Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Chaudhari K.S.Your feedback matters!
Sometimes (once or twice) in a month I feel a pain in my left side of chest. It feels like a pinch of needle and remains only for 2-3 seconds. I take deep breaths whenever it happens. Beat my chest with my fist and it goes away. But I think it is related to my heart and it is like a clotting .I don't want to take the risk. Kindly let me know what is the reason of this.
Sir I am (29, recently my blood pressure raised to 160/100 on 17/02/2016 and I consulted cardiology doctor and gone through tests like 2d echo, x-ray, lipid profile and reports and I am taking (telma-am 45mg tab for bp) are normal in range and after two days I have balance problem, unsteadiness and tinnitus (ringing inthe left ear continuously) and I also consulted Ent doctor and doctor advised to take AUDIOLOGY TEST AND I HAD A 10% OF HEARING LOSS IN THE LEFT EAR AND THE ENT DOCTOR advised to take Hrct scan temporal bones and the report is below. Observation: High resolution CT scan of Temporal Bones was studied. Bilateral maxillary polyps. Adenoidal thickening noted. Mild prominence of tympanic membrane on left side. Partially pneumatized right mastoid. BOTH SIDES: EXTERNAL AUDITORY CANAL: Normal. MIDDLE EAR: Epitympanic recess, hypotympanic recess, Tegmen tympani, Tegmental air cells, bony part of Auditory tube, Malleus/ Head, Incus are normal. INTERNAL EAR: Cochlea, vestibule, semi circular canals, jugular canals, carotid canals, facial nerve canals and IAC are normal. PETROUS APEX: Normal. AND THE DOCTOR SUGGESTED TO TAKE (1. SHELCAL 500MG TABLET 2. OTOFLOUR20MG FOR 1 MONTH) AND MY BALANCE PROBLEM NOT YET CURED, PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW TO CURE MY unsteadiness AND TINNITUS PROBLEM AND ALSO SUGGEST ME TO WHICH DOCTOR I SHOULD CONSULT AND ALSO TELL ME WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IN THIS REPORT. PLEASE GIVE ME THE SOLUTION TO SOLVE MY HEALTH PROBLEM.
I am 33 years old last 2 days I have right side chest pain.I have gas problem please prescribe tablet.
From past 1 week I having problem in take of breath. I feel very heavy on chest. Sometimes it chokes. What should I do?
I am having increased cholestrol as under:-total cholestrol-214hdl cholestrol-direct-32ldl cholestrol-direct-97triglycerides-453tc/hdl cholestrol ratio-6.8ldl/hdl ratio-3.1vldl cholestrol-90.6non-hdl cholestrol-182.3kindly advice what to do?
Dear Sir/Madam I have a feeling of weakness in the morning when i get up.I am regularly walking for 10-12 Kms every day ,with controlled diet .At times my BP is also 135/95 .My age is 43 and I am a male. Please advice. Warm Regards Manoj Mishra
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
The heart muscle is the central pumping machine that ensures that blood flow throughout the body is maintained and all other organs have a regular supply. One of the conditions that can cause this organ to malfunction is cardiomyopathy, wherein the heart is unable to pump the blood to all parts of the body. This condition can even lead to heart failure and is something that needs to be addressed and diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms of Cardiomyopathy
Early stages of cardiomyopathy may be difficult to detect externally, although it may be slowly reducing your heart’s capacity. Symptoms that start showing in later stages may include:
- Constant fatigue, even without physical activity
- Fluid may build up and thus cause bloating within the body
- Persistent coughing while lying down
- You may have irregular heartbeats that may sometimes be quite rapid
- Due to the lack of blood supply, you may feel lightheaded, dizzy and might even cause you to faint
- Even the slightest of exertions will cause breathlessness and exhaustion and you may even feel this symptom while at rest
- Intermittent chest pain
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
Causes of this condition may vary from patient to patient, although certain common factors include:
- Genetic reasons where one or both parents are susceptible to this condition
- Metabolic problems such as obesity, diabetes or thyroid problems
- Substance abuse such as anabolic steroids, amphetamines cocaine or even the consumption of excessive alcohol
- High blood pressure for prolonged periods
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Side effects of drug treatments such as the use of certain chemicals in chemotherapy
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy has multiple types; depending on what causes them and also certain specific symptoms. These are:
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathies
Treatment for cardiomyopathy
The treatment of these various forms of cardiomyopathy will vary depending on the type and also the stage and condition of the heart. Some of these treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Surgeries such as Septal myectomy, Septal ablation and Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantable devices such as Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or ICD
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant in the worst case scenarios. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.