Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Darshan HiremuttYour feedback matters!
I have no teeth problem. The problem is about the color of my teeth. Though they are a lot better when compared with others, but I feel they're becoming yellow day by day. And my lower jaw front teeth borders are fixed with dark yellow dirt. I try to clean it by brushing a bit hard daily morning, but I couldn't succeed. Will teeth cleaning by a dentist help my problem? People say that, if we once attend a dentist for cleaning, then we must make a habit of attending for regular cleaning. Is that true? I'm a kind a man who prefer natural solutions. They make appreciable suggestions. Thank you.
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
I have some mouth infection like I can' t eat anything in the wall of cheeks inside mouth. And because of which I can' t eat anything n feeling very low. Please suggest what to do?
Hello 2 weeks before my dentist has advised me for advanced cleaning, I used to smoke and there are black patches inside my left right cheeks pls help me with some mouth wash that is available in mumbai And a diet for oral care.
I have weak gums and I can see lower front teeth through the gums and due to this sensitivity issues also occur. What is the best way to get the gums back in shape? I brush my teeth two times regularly.
My tooth are very weak and I am feeling like tooth are breaking, what to do, details with treatment cost as well am looking.
I am suffering from piria in my teeth from five years and I lost my seven teeth. I consult doctor take treatment, doctor advice me that only cleaning of teeth of this disease. Please tell me about this disease and treatment that I can save my teeth. Thanks.
Hello doctor I'm rutvik. Meri maa age 62 unko previous year se continue muh mai chhale yaa rahe hai. Unhone doctor se medicines le par uska kuch fayda nahi hyua. Unke tounge ke aagle sire par, tounge ke dono side aur gaal ke ander bhe chhale pad gaye hai. Abhi vo kuch khana bhi nahi kha saktei. Meri maa aayrvadic doctor se medicines leti hai unka bhi kuch phyda nahi hyua phir unhe use doctor ne jo ki aayrvadic aur allopathic hai unhone kuch ejections ka dose diya tab unke chhale kum huye par abhi kuch dino mai vo phir se bahot bad gaye hai. Hum mai lagta hai ki shyaad blood mai kisi important element ki kami ho, ya phir kisi chez ka infection kya aap krupa kar ke hamari help kijiye. I hope you will help us.
Bacteria can live in your mouth in the form of a plaque, causing cavities and gingivitis, which can lead to periodontal (gum) disease. In order to keep your mouth clean, you must practice good oral hygiene every day.
A mouth rinse, in addition to daily brushing and flossing, can increase the cleanliness of your mouth. Antibacterial mouth rinses reduce bacteria and plaque activity, which causes gingivitis and gum disease. Fluoride mouth rinses also help reduce and prevent tooth decay.
Dear parents fluoride rinses are not recommended for children ages 6 years and younger because they may swallow them.
Munching foods like apples, pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration as they trigger tooth-bathing saliva which helps in keeping the teeth whiter.