Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChowdaryYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/madam, for haemorrhoids I have haemorrhoids 1 year ago what I do. How can I resolved my problem by medicine ya cream. Please
The debate about how sex affects sportspersons has been there for a very long time, but it is its reverse which is somehow more applicable. Research has shown that regularly engaging in sports or other physical activities such as exercising can have some really positive effects on your sex life. This has got to do mostly with improved metabolic activity in the cells from the increased motion and exercise.
Research suggests that engaging in exercise, sports and other physical activities result in an increase in flexibility and agility among people, thus aiding sexual prowess and performance. Also, it boosts levels of self-confidence, thus allowing you to believe that you are sexually desirable, (due to increased levels of fitness and toned musculature) which in turn also positively affects sexual capability- in providing higher levels of satisfaction to your partners. Apart from these, there are several other factors of sexuality that are also improved due to engaging in sports or exercise, like:
- Decreased risks of Erectile Dysfunction (ED): One of the most essential benefits of engaging in sports and exercise is that it lowers the risk of erectile dysfunction in men, due to an increased level of blood flow into your penis as a result of widening of the arteries. In this regard, research also suggests that you don't necessarily need to be overly fit or sporting to reduce chances of ED - even a brisk half hour walk works wonders.
- Improved quality of semen: Research has found that if you exercise or are engaged in some rigorous sporting activity for at least 15 hours per week, you will have higher sperm counts than your inactive counterparts.
- Increased libido: High levels of exercise pumps up testosterone levels in men and estrogen levels in women, which leads to better muscle growth and an increased sex drive in both sex.
- Increased chances of achieving orgasm in women: If you work out frequently, then the process of arousal works quicker for you and chances of orgasm is faster and with higher intensity, it gets increased exponentially.
- Heightened sensitivity: In women, the clitoris contains over 8000 nerve endings, which makes it very sensitive to stimulation, and increases arousal exponentially. Increased physical activity heightens the effect of this stimulus and makes sexual stimulation much more pleasurable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 24 years old female married 2 years back, checked with gynae she have done all the tests (blood, ssg sonogram, folicular study). I have no problem even my husband also having no problem (sperm analysis, duplex scan). But I didn't conceive yet. Please advice.
My wife is pregnant with 5 months and we want to visit this hospital for checkup. So I want to know that which day and what timing doctors are available for gynaecologist. Thank you.
My wife Sandhya is pregnant of 5 week having thyroid also which under limit and now taking 50 mg tablet daily in morning and folvite 5 mg & susten 200 in morning and night respectively. She is getting pain and stretching near belly button. What is the problem & can she take any medicine for that. Or it is normal As per usg scan report every things normal.
My follicles are not growing on the 13th day of my cycle my follicle was 3 mm on the 18th day it grew only to 5 mm what is the reason and what should I do?
Hi, I am married and we are trying for a baby from last 3 months but unable to get success. Please help me.
My periods ended on may 7th and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on may 9th. Are there chances of me getting pregnant? I had taken a contraceptive tablet in the next 7 hours and that im feeling cramps now. Is it the effect of the tablet or related to my ovulation.
My wife is 28 years old, she was thin and had perfect bmi last year. But for the past 6 months she is gaining weight especially in her arms and thighs. We have one child and planning for the second baby. Will this weight gain affect our second baby plan ? Pls suggest how to reduce her weight. Whether its a sign of thyroid ?
My periods wer supposed to be Oct 17 but instead of bleeding I'm having brown spotting can I know the reason please ,am I pregnant? Pls answer.
Hello doctor. Meri last year shaadi hue hai. Abhi mere husband baby k liye ready nhi hain. Last night sex karte time humne condom use kiya but by mistake wo fat gaya. To Maine turant dhul k saaf kiya. But mere husband risk nhi Lena chahte hai to wo mujhe i- pill khaane ko bol rahe hai. Ek i-pill Maine 7month pahle bhi khaae thi to kya dusri baar khaana safe hoga? Is se future me conceive karne me koe problem to nahi hogi. Mera last period 28 Feb ko hua tha to kya is time pregnant hone k chances hain?
Hi I had unprotected sex and I gave ipill to my girl within 30 hrs and today her body was paining gave crocin and this was first time for both of them so its normal ?
Hi i m 18 yrs old and I have pcos. I m having my first day of my periods after a gap of 4 months but now even on first day my bleeding rate is very low and it is dark brown in colour and i m gaining weight also please help me.
Hello Dr. I am drinking warm water with mix honey. Is it good for me. Iska koie side effect toh nahi hoga N aaa meri body par.
Physiotherapic approaches for sports injuries
What role does physiotherapy play in treating injuries?
The recent t20 world cup 2016 match between India and Australia held in Mohali saw some action as well as injuries. Yuvraj Singh faced an ankle sprain while he was batting and was helped by immediate attention by a physiotherapist to resume the winning match.
What are the types of injuries related to cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
- hamstring strain
- low back pain
- side strain
- shoulder pain
- sprained ankle
How does physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body esp. The muscular part which is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- education and advice- tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- movement and exercise- aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- manual therapy- a therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- other techniques- these include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (tens) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports related injuries that can be effectively treated through physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex but I ejaculated outside on 17 november just a day after her periods. And she took I pill in 24 hrs. But there is 5 days delay in her periods now. She is having no symptoms of pregnancy. Is she pregnant. If no why there is delay in her periods.
Breastfeeding has shown to have an incredible impact on the growth and development of an infant on account of the nutrients which are provided to the baby. The mental development which occurs due to breastfeeding is said to show even years from the time that a person was an infant. When a person considers just how important breastfeeding truly is, she would not want to make a mistake, would she?
A lot of new mothers are concerned, if their babies seem to fall asleep while feeding a lot quicker than they should. As a matter of fact, they worry that the babies will not get enough breast milk and this can stunt the development of the young ones. While this is true, it can be said that a few steps taken can make sure of the fact that there would be nothing for the mothers to worry about.
- Inadequate consumption: It is natural for a baby to have a tendency to fall asleep, after all, that rapid rate of growth is likely to consume a lot of energy. In order to make sure the baby consumes enough milk prior to falling asleep, what should be done is that the mother should transfer the baby from one breast to the other one when she notices that the rate at which the baby is consuming is slowing down. The effect this has is to make sure that the rate of transfer is maximised; as the fastest rate, the milk transfers is when the baby begins suckling, for the first few minutes.
- Risk of Infection: Taking into due account what a sensitive and important process breastfeeding is, it can be said that an infection is something which can disrupt the process. One of the infections happens to be thrush. This is one which can spread from the mouth of the baby to the breasts of the mother. The effects of the infection include soreness and possibly even a rash. A doctor would probably provide the patient with some anti-fungal medication in order to fight the infection off.
- Latching problems: Another issue which is faced by new mothers is that there is a pain when the baby is to latch on to the nipple. In order to reduce this, what can be done is that the mother can try keeping the baby in a position to cover as much of the area under the nipple than over and adjust the baby to cover the nipple when he or she yawns.
These are just some of the common issues faced by new mothers. However, following a few simple measures can ensure that the experience of breastfeeding is most satisfying for both mother and child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.