Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrakant A PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 42 years, getting pain at the bottom of the foot (toe) when get up in morning, please advise whats a remedy form your side, thanks.
Dear doctors. I am avoiding cigarettes since last 3 days because of viral and I feel very uneasy. Is it normal to have loose stools and heavy head? How do I feel easy like I used to do before?
I feel myself totally alone. Thats why I feel lil depressed nd I do masturbate daily. I do not wanna keep my this habit for long term. As much I knw this is not gud for me. Whats I can do to leave this habit. please suggest me.
Hi, Mere pasliyo mai seene mai drad badan mai kapkapahat weakness ghutno mai dard pair ki nasomai dard. Kya Karu? Please advise.
I have white patch near my scrotum and inner thighs. At times itchy. It often gets sweaty in the patch area.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
I had sex with my girlfriend on 21st and 22nd day of period cycle. She is a regular user of krimson 35 and completed 21 days of medicine. She had a white precipitation from vagina next day after sex .We had unprotected sex. Is this the sign of pregnancy or anything else?
Hii sir. I have pcod and I have missed my period. I didn't get my period since January. My date of period was 12 the Jan. But the period had not come yet. My last date was 12 the DEC. The prob is that I had an unprotected sex on 19 the Jan. Is it possible that I might be pregnant. Plzz answer as soon as possible.
My blood pressure is getting low from past couple of day and I also changed two doctor but I have do not felling well what I ll do now.
Hi, I'm not having healthy poop since the last 4 months. I saw a chart which shows different kinds of stool. Mine is almost always the type 2 kind, semi liquid. What could be the reason? I'm vegetarian, I don't follow a very unhealthy diet, but yes I don't exercise. At times I also go to bed directly after dinner. I've at times also observed some white froth-like poop. It's at times also accompanied by gas and stomach ache. Could it be parasites? Could performing enema or probiotics intake help? Thank you so much in advance!
I am suffering from multiple fractures due to less vitamin d. But now my vitamin d is normal. Is there any treatment to have fracture free bones and repair of fractured bones.
Girth of my penis is very less. Length is ok. But it is very very thin. I want to increase penile girth. please suggest any remedy. Have a prolonged history of excess masturbation. Glan penis is very sensitive due to which I ejaculate very early. Age 25, single.
Hello doctors . My weight is 100 kgs n height is 5.6 inches. Since 3 years whatever I do there is 5 kgs up n down in my weight. I'm having cereals n boiled egg without yellow morning. When I go to college I take 2 with wid vegetables for lunch. If I am at home I have phulka or one cup rice. Evening have green tea. And I have one jowar roti with vegetables at night around 7 pm. Then I don't eat anything at night. Drink water in adequate amounts too. Morning due to hectic college schedule if have have time then I do walking for nearly half to one hour. Im fed up im not at all loosing weight. Please suggest me. I had few thyroid abnormalities in childhood so had iodine tonic for 2 months then it was fine. Again at the age of 15 I had imbalance so ate 12. 5 mg thyroxine for one month. Now at the age of 20 again symptoms of thyroid with pcod im having. Since 6 months eating 25 mg of thyroxine. There is a family background of hypothyroidism and diabetes. Pls help me I don't want to be inline with them. And want to loose my weight too.
How is the penis size effect your partner's satisfaction. Is 13 cm length and 12 cm perimeter is bad? Is it a problem issue? Can we cure this?
I am suffering from cough for 3 weeks. I am using d cough syrup but not get relieved. What I have 2 do?
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.