Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. C U NanduYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor my mother has a mania problem which made a fall in her confidence and will power too. Now she became more in fear for everything to touch to start to take or to have to buy to use. As she knows that whatever she does is wrong and not to do it but still she continues because she don't have any control on her feelings and thoughts like before. For this she has lost so many Kgs or weight her present weight became 35 to 40 only her age is now 56 means she just look like a skeleton only after this problem. Prescribe me the best homeopathic medicine ever. Which will give her help her to overcome from tensions, scares, non-stop unmeaningfull thoughts, and get back her confidence and will power. That is the two thing she needs and wants the most. Kindly help her to get the normal life like before. Thanking you.Please tell.
I am 64 years and work as an accounts manager. I have to earn for myself and my wife. I have two daughters and both are married and settled. What is the alternative to working on a computer in the office or how can I reduce the strain. I am addicted to watch programmes and film songs on computer at home in the evenings. Your advice please.
If someone in your family or your partner is suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder, your mental health is at stake too. You will have to take care of yourself and your emotional needs first. Life can be frustrating for you all the time. But, you need to identify your ‘feel good’ activities and take some time out of your daily life to relax and calm down. Remember, you can succeed in the critical task of appeasing or pleasing your dear one with BPD, only when you are at peace with yourself first. Destress yourself to fight back the depression or emotional drainage caused by handling a BPD patient.
Here are few things that can help you have a better life while being in a relationship with a person suffering from BPD:
1. Don’t isolate yourself: You must be in touch with people you like to be with. You need emotional support from friends and family to deal with life. Spending some quality time with friends and family members can add little happiness to your life. It will boost up your energy level to fight back the dark side of life. You must remember that you have a life as well.
2. Take care of your health: Sometimes, relatives of BPD patients forget to take care of their physical health. They forget basic stuffs like having proper meals, exercising, etc just because they are caught-up in a stressful relationship. But, remember you can help your loved one better only when you are physically fit.
3. Manage stress: Don’t get anxious or depressed with the ongoing stress in your life. It will only add to your existing problems. Keep your nerves cool to have a better life for yourself as well as your sweetheart with BPD.
4. Believe in the 3c’s formula: Well, it is a formula recommended by most of the mental health practitioners. Don’t blame yourself for the irrational behaviour of your friend or dear one. The patient with BPD is solely responsible for his or her destructive behaviour or abnormal outburst. You will have to remember these 3c’s: I didn't cause it; I can't cure it; and I can't control it.
5. Careful communication: You have to be very careful while communicating with BPD patients. Don’t argue or try to convince them, when they are already in a disturbed frame of mind or agitated. They might end up getting destructive. Listen to their words carefully and patiently. Occasional nodding in between a conversation is advisable to let them feel assured about the fact that they are being heard and understood.
Don’t forget to acknowledge their feelings. It is also important that you stay calm when the patient is angry and has turned destructive.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.