before itself to avoid getting chicken pox, if so what medication? Please help me!
Sir/mam mujhe 11 may ko periods aye the. Maine apne boyfriend ke sath 22 may ko sex kiya tha aur uske baad mujhe 8 june aur ab 3 july ko periods aa gye hai apne time par. But bleeding pehle se kam ho rhi hai dono var. Ese ka kya karan hai? Kahi main preganant toh nhi hu? Please help me.
Health Tip - Frozen Shoulder
Frozen shoulder is a condition in which the shoulder is painful to move and movement is often completely restricted. In painful are the patient is able to move the arm away from the body up to a point at which pain starts and continues as the arm is moved further out. As soon as the arm moves out of the painful range the pain disappears and the arm can be moved normally until the arm is above the head.
Though the pain reduces over a period of 6 to 9 months the stiffness in the joint gradually increases. The characteristic features of frozen shoulder is that the pain subsides but the stiffness remains. It is because of the inflammation of the lining of the shoulder joint.
Treatment for frozen shoulder consists of pain
Killers physiotherapy and shoulder strengthening exercises, in cases with severe pain intra articular injection that is within the joint mainly done in the theatre, of injections of steroids gives instant relief but only to recur after some time. Arthroscopic surgery is another alternative when other methods fail to give adequate relief.