Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Date VidyadharYour feedback matters!
I feel very scared after my father sudden death 4 months before. I was very happy and joyful person but it seems that in a day everything change. I am scared that what will happen if again anything happen to anyone in my family whenever my husband go out for work after every hour I call him, when my baby cry in illness I become panic that something will happen. I am trying to overcome this situation by keeping myself busy in household works but I am tired of my negative thoughts. I want to be like what I was.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.
My daughter is 5 years old and she gets cold very often. Now she is suffering from cold cough and fever. I consulted a physician but not yet get the remedy.
My son 4 year 6 months old does not eat properly. We tried all sorts like giving different type of food each day. We have stopped chocolates and other junk foods still no improvement consulted one doctor he gave buclizine syrup 5 ml 2 times is it safe or any medicine better than this or any ayurvedic medicine?
Hello doctor. My 6 year old daughter is suffering with microcytic hypochromic anaemia. With hemoglobin 4.2. Her pediatrician suggested tonoferon syrup. N vitamin C tablets. But she's having fever, vomiting and stomach pain. And loss of appetite. Her ultra sound scanning is normal. Liver functioning test seems normal. Can you please suggest what is the cause n treatment. Please advice me proper medication. Waiting for a soon reply. Thank you.
According to research published in October in the journal Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, children absorb significantly more cell phone radiation than previously thought.
This is because children have smaller heads and thinner skulls than adults, which means their bone marrow can absorb up to 10 times the radiation that an adult's might.
While this doesn't tell us if phones are more dangerous for children, it does suggest that there's a need for caution with children regarding phone usage until more research is done.
I want to ask about my nephew, who is 10 days old only, we give him lactogen-1 solution once in 2 hours and breast feed, but from 2 days he is not pooping, is it fine?
I have 2 month baby. When she sleeps we can hear sound from her nose. So we consult the Dr. they told mucus only in nose not in chest. After 2 day she has same sound also do. Cough and sneezes. Can tell remedy?
Mere bachhe ne lohe ka tukhdha nigal liya hai abhi ander hai x Ray me dikhai de raha hai kya karu bachhe 5 saal hai kafi tension hai.
Constipation is a very common problem among toddlers and children. It takes place when the child's stool is dry, hard and unusually large, and the frequency of bowel movement is low and inconsistent. Although it is not a serious cause for concern, constipation in children should be recognised and treated early so that it does not develop into a chronic long-term ailment.
Constipation in children is seldom directly caused by any disease or medical disorder, which is known as idiopathic constipation and may be cause by a number of factors:
1. Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
2. Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
3. Lack of Physical Activity: The digestive system is boosted through regular exercise. Lack of physical activity, thus, inhibits regular bowel movement.
4. Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
What are the ways to manage constipation in children?
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar.
The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
1. Stool Softeners and Laxatives
The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
2. Dietary Adjustment
Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.