Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C U NanduYour feedback matters!
What to do when we have to forget someone with whom we were attached alot and how can we improve our relationships for future.
Hi I bad habit of smoking I smoke 4-5 tyms a day is it mainly effects to digestive system if I drink water immediately after smoking.
I am unable to keep cool myself in some situations I feel very tensed during exams. Kindly help me Wat should I do?
Strange personality disorders
Millions of people across the world are diagnosed as suffering from mental illness. And though most of those are disorders are common and well-known (such as depression, anxiety and phobias) there are also some unusual and bizarre disorders. For example:
1. Stockholm syndrome – typically seen in abducted hostages, this is where the captive shows signs of sympathy, compassion and loyalty towards the hostage taker. This occurs regardless of the way they have been treated – and even where they’ve been tortured or their life is under threat.
2. Lima syndrome – this is the opposite of the previous syndrome. It’s where the hostage taker is extremely concerned for the plight and wellbeing of the hostages.
3. Diogenes syndrome – this disorder is marked by severe self neglect, compulsive hoarding, reclusive tendencies, and keeping large numbers of animals at home.
4. Paris syndrome – this is very exclusive disorder … one restricted to japanese tourists in paris (it’s true!) the sufferer experiences a total mental breakdown when the city fails to meet their cultural expectations (paris is rarely as polite, romantic, peaceful and idyllic as the tourists had imagined). To cope with this experience, their embassy established a 24hr hotline to help those with the syndrome.
5. Jerusalem syndrome – people diagnosed with this particular disorder experience delusions and spontaneous psychosis after visiting a holy city. To date, all identified sufferers have had a history of mental illness, or some kind of psychosis.
6. Capgras delusion – in this rare disorder, the individual believes that a friend or family member has been abducted and replaced by an impostor (who looks identical to them). It is generally seen in those with schizophrenia, dementia, or some kind of brain injury.
7. Fregoli delusion – this is the exact opposite of capgras delusion. It is the false belief that numerous different people are actually one person who keeps changing their disguise.
8. Cotard delusion – a person suffering from this delusion believes that they don’t exist, are dead, are putrefying or have no blood or internal organs.
Hello my name is varun from many months I am suffering from gay thoughts. Although but I am straight but this thoughts question about my sexuality. But I do not want to become a gay and other things is I have constant fear of that if I would have a fight what I will do. I always living in fear of what will happen in future? Please help me about this because of this I am not able to talk with any person.
For e.g. I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Iam prashanth and 35 years old and I smoke a lot, from past few days I have cough and lot off flem inside so overcome the flem what is that I have to do, any medicine that I can take to cut the felm.
I'm in so much depression that I can't even think or remember things many times and I always feel I have to die Please help me before I do something.
I do over think and very depressed sometime negative thoughts comes also having lot of stress and anxiety.
In the difficult situations sometimes I suffer with anxiety and all time thinking about my health that am I normal? When I overcome this disease? Feeling a lot of pressure in making decisions that causes anxiety. Actually 5 years ago I drunk some kind of being mixed in milk. Then suddenly I was start feeling very dizziness and feeling my mind was not stable n start think I will be no more due to this. From that day a kind of guilt made in my mind that why I take that drink. Sir, please advise me for my best. Till that day m taking some medicine regularly from a psychologist.
Sir my mother about 40 years old and she always in very big depression and she cannot sleep in night and she carrying in loud voice and his heart bit has been more increased and for this reason she do as like mad person. This is very serious problem regarding my mother. So please suggest me any medicine/treatment of this problem.
Sir one of my friend is an alcoholic. Recently he had breakup with his wife. Now he is creating levels are high and he is under dialysis. I am wondering if the reason for his condition is high blood pressure or alcoholism. Please reply I am worried for him.
I am 23 year old boy. I feel pain at different parts of my body. The pain subsides within few minutes. When I go to any physician for symptoms of painThen he runs tests and nothing comes out it. I feel that I suffer from somatization. Please suggest me some mild psychiatry medicines for my problem. Please suggest the duration of dosage as well. Is it possible to cure somatization? Please only psychiatry doctors reply.
I can't take decisions on my own n I always needs someone to guide me and help me sort out the problems n thongs n I can't think forward. I really needs help how shall I come up with solutions.
My son is 11 years old he has no interest in studies in sixth std. He even can't read write in Hindi English. His IQ is 100 to 110 as told by a psychologist please tell me what should I do?
Dear sir I am in depression and I regular eat the medicine and thats good for me but I have a problem that downside of my eyes black and its paining and I can't do hardwork and my body don't have power and freshness so which madicine good for me.
1) Multitasking: Multitasking is a myth. Everything that you want to do needs your extended focus to bring it to completion. While we might feel we can do many things and achieve a lot within a stipulated time, what we don't realize is that we lose time switching between tasks particularly when the tasks are new or complex. It takes a while to go back to where you left something off. Try avoiding it.
2) Getting bored: You tend to get easily distracted when you are on a dull task. It is difficult to focus if you are not interested in what you are doing.When you are bored, everything else is more appealing. There are two ways to beat it. One, you can bribe yourself into reaching a certain milestone by keeping a reward at the end of it. Two - schedule breaks. It will ensure that you will be refreshed.
3) Living in the past or future: We cannot focus on the present if we keep revisiting what somebody did in the past or do not stop worrying about an event that hasn't even occurred yet. These mental distractions cannot be pinned but take a lot of our bandwidth. They don't let us concentrate. Best way is to make conscious effort at dismissing such thoughts. Training yourself to meditate is also a way out.
4) Gadget addiction: You guessed it right. The biggest distraction of our times is your mobile phone, with all the apps and the blessed 'social media' which was conceived to distract. The urge to respond to that text, post, tweet or email never lets you stay focused. You can beat the electronic interruptions by being strict with yourself. Discipline yourself to check the updates every couple of hours or so.
5) Tiredness: Long hours of work or lack of sleep impairs attention and ability to focus. You start dragging yourself through the day without accomplishing much. Getting at least seven hours of sleep will go a long way toward improving your focus during the day.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media"