Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Charu Sheela
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Charu SheelaYour feedback matters!
Dear Team I want to know how to Avoid pregnancy. Best method to avoid pregnancy without using condoms. Because me n my hby do not want baby at least 2 years. Thanks in advance.
एंजाइना पेक्टोरिस के रोग में रोगी ऐंठन का शिकार हो जाता है। इस रोग में शरीर के अंदर खून का संचार कम होने की वजह से रोगी को पूरी तरह आक्सीजन नहीं मिल पाती है।
जब रोगी के शरीर की धमनियां एकदम सख्त हो जाती है तब यह रोग पैदा होता है।
इस रोग की शुरुआत में रोगी की छाती के बीचो-बीच में तेज दर्द होता है। खासतौर पर इस तरह का दर्द व्यायाम के बाद ही होता है। कभी-कभी यह दर्द जबड़े या बांह के ऊपरी भाग में भी चला जाता है। इस रोग में रोगी को काफी घुटन महसूस होती है और उसे ऐसा लगता है कि किसी ने उसकी छाती पर कुछ भारी सामान रख दिया हो। इस रोग की पहचान के लिए रोगी की इलेक्ट्रो-कॉडियोग्राम जांच करानी अच्छी रहती है।
इस रोग के होने पर सबसे पहले रोगी को अपने ब्लड प्रेशर की जांच करा लेनी चाहिए। अगर ब्लड प्रेशर बढ़ा
हुआ तो उसे कंट्रोल करने की कोशिश करनी चाहिए। आपकी लंबाई के हिसाब से अगर आपका वजन ज्यादा हो तो वजन कम करने की कोशिश करनी चाहिए। अगर रोगी धूम्रपान करता हो तो उसे धूम्रपान तुरंत छोड़ देना चाहिए नहीं तो यह खतरनाक हो सकता है।
Magnesium is one of those minerals that are used by every organ of your body, particularly the most hard working organs of your body viz. muscles, heart, kidney, liver and bones. Magnesium is drastically reduced in liver disorders or in an alcoholic's body. It is most important for bones. Its deficiency can cause Osteoporosis. In fact, any unexplained reasons for fatigue, pain, muscle spasms, eye-twitching or abnormal heart rhythms can be attributed to lack of magnesium. And most of the times it is remains undiscovered since it is distributed across the blood-stream, which makes it difficult to test in the first place.
These symptoms can give you a fair idea when to see a doctor for magnesium deficiency.
1) Early Signs - Early signs of magnesium deficiency includes numbness and tingling, seizures, abnormal heart rhythms, personality changes and coronary spasms.
2) Gynaecology Issues and Infertility - If the deficiency isn’t treated in the first place, it can lead you to a variety of other problems, such as gynaecology issues like PMS, infertility and pre-eclampsia, osteoporosis.
3) Chronic conditions - It can lead to problems like chronic back pain, Raynaud’s syndrome, migraine or nerve problems.
4) Hypertension and Bowel Diseases- It is also a responsible factor behind hypertension, hypoglycaemia, insomnia, bowel diseases, depression and other problems.
What Should You Do?
To generally up the magnesium levels, you should have plant based nutrients on regular basis, such as fruits and vegetables. Make sure that it is balanced with Vitamin K2 and D along with magnesium, to ensure overall health. However, you must take doctor's advice when it is a confirmed case of the deficiency.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media
Hi if we miss one month menses is there any problem or its normal coz I missed one month period, health wise I don't have any problem I did pernency check at home it's negative please advise.
Burning and itching, along with an unpleasant odor, are common symptoms which indicate a vaginal infection. Vaginal infections, also known as vaginitis are common in women. All women experience some form of it during their lifetime. A vaginal infection may occur when the normal vaginal balance is affected. The balance may be disturbed by factors such as douches, changes in hormone level, certain antibiotic medicines, pregnancy and vaginal intercourse. There are several different types of vaginal infections, which commonly occur in women.
The most common of them are as follows:
- Yeast infections: This is the most common form of vaginitis. It is caused by a species of the Candida fungus. This fungis dwells in the body naturally in small numbers. They thrive in a moist, warm and airless environment, and commonly cause a vaginal infection if they grow in numbers in the vagina. A thick, white discharge is indicated in some women as a symptom of yeast infection. The discharge may resemble cottage cheese. Vaginal itching and redness of the vulva and vagina are also likely.
- Bacterial vaginosis: Along with yeast, bacteria known as lactobacilli naturally thrive in the vagina. When the count of this bacteria reduces too much, bacterial vaginosis or BV is triggered. The normal lactobacilli gets replaced by other harmful infection-causing bacteria. A common bacteria associated with this condition is gardnerella. A woman may experience a thick, whitish discharge or a clear and slippery discharge. A fishy odor during sexual intercourse may also be noticed.
- Trichomonas: This condition is the only vaginal infection, which is considered to be a true sexually transmitted infection. It is commonly called trich and is caused by a one-celled parasite known as trichomonas vaginalis. It is commonly transmitted during sexual intercourse. The symptoms of the condition are similar to other vaginal infections like burning, swelling of the vulva, vaginal discharge of yellow gray and green color. Pain during urination and the presence of a fishy odor during sexual intercourse are also indicated.
- Chlamydia vaginitis: This is an STD which leads to the inflammation of the vagina. A discharge with Chlamydia is also likely in some women. Bleeding after sexual intercourse is another common symptom of this condition, which occurs from vaginal infection. Women above the age of 26 who are sexually active should undertake tests for this condition as in many cases it strikes without showing any symptoms. It is also capable of damaging a woman's fertility.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor upon experiencing the symptoms of any kind of vaginal infection. This will ensure proper and early diagnosis so that the condition does not deteriorate further. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Influenza is more commonly known as the flu. It is an infection that affects the respiratory system and is caused by the influenza virus. This injection is recommended for kids who are under the age of 6 months. It ensures that the baby is safeguarded from the virus during an influenza outbreak. Since the nature of virus changes year on year, the immunity doesn’t last for more than 1 year. This vaccination is ideally taken during the month of October and November. The effect of the vaccination typically lasts for 6-8 months.
Ideally, kids who have never had a flu vaccination should take 2 vaccinations within 4 weeks. Kids who have received a shot of flu should undertake this vaccination once in a year. This arrangement is ideal up to 9 years of age. Flu shot is extremely important for a kid due to the following reasons:
- It saves a kid from chronic lung and heart disorders such as asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Kids suffering from immune deficiency, cancer, and HIV should take this vaccination to avoid further complication of the existing disease
- Kids suffering from diabetes, kidney diseases, and metabolic disorders should go for this vaccination without a second thought
- Kids suffering from a neurological disorder, haemoglobin deficiency, and anaemia should take this vaccination to refrain from the risk of aggravation of the present disease
- Pregnant women should ideally take it for the safeguarding the fetus
Flu shot should not be taken be taken if:
1. A baby is under the age of 6 months.
2. The baby has thimerosal allergy.
Is flu shot safe?
The flu shot is considered to be very safe. It does not result in flu. Few side effects include:
a. Soreness of the place where the needle is injected. This doesn’t last for more than a couple of day.
b. Body ache and mild fever for the first couple of days after the vaccination is done.
c. There is little to no pain in the place where the injection is injected by the doctor.
What is nasal flu vaccine?
This is an influenza dose that is not injected into the body, but given in the form of nasal spray. Healthy kids above the age of 2 years are fit to get this injection. For those kids who have a history of chronic illness should check with their doctor to go ahead with nasal spray. Each dose is given in each nostril. Like the influenza vaccine, nasal flu vaccine should be undertaken once for those who have already taken this dose once. Kids who have not undergone this vaccination are eligible for 2 dosages each 4 weeks apart from each other. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.