Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Debanshu.S. Bhaduri
Submit a review for Dr. Debanshu.S. BhaduriYour feedback matters!
One of my classmate eats Zarda Pan (tobacco) a lot. He said he is having it for almost a year and lately he said that he vomits after eating Pan. And he also said he is having issues while Popping i.e. He said the poop don't come out and is hard. We r best buddies for a lot of time and I also fear that he might have this sort of Throat Cancer. Kindly advice. Thank U!
I have ulcer problem .i do not smoke and do not drink alcohol .i have stomach pain literally .im afraid of stomach cancer .pls help me.
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 9 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- black pepper
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
Colorectal cancer is one of the rarer forms of cancers which can be treated by a combination of surgery, medication, radiation and chemotherapy. The treatment plan is decided by the doctor keeping in mind the stage of cancer.
Here is a list of surgical procedures that are done by oncologists in order to counter colorectal cancer.
- Removing the polyps: This procedure is often carried out when the cancer is diagnosed at an early stage. To qualify for this procedure, cancer must not spread to other parts of the body other than a polyp. A doctor performs a colonoscopy in order to remove the polyp.
- Endoscopic mucosal resection: If cancer has attacked one of the larger polyps, the doctor takes out a part of the colon to ensure that cancer does not spread. This procedure is known as endoscopic mucosal resection.
- Minimally invasive surgery: If the polyps are too large for a colonoscopy, an oncologist might go for a laparoscopic surgery. This is a procedure wherein many incisions are made along the wall of the abdomen, with cameras, to give the surgeon a good view of cancer. The surgeon then takes out a sample from the lymph node for further investigation.
- Partial colectomy: This is a procedure wherein the surgeon removes a part of the colon containing cancer. Apart from this, some normal tissues are extracted from either side. The surgeon then reconnects the healthy portion of the rectum and the colon in order to avoid any complication.
- Colostomy: In case a surgeon fails to reconnect to the healthy portion of the rectum and the colon, he/she often goes for a procedure known as a temporary or permanent colostomy. This is a procedure in which a small passage is created for the waste to get eliminated from the body.
- Chemotherapy: For cancers which have advanced to a higher stage, chemotherapy is tried by most doctors. The idea is to shrink the size of cancer before it can be operated. Depending on the severity of cancer, the dosage is decided.
- Radiation therapy: As the name suggests, this is a process wherein powerful radiation sources are used to kill the cancer cells. They can shrink the size of cancer affected area. Radiation, however, is hardly used for stage 1 cancers.
- Drug therapy: Targeted drugs are prescribed to patients who are suffering from advanced stages of colon or rectum cancers. These drugs are often prescribed for patients who are going through a dosage of chemotherapy. Some of the common drugs in this category include panitumumab, ziv-aflibercept, bevacizumab. Apart from this medication, palliative care is also suggested to get relief from pain.