Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dasmit SinghYour feedback matters!
My daughter while going to sleep make her leg cross over the leg and tighten the hand and make some noise. This only when she goes to sleep as she is normal eating urine and walking even talking as she is 18 months old. Please advise.
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
My baby has taken 3rd dose of pentavalent vac, ipv, rotavirus vaccines and pcv on 15 july 15. Two of these injections were given in right thigh & one in left thigh. I observed that the place where injections had been given in right thigh, got hardened. Please advise us what to do?
Sir my daughter 3&half year baby I want change soap & shampoo what I want use 2 my daughter now days my friends are told 2 take pigeon soap its good r nt tel me sir pls.
My 4 years son has tested positive for c. The size of induration is 25x30 mm. Is it confirmed TB. Or we should go for any other test ?
My age is 22 years and I have sinus problem since 2 years and controlling sinus allergy using metasapray and ebast m tablet but currently I have coughing since last 3 weeks and I consulted with a reputed Dr. And he told me to take asthakind dx syrup for 5 days and after taking it I felt little better and now Dr. Has prescribed benz pearls capsules for more 5 days and with that earlier I took relent od capsule for 10 days and currently taking histakind m tablet, metaspray nasal spray, benzpearls cap thrice in a day, and esoga rd cap, but coughing problem is still there and when I cough then feeling some throat irritation like I feel breathing problem so I need to control my coughing and also sometimes feel that my throat has been swollen like while swallowing feel difficult sometimes specially early in the morning and I would like to inform you that 4 years back I had tuberculosis but that was treated and its course was completed, so please tell me why I am getting coughing since last more than 20 days and why my throat provides difficulties why I cough.
My son (2.9 years) suffers from stool problem. He doesn't empty his stomach unless the syrup Laxobix is given. This has been going on since 7-8 months. I don't know how to bring him back to natural way.
Mansi( name changed) is a young 27-year-old epilepsy patient.her seizures are under complete control since the past two years yet her family wonders as to why do she continues to be withdrawn, low on energy and cry's often. Empirical evidence and research have drawn a link with depression post-AED (Antiepilepsy Drugs).
Depression is comorbid with epilepsy.It can proceed epilepsy.It can post an epilepsy attack.Social factors also play a role in its occurrence.
Here it is essential for family members to be empathetic and supportive towards the patient.
My baby is of 3 years & 8 months old. He is not going to potty from the last days. Even if he go, he will do it in small. He is facing this problem frequently kindly suggest medication.
My daughter is 4 years old and her skin is sensitive to insect bites (Mostly Mosquito). She develops bumps and rashes after bite. She can’t stop rubbing it again and again which converts it to a wound and in many places in her hand and leg she has black patch for this. Is there a medicine which will help reducing the sensitivity and what is the best medicine for after bite.
Hi I have a 1 month old baby. He has got neck fold rash on right side of the neck. Please suggest what can be done fir the rash. Any home remedy or oil or any rash cream please suggest.
My baby is 1. 7 month old baby girl. She is on feed and I want to reduce my weight as well wanted to start baby potty training pl help how.
I am, a mother of 3 and a half months old baby girl. I am concerned about my lactation as my baby's pediatrician has told me that my baby is having a slow weight gain respective of her age, she weighs 5.5 kgs. My question is that is there really anything to worry about her weight? Is my baby not getting sufficient breast milk? I am confused whether I am producing enough breast milk or not? It will be very kind of you, if you could help me out.
Lybrate - Dr. Gorika Bansal talks About Complementary Feeding
Hello everyone. My name is Dr. Gorika Bansal and I am pediatrician practicing in green park. Today I will be talking about complementary feeding. Complementary feeding means introduction of new food into your baby’s diet. When he turns 6 months in age. So now the question that may pop in your head is why only at 6 months? Why not earlier this is? because baby’s demand is completely met by the breast milk that you give to the baby until 6 months of age. But, as the baby grows older his requirement his nutrient requirements grow exponentially as its gaining weight, height and brain development is happening at a very faster rate so the nutrients requirement also really increase and that is why we have we have to introduce all these new foods apart from milk to take care of all these additional nutrient requirements.
Now next question would be what all can we give to the baby? when he turns 6 months so for example, we can start with porridge that is kheer you can give chawal ka kheer or sooji ka kheer or may be a halva make sure that the consistency of the kheer is liquid or may be a thick liquid not as thin as a milk but yes but not as solid not like semi-solid food. It should be in between the semi-solid and the liquid consistency. So it can provide the right amount of the nutrient value. So porridge is one, second you can give mashed fruit to the baby which may include mashed papaya, banana, apple, oranges and mango of course other option would be daal and chawal so daal chawal, khichdi can be made into the grovel form and can be served to the baby. To improve the taste of the khichdi we can also add salt for pat ability. Other things that we can give to the baby would include maybe a fruit custard or a fruit yogurt curd can also be the other good option or maybe a lassi which may be namkeen or sweetened also we can give different kind of soup like a vegetable soup, chicken soup, palak soup etc. Even boiled steamed vegetables are every good option which can be mashed and give it to the baby. Mashed potatoes is something that babies really love, even mashed sweet potatoes, so all these are good option and if you are a south Indian may be upma could work really well may be at least sambar can be really well in that case. At least sambar is something that you can put idli into it and then again comes a grovel form you can server to the baby.
Now let’s come to the next question. How many time you should serve this to the baby? So as I said we do not have to cut down the milk. Milk has to be continued the way it used to be apart from the milk feed we give new foods 2-3 times in a day to a 6-8 months old baby. Why if the baby is 9-12 months old we give these food 3-4 times a day. How much quantity to give now? So the quantity of course baby is going to decide how much he want to eat. To begin with, you have to be very gradual. So start with the teaspoon of the meal and gradually build it up so the requirement for the baby at the age of 6-8 months would be around 3 tablespoon per meal. While for 9-12 months old baby, requirement may be up to half a cup of the meal. But as I said, It is not a thumb rule that your baby decides how much he want to eat. When you are preparing these foods make sure the hygiene of the food. Make sure your hands are washed. Your baby’s hands are washed because he is going to put his fingers into the food start liking on it. So make sure all of that is in place. Also the utensils are nicely cleaned. Other thing is that you can start for you baby is of course water. What am I usually asked by the parents. Because in summer months kids may be dehydrated.
Water is something you can start now. But water should be given only after the food not before the food because it is going to kill the hunger after because it is going to take care of the oral hygiene as well. Salt and sugar as I said can also be used for palatability but in very minimal amounts. Another thing I would like to add is the commercial products that they usually sell for babies like celeriac should only be a fall back option it should be given once in a while and shouldn’t be given regularly because these products has preservatives. Preferable would be giving homemade food to the baby. Unless and until you are traveling that is a different case in which you can use celeriac. So some babies would really love eating what you are giving them some may puke out the food that you are giving. In case they vomit out the food, do not get dishearten, do not stop giving them food you are giving. But of course do a bit of variation as sweet food is definitely a win situation at the babies. You can probably start with fruit purees to begin with if he is not liking something you are giving. The food that he vomited you can re-introduce that food after a week time. So having said that all these little things, you need to keep giving to the baby and ensure that you maintain the nutrient value and of course the taste for the baby as well. And of course the colorful foods are really cherished by them. Colorful sweet and liquid consisting food.
That’s all from me and all the very best and in case you have any queries any questions, you can contact me on the Lybrate home page or you could visit my clinic in green park, for any question or queries you can always leave a message on my number
Thank you so much.