Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan PradhanYour feedback matters!
My lower back is very sensitive and prone to pain frequently. Please advise me to strengthen my back. Will going for walking for 30 min daily help me. Is walking good or bad for back pain. I also suffer from sciatica sometimes.
Dear sir I have problem with my back. I cant sit or stand regurally about 2 or more hours. If I do this, my back start paining hard. Please suggeat me.
My husband have a back pain from 1 year and pain start in morning and night so much and can't tolerable pain.
Hello sir l have a low grade partial tear in my left knee doctor suggest me exercise or physiotherapy l do this consist 21 days and l have relief in my pain but sir in which day my knee movement become stable or l do not feel any pop sound in my knee.
Hi doctor I have a hand pain problem every day please tell me the treatment for this and what are the causes of it?
Hi I had a tailbone injury 7 months back, I recovered after a long period of rest, but now the pain is back in lower back, hips. Dont actually understand the specific pain area.
I'm 25 year old male I use to workout regularly from last few months I didn't workout since that I didn't had any problem before two week. Now I've back pain please help to come over with this.
I have golfer's elbow for six months. I have tried oral medication and also ultrasound from physiotherapist. Its not perfectly alright. Still I have pain in bulgy bone. Does steroid injection will cure the golfers elbow permanently? what should I do?
Hi, I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I Now? please help me.
My father has a problem with knee and leg pain for a 2 month and he is a diabetic patient. Please help me to resolve my father pain problem.
I have stomach infection and cervical pain while I am working in office sitting on chair please tell some suggestion for my health. Kindly revert as soon as possible. Thanks sir.
Hi I am gagan singh working as a private employee I am suffering from neck pain for last 5 days can you suggest me what I do.
Mere right hand me chot lagne ke chalte dard hota hai maine doctor ko dikhaya magar shahi nahi ho raha hai.
Sudden jerk I felt in my shoulder after falling from scooty. After so many painkillers I still have pain in shoulder and below sternum. What to do?
Iam 25 year old. From last one month iam suffering from knees pain. Dr. recommends bio-d3-fem. I have taken one month bt no change. Whn I walk thn I can feel pain and weird type sound. May be you knw wht type of sound iam talking abt (chatak type). Wht shud I do.
In Ayuveda, muscle cramp is known as “khalli vaata”. Vyaana vaata it is a biological force that is responsible for regulating the functioning of your voluntary muscles. In case of a muscle cramp, the vyaana vaata gets impaired. Metabolic wastes are harmful toxins that tend to get accumulated in your system if not flushed out of your body and deposited between your muscle tissues and nerve-endings. This toxic waste is known as “aama” in Ayurveda, and it is known be a prominent cause of cramps. Besides aama, vata dosha is also responsible for muscles cramps.
Ayurveda provides a number of remedies to treat the problem of muscle cramps. The following are some of the most effective remedies to relief the discomfort of muscle cramps:
1. Drink warm milk to get instant relief from abdominal cramps. The alkaline properties of milk help to pacify the acidic condition in stomach that results in cramps. It is also a rich source of calcium which is known to aid in the relaxation of troubled muscles.
2. Physical activity including stretching exercise is effective in reducing the acute pain of leg cramps.
3. Garlic compound which is also called as 'Lagsunadivati' is helpful in relaxing muscles and it is also known to calm the “vata dosha” that aids in relieving muscle cramps.
4. Do warm up exercises and stretching exercises to lessen the risk of developing a muscle cramp during your workout session
5. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in minerals, calcium, potassium and magnesium as it is known to reduce the chances of muscle cramps.
6. Massage the painful region with 'prasarini taila' or 'mahanarayana taila' to relax the strained muscle.
7. Apply ice pack on the strained muscle to reduce the swelling and pain of the muscle.
8. Sinhanaada guggulu is well known to provide instant relief from muscle cramp. It has medicinal properties which have a mild laxative effect. It eases the problem of abdominal cramps and lessens the discomfort associated with it.
9. In case of extreme pain, 'Lakshmivilaas rasa', “Prataapa lankeswara rasa”, are among the most effective Ayurvedic medications which are known to provide relief in case of chronic muscle cramps.
If you wish to discuss about any specifi problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.