Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Date Sanjay
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Date SanjayYour feedback matters!
Sir mere chehre PR pigmentation ki problem h or mine isle lite panderm + use ki jagah karn mere chehre PR heir growth ki bhi problems hui h please help mi sir.
Hi, i am suffering from piles. Feeling pain in anas. Bleeding. Constipation. Severe pain. Please advise.
Hi doctor biluma is steroid free or not. Can I use this cream regularly or not. If this cream have any side effects so Please tell me.
Hi, my 6 years daughter has dark upper lip hair. For that she has to amberase in front of others. Her friends make her fun in class and everywhere. Kindly suggest is there anything that can help to lighten up her upper lip hair.
The skin has underlying protein layers, mainly having collagen and keratin. With age, they lose elasticity and the skin begins to sag. This is where facelift gained popularity with various techniques including Botox, chemical fillers, laser beam treatment, and chemical peels. Read on to know how these minimally invasive, economic options work in literally lifting up the face:
- Laser treatment: A beam of laser (usually CO2 laser) is used to make small dots on the skin with normal skin left untouched in between. This causes tightening of the tissue underneath, producing a firmer appearance which can take off years from the appearance.
- Botox: This accidentally discovered neurotoxin is used to treat wrinkles and sagging skin. The sagging areas of the face (usually forehead and nasal folds) are injected with Botox. The wrinkles are gone and the fine lines are lost, and the result can last for up to 8 months.
- Fillers: Chemicals which are naturally present in the skin like hyaluronic acid and collagen extracts are injected into the skin to fill up the underlying skin and produce a fuller, younger appearance. The lower cheeks, corners of the eyes and mouth, and area under the eyes are commonly treated by this method.
- Chemical peeling: The top layer is often peeled off using chemicals so that fresh, younger-looking skin is generated. This also helps in reducing pigmentation, reducing forehead lines, de-tanning, and producing a glowing, radiant, younger-appearing skin. It also can be used in other skin conditions including rosacea.
While each of these is widely popular, they come with a set of potential risks and complications.
- Anaesthetic reaction: Most of the above procedures require local anaesthesia and there could be a reaction to this chemical.
- Hematoma: There could be small hematomas in the underneath layers of the skin, which will take some time but dissolve on its own
- Numbness/tingling: The face has a rich nerve supply, and if any of these are touched, there could be numbness or tingling or even loss of sensation in some cases. While some may improve with time, there also could be permanent damage
- Scarring: In chemical peels, there could be minor incisions and therefore scarring can happen.
- Delayed healing: Depending on the person’s immunity, healing could be delayed, and as it is the face, social and/or professional life can be affected.
- Infection: As with any surgery, chances of infection arise and can be managed with antibiotics.
- Bleeding: As most of these are non- or minimally-invasive, chances of severe bleeding are less but still persist.
- Bruising: The face, in the immediate postop period, can have a bruised appearance, which will improve over 4 to 5 days.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, My sister in not getting breast milk it's one week over from her delivery. She has taken perinorm for 3 days but still she is not getting sufficient milk. Can she take lactare capsule.
We all have different skin types. While some have dry skin, others have oily. So if you have oily skin, then here are 5 tips to keep in mind, to keep your skin oil free. Oily skin is usually a constant problem in every season since even after washing the face properly it becomes very oily after some time. And, if some cosmetic is applied, then also it makes no difference, the skin remains as oily as ever. Now dermatologists offer various solutions to this problem. Even though you might come across home remedies like the sugar and lime scrub or yogurt, turmeric paste, it is always better to seek professional help for oily skin.
There are mainly 5 skin types:
- Oily: This skin type has too much oil, which can be seen on the face even after cleaning it.
- Dry: The dry skin lacks essential moisture and looks very dry.
- Normal: The normal type of skin is neither dry, nor too oily and not too sensitive also.
- Sensitive: Sensitive type skin is very sensitive and is easily affected by weather changes or any other factor.
- Combination skin: Combination skin is, in which some parts of facial skin are dry and others are oily. Use non comedogenic and powder based cosmetics.
Here we are going to deal with the oily skin type and its treatment. Oily skin appears to be greasy and teenagers often face the problem of oily skin during their puberty. Oily skin can also be caused due to heredity, diet, hormone levels, cosmetics usage and humid or hot weather. According to dermatologists, diet plays an important role behind oily skin. Consuming oily or fried food or having too much oil in your diet can be the reason behind your oily skin. Weather can also make your skin oily. Humidity especially causes the oil to come out of the pores and give your face a greasy look.
Tips to treat oily skin:
- Use a gentle face wash or cleanser and reduce the use of toner: Use a gentle face wash to wash your face at least twice a day to reduce the oil levels. Also reduce the use of toner, and if you use toner then try using an alcohol free one.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Keeping yourself hydrated is very important as the face starts releasing oils if the skin is not hydrated properly.
- Try the home remedies carefully: You might not know the exact concentration of lemon in a sugar lemon scrub, as excess of lemon can cause allergic reactions. So apply home remedies with discretion.
- Use the cosmetics according to your skin type: Cosmetics are very important for a woman and if your skin is oily, it's better to choose non comedogenic and powder based cosmetics
- Consult a dermatologist for quick solution: We all know that a doctor knows the best cures to all our ailments, so try consulting your dermatologist for a quick solution to your problem of oily skin.
Related Tip: "Oily Skin and Summers: What Is the Ideal Way to Handle It?"