Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ChickleYour feedback matters!
Is PRP, best solution for synovial fluid related issues and bone rubbing issues. What is the average cost in India.
I have been suffering from Osteoarthritis for about five years. Doctors have advised knee operation. I can not opt for it due to it's heavy cost. Please suggest a cheaper treatment.
I have a rod inserted in my arm as the elbow was dislocated. Now I need to remove the implanted rod. Please tell me the approx cost for it.
My leg muscles tend to catch often. And I have this sharp feel if I sit for long time at one place. What can be done about it.
I am a 63 years male - 2 months back I fell down in my work place. Right knee touched the ground. - effect- bearable pain foe few days. Then bottom bone top pain is continuous used calcium supplements tablets pray for advice for pain relief.
I am 23 years old and having severe backache tried multiple number of ointments but the pain is still there help me please any suggestions?
Hi, I have just read your article: Lower Back Pain - Treatment And Care Procedures! Can you please suggest some stretches as well which help in alleviating the pain. Thank You.
My father 65years male. Having neck pain and right upper limb tingling sensations. Wat is the treatment. Is it serious condition?
I feel pain below Knee while climbing stairs, doing squats or standing for a long time. I am suffering with this condition from last one month. Any cure?
I have pain in joints specially in morning. Presently I am 18 years old. Is this symptoms of arthritis?
My mother is having cervical spondylosis and turning the neck to left causes dizziness. What to do, she consulted a doctor who saw the xray and prescribed rest.
My Mom had a Wrist fracture it has been 6months , she is 63years and her hand is still swelling and cannot bent her fingers completely , She goes for physiotherapy but didn't help , Kindly advise
I am 28, divorced, college dropout, unhappy person with a night job in a IT company, which I don't like very much. I'd even met with an accident few years ago, survived with fractured knee, it is well set now but got bow legs. I almost am bald now, have deep holes on face due to pimples. I had so high aspirations in my life some 5-10 years back and I was a very happy person back then. And I feel that my life has completely ruined with all these troubles and loosing hope on my life. I don't have any suicidal tendencies but not liking my life at all. Started smoking and drinking after all these with 10 cigs a day and drinking once a week. I am even worried to remarry now fearing that she might not be happy with me. I don't see any other person with so many troubles like mine .
I am 26years old am suffering from back ache from couple of weeks. When am sneezing my back pain getting severe kindly help me with good suggestions.
My father is 68 years old suffering from muscular or never pain. Pain starts from thigh and goes to the hip. Sometimes he feels that it is only in the hip and next day the pain shifts to the thigh. X-rays has been done and report is normal. But he couldn't bear the pain. He has shown to doctor, and doctor prescribed some best quality pain killers and administered some injections too. Pls suggest, why it is happening or any medicine can cure it. He is been a patient of CAD and three stent have been implanted in last two years, n having medicine.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a degenerative disease that progresses over time. It generally affects the fingers, feet, wrists, and ankles. It causes immobility due to inflammation and stiffness as well as severe pain. This is an autoimmune disease where the body mistakenly ends up attacking the joints instead of attacking bacteria and other substances as it normally should. Severe cartilage damage can be caused if this condition is not treated on time, which can make the spacing between the bones even smaller than usual.
Let us find out how one can tackle this condition.
- Rest: While there is still no cure for this condition, one can take a number of measures in order to tackle it. One of the foremost ways of managing this condition is with the help of rest and relaxation. It is important to get plenty of sleep so that you can keep the condition from getting worse. There are a number of relaxation exercises that will help you in sleeping better, especially if you have been having trouble sleeping due to the aches and pains.
- Exercise: Depending on the doctor’s recommendations, you will need to exercise on a regular basis so as to keep the motion in your joints intact for as long as possible. Muscle and joint strengthening exercises include swimming, walking, and even gentle stretching that can help in reducing muscle fatigue. This can make your muscles stronger and increase the range of motions as well.
- Ointments and Lotions: One can turn to gels and lotions which can be topically applied. These can be prescribed by the doctor as well, so that the pain is soothed and temporary relief from pain and stiffness may be experienced. These are also available in the form of sprays. These ointments, gels or lotions usually contain camphor, menthol, capsaicin and salicylates.
- Fish Oil Supplements: Pain and stiffness can be significantly reduced with the help of fish oil, as per many medical studies. Before adding fish oil supplements to your food, you will need to talk to your orthopaedic specialist to find out if it may interfere with any medication that you may be taking for the condition or any other related disorder.
- Plant Oils: Plant oils are also known to contain fatty acids known as gamma linolenic acid, which can give much relief when it comes to pain and stiffness, especially in the morning. One must remember, though, that excessive use of this oil can lead to liver damage. So it is imperative to speak with your doctor or therapist before taking any plant oils.
- Medications: Aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can help in containing the pain and inflammation for severe cases.