Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chhaya VoraYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam I am having serious problem which is that I am having a balloon like structure near my penis and if press it then it will inhale and if I don't press it then it will remain as like as earlier. please sir/madam help me I am in serious problem.
I am taking some antibiotic and chest infection pills now my breath less ness asthma all te feel I can not breathing please tell me fast please.
I got an urgent problem please help me. I have got a severe headache and even back pain for the last three months please help.
I am looking for remedy for my father in law who is 84 got knee replacement one year back and bypass heart surgery and back surgery around 10-20 years back respectively. On regular CGHS medication but after knee surgery, his knees are ok no pain etc. But he lost strength to pick his feet and feel heaviness. He is now diagnosed with Severe Cervical problem and not in a position to pic up the things and hands shivering. Do not afford to have any further surgical treatment. He is now mostly bed ridden. He can sits few hours in a day by taking some support but can not able to stand even with walker due to loss of strength. Any good remedy for getting strengthen the nervous system so as to able to do his personal daily work. Any good diet to improve his health.
I can not sit on my hips for about more than 20 mins! My vitamin is 30 and mri is ok! Suggest me what should I do?
Sir if I masturbate once then after two to five minutes once again I do masturbation so this is what condition sir tell me?
I am 47 years of age. I am diabetic for more than last 25 years. I am insulin dependent patient. My blood sugar level is under control mostly. But I am having problem with my stomach. I go to pass stool 3 - 4 times a day, it takes 10 -15 minutes to clear my stools every time. But whenever I eat anything my stomach again gets heavy and I develop the need to clear my stomach again by passing stool. My stomach is filled up. I have taken many medicines to treat my IBS but with no success. As a result of this my waist size has increased from 32" to 36" and my weight has increased from 75 kg to 88 kg. This is making my body lazy. I am taking controlled diet and have tried many natural and ayurvedic formulae to reduce my weight but with no success. My thyroid is also well under control and all tests related to liver and kidney function are normal. Kindly suggest me some effective medicine to reduce my weight as well as my tummy size.
Hi,i (age =27 year), I am 6 months pregnant. I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes (Reading of GTT =195 mg/dl after two hours) in the mid of five months. I consulted with Diabeteologist and the doctor had advised me to take insulin 5 units everyday in empty stomach before breakfast. Its been around 20 days, I have started taking insulin. Now the blood sugar level is within 100-120 mg/dl but sometimes it coming below 100. I am getting itching in my legs, I guess since the day I have started taking insulin. I am very much concerned about the baby and the change in my blood sugar level. Sometimes I feel dizziness, palpitation. The doctor has advised me to continue taking insulin with minimum dosage of 4 units everyday till delivery. I want to ask you is it necessary so and the changing blood sugar won't it affect the baby? Kindly could you help me with your suggestion. Shall I consult with diabeteologist once more.
My age is 30 years Married men who don't have habits of chewing tobacco or pain throat is always sore/ dry. My voice is also like teen age boy. So please suggest me some good healthy tips to make my voice good and clear.
I am suffering a long time from gas, acidity, vomiting and dizziness. After testing found fatty lever, high triglyceride, and high uric acid. I am working in computer minimum 8 hours per day. I also feel senseless little finger in both hands. Please suggest how to control these problem.
I am 26 years old man, I am suffering from excess sweating and it embarrass me every where I go. Which type of doctor should I consult?
I had sex with my boyfriend on d 24th of this month nd took an ipill d next day are there any chances of pregnancy though v had a protected sex.
I have acidity problems and migraine too. I get headache very fast. I started drinking aloevera gel mixed with little water. Will it help me in acidity?
Our body cells are responsible for the essential breakdown of food into energy, as it is vital for our body functioning. Cells break down food into glucose and then convert glucose into energy through insulin, which is an important hormone in the body. Diabetes is associated with the inappropriate functioning of insulin and can be classified into two types: Type I and Type 2 Diabetes. In type I Diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin. In type 2 diabetes, the cell do not use insulin properly.
Both conditions cause blood glucose levels to rise in the body. Diabetes is more than one disease as it poses serious health risks. People with diabetes are at risk of developing a host of problems such as stroke, hypertension, nerve damage, skin, eyes and kidney problems. High amount of blood sugar level can cause damage to the blood vessels leading to blocked arteries restricting blood flow to the heart. Poor blood glucose control can lead to high blood pressure and other blood lipid abnormalities including high levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and triglycerides.
The link between cardiovascular disease and diabetes is well established by medical science. It is estimated that 65% of people with diabetes die of heart disease, which makes it a leading cause of all deaths among diabetic patients. Doctors refer to this connection as DHD- Diabetic Heart Disease. The term Diabetic Heart Disease covers coronary heart disease; narrowing of the arteries, heart failure; minimising heart’s capacity to pump enough blood and diabetic cardiomyopathy; alteration in the structure and function of the heart.
A sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical activity, smoking, stressful life and unhealthy eating habits all contribute to weight gain, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart diseases and diabetes. Thus, weight and lifestyle issues management is the best way to prevent and control such health risks.
Let’s look at some simple but effective ways towards a healthy lifestyle:
- Physical exercise: Adopt a 30 minute exercise rule to remain healthy and fit. For diabetic patients, a morning and evening walk is highly recommended. You could walk, run, gym, climb stairs, do yoga, aerobics or other physical activity that interests you.
- Eat healthy: Avoid fried and packaged foods as they are full of fats, salt and sugar. Include seasonal vegetables and fruits in your diet and drink plenty of water. Dieticians recommend eating a heart-healthy diet including superfoods like broccoli, spinach, berries and fibre rich meal.
- Weight management: Keeping weight under check is an effective way to prevent the risk of heart diseases. Consult a dietician for a customised diet plan as per your medical condition.
- Be positive: Stress is a silent killer and a major contributor to all lifestyle diseases. Remain calm and manage your negative thoughts to overcome stress.
Health is the ultimate treasure you have! Preserve it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting more widespread with each passing day.
Ageing is not the only factor that brings hearing impairment. The causes are many. Certain medications, continuous exposure to loud noise, genetic involvement, injury and some medical conditions may cause hearing loss.
But if you think that you are facing hearing issues, then these symptoms should raise an alarm for you to see an ENT specialist:
- You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
- Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
- You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
- You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
- Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
Options to deal with hearing loss:
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication - If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants - This is a newer technology which has become rapidly popular in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids - Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once it is completed, is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
Prevention and treatment
Treatment: It is difficult to treat hearing loss as in most cases; it may be permanent, except sudden shocks, when your hearing might come back to normal. The only treatments for hearing loss are hearing aids or cochlear implants which can restore hearing partially.
Prevention: Prevention is the best method to avoid hearing loss and in most cases, you should wear ear protection such as mufflers or sound level reduction devices to protect your hearing. Also, practice listening to music, watching TV or movies at lower levels, especially if you are on the headphones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.