Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChinchinikarYour feedback matters!
My mouth is not opened properly from last 1 year, I was chawaing rajnigandha and tulsi from few some year, but from last one year I am not doing this. Please suggest me.
Is it good to use baking soda for skin whitening because my skin especially by legs n hands became very dark due to sun tan. And even I have yellow teeth so for whitening is good to use. Or is it harmful to use. If it good wat type baking soda we have to use any specific brands.
2. Floss daily to remove food particles caught in teeth
3.Eat a balanced diet
4.Schedule regular dental checkups for cleaning and oral examination.
I am 26 years old. And my Bottom two front teeth (from back side) are almost recessed. Please let me know the best solution to prevent this from fallen out. Will they grow back?
I am suffering from tooth and gum pain I can not understand why this is happening. I seems that it is happening due to cold because I am also suffering from cold since 3 day but cold is not severity is a normal cold plz help me.
I brush twice daily, but then I think I have got cavities in between teeth. Changed my paste but no use? What should I do?
Tooth ache since one week. I had shown to a Doctor he told me I will require a root canal. Is it painful?
How is the teeth outer can you say that treatment any effects on eyes and how many time is perfect other teeth how much will be the cost to do so?
I have first problem is that my stomach is paining & other problem is my teeth are bleeding so I want reason.
Aftr having cosmetic composit buildup how much time wil it take to be in normal eating wil there be any pain i have short of time
Good morning sir, I m vishal and am 24 years old actually sir my gums has bleeding so which medicine should I take?
I have last uper tooth problem. Last monday I was left my tooth but swaling and pain is stayble. Tell me what I am doing.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.