Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D. M. Dhawale
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. D. M. DhawaleYour feedback matters!
Me 30 year old woman. I am separated but don't feel sad for that nowadays. Still sometimes I become depressed for 3 to 4 days and become emotionally vulnerable every month. After 3 to 4 days of depression I overcome automatically. Is there any method to restrain my period of mental stress or depression?
I consulted physiatrists. He told me I have suffered Anxious avoidant personality disorder. And he prescribed tablets. Nexito Betacap Rabelin d Sulphidoc I took this tab past 1 month, but my problem is increasing. Suicide thoughts also coming. What to do? Please help me. Any alter medicine available?
Hello doctor Kindly help me solving my problem. I am affected by Lots of negative thoughts n confused thoughts, I always remain confused for example my scrotal pain was there I had a doubt that I have a testicular cancer (going through Google) I got the ultra sound report n it was normal still I had doubts n I did ultrasound for 2more times, I always have a fear to die and to fall in any trouble in every confusing situation I overthink a lot I dnt knw why bt at that particular time of the incident m confident bt later coming to home n carefully thinking abt that incident makes me worry that it ll affect me. N I always check my handle lock more than twice and also my door lock whether it's closed properly or I have really closed it or not I dnt knw why m not sure of myself and m so much confused, worried, & afraid. over thinking, negative thoughts are killing my happiness. Is it OCD? N if yes then what should I do to overcome it? Please help.
Hello Dr. m a short temper person m not control or anything anything against me it's not good to my personal life and I lost so many friend for this behavior so please help me to out this.
If you feel your friend or loved one is suffering from depression and you don't know how to go about it. You might find this helpful.
1. First thing they need is support and understanding.
2. Please don't tell them it is a phase and they will get out of it.
3. Encourage them to talk about their problem.
4. Please don't ask them" snap out of it. They cannot.
5. It could be unlikely that you may know how they feel so, don't make them feel that it is a small problem and that they should learn to handle it on their own.
6. Keep talking to them, even if they don't respond. They need to know they have someone on their side.
7. Talk to them about options of handling this issue.
8. They may tend to see everything negatively, try to remind them about the other good things in their life.
9. See if you can manage to get them some professional help.
Take them to a psychiatrist. Because professional help is the most important thing that can help them through this phase of life.
If you are wondering how to spot depression
I have written some of the signs in my previous posts.
Is memory loss always a part of aging? How much loss is considered normal? How much exercise do people over age 50 really need? Is osteoarthritis a part of aging, and is there a way to reduce risks, even after age 50? Do sleep needs change as we age? How much sleep do we need after age 50?
Hi I am 40 years old and I love to have Maggi on Sunday's , but I don't know why after having Maggi my legs and hands starts to pain , WHY?
What Is Adjustment Disorder
Adjustment disorder is considered to be a group of conditions, which usually occur when a person experiences difficulty in coping with the stressful life events. These usually include relationship issues, job issues or the demise of a loved one. The incapacity to adjust to stressful events leads to psychological and sometimes physical symptoms.
Symptoms of Adjustment Disorder
The psychological and physical symptoms linked with adjustment disorder occur either during or instantly after a stressful event. The disorder only lasts for 6 months, but the symptoms might continue if the stressor has not been removed. The symptoms might vary from person to person.
The psychological symptoms are anxiety, crying, impulsiveness, lack of concentration, low or loss of self esteem, feeling hopeless, sad or trapped, and withdrawn attitude along with suicidal tendencies.
Adjustment disorder might display psychological and physical symptoms separately or together.
Types of Adjustment Disorder
There are 6 adjustment disorders and each one of them is associated with different symptoms:
1) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood: People diagnosed with this suffer from feelings of hopelessness and sadness is often related with crying. Also, a person might not enjoy the activities, which he earlier enjoyed.
2) Adjustment disorder with anxiety: Symptoms of this are anxiety along with being anxious, overwhelmed, and worried. People with this show less concentration and poor memory. When diagnosed in children, it is usually due to the separation anxiety from loved ones and parents.
3) Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood: In this both anxiety and depression is experienced.
4) Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct: The symptoms of this disorder are more about the involvement of the behavioral issues like starting a quarrel, reckless driving, destructing property and stealing. Teens suffering from this might become absent from school.
5) Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of emotions and conduct: The symptoms of anxiety, depression, and behavioral issues are observed.
6) Adjustment disorder unspecified: People who are diagnosed with this type of disorder usually display symptoms those are not associated with other disorders. They exhibit more of physical symptoms and problems with family and friends or at school and workplace.
Treatment of Adjustment Disorder:
If diagnosed with an adjustment disorder, a person can definitely benefit from treatment. This is usually treated with therapy or medicines or a combination of both.
- Therapy is the first choice. A health counselor or a psychologist can give counseling and if there is a need for medication, then you might be referred to a psychiatrist.
- Medication like Nonbenzodiazepine anxiolytic, SSRI or SNRI and benzodiazepines might be prescribed for reducing the symptoms of anxiety.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!