Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Damle
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DamleYour feedback matters!
I'm 24 years old. My hair become white. Please help me out with a ayurvedic or non side effect remedies. Please help.
I have got lot of pores and my skin has became dull there is no glow. If I will take Evion tablet. Is it going to help me. please suggest.
I've got an itch all over my body from 2 days, in the evening. I bathe 2 times a day. No rash, just itch all over the body.
Women over the age of 25 gradually begin to reduce the muscle mass and fat or adipose deposition happens at almost 5 times the pace. There is also the collagen reduction that happens alongside. All these put together give the flab, which is a point of embarrassment for women. Thighs, stomach, below the butt are common areas and could require changing your wardrobe. However, given that almost 93% of the women have cellulite, a lot of been done to identify ways this. From topical chemicals to medications to surgery, there are various options.
If that sounds comforting, don't. Cellulite is not something that can be cured and will stay forever. It requires a lot of dedication and lifestyle changes to sustain the lost fat (learn more about The Healthiest Ways to Achieve Fat Loss), which is the most important phase. Also, cellulite is transmitted genetically, and if you have a propensity for it, the chances of relapse are equally high.
Listed below are some ways to manage cellulite:
- Dietary (learn more about Dietary Fats) changes: Reduce salt, salty foods swell up the fat cells, making the cellulite more prominent. Adding a lot of fiber and whole grains cleanses the intestines of toxins and reduces the amount of fat.
- Exercise regularly: Any physical exercise, be it walking, jogging, cycling, or swimming, that you enjoy is completely welcome. All these help burn fat and reduce cellulite. There are also specific exercises aimed at working the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, hip flexors and abductors - one-legged lunges, squat and side lifts, V-leg pulls, etc.
- Massage: There are special massage bars with multiple notches on it, which helps stimulate fat and improve fluid circulation. Cellulite also has lymphatic drainage and a high chance of infection. Massage also improves lymphatic drainage, thereby reducing the chances of infection.
- Exfoliating: Body scrubs, especially around the area of maximum collection, also help reduce fat deposits. Scrubs containing coffee are particularly helpful, as it improves lymphatic drainage and caffeine tightens skin. There are also do-it-yourself kits available that claim to reduce cellulite. A word of caution here, use under medical supervision.
- Body Serum and body contour creams: These contain a combination of caffeine and antioxidants along with some active ingredients that are proven to mobilize fat deposits. Again, better to get medical opinion before use.
- Cellulite blasting technology: There are ways to mobilize cellulite by applying shockwaves to the area of cellulite and dissolve the fat. It is proven to be safe and is FDA approved.
Studies are also underway to test a drug that will dissolve the collagen in the skin, thereby reducing cellulite. This is yet to be proven and once done may become hugely popular as cellulite is a universal problem with women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.