Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. D DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.
I am seshu 18 years old studying b-tech second year I forgetting what I listen in the class and what I read on the book.
I see some sopts in different shape and size in my vision and it moves as i change viewing direction what is that ?
There is no effect of lense on my right eye nd iam unable to see clearly that is low vision or something else
I can suffering from eyes burning when I am going to CLG &went to hostel in this hot summer then what I can do to prevent this problem.
Hello, My mother aged 65 had left eye blood bleeding and took 3 Avastin injections on 29/04/2014 and now she has problem viewing and doctor said it's because water leakage please suggest what should be done. Thank you.
When I close my eye I feel light pain on the upper portion of my eye, right eye mostly when I put some force not a big issue but I need a solution thanks.
What are the symptoms of flu and reasons of red eyes and I am facing unimaginable headache while working in pc or laptop. Tell me how to get rid of that.
Whenever I uses my phone water starts coming out of eyes and itching is occurred and not able to open my eyes nowadays I have seen an add of eye drop spa maybe use it.
Why my eyes are always red most of the doctor says you have no problem but why my eyes are always red.
MY age is now 20 should I operate my eyes with LASIK operation or I should wait some more time. Is there any best hospital in udaipur regarding this.
Sir, I am suffering from amblyopia (lazy eye disease) in right eye. There is some cure for this diseases. I had this problem since 6 years. Please help I am very upset. When doctor tell there is no cure of this.
Iam 25 years old. I work min 35 hrs per week on computer as my duty from last 2 years. Suggest me tips to restore/ preserve my vision of eyes. My current vision is -. 50 for eyes
2. Excess sweet eatables should not be used.
3. Sugar should be taken in little quantity.
4. Hard water (which contains lime) should not be drunk.
5. Fruits juice should be drunk in large quantity.
6. Other treatment related to the eyes should be used to cure this disease.
7. The patient should not do reading and writing work in dim light.
8. The patient should not do any work which pressurizes the eyes.
9. Small and zigzag letters should not be read.