Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Am breastfeeding my 2 month old baby. I have hypoechoic lesion in my right breast of 1.1*0.8 cm well defined hypoechoic lesion is seen on uoq of breast. Minimal vascularity in ultrasound breast. .skin. Subcutaneous and retroparenchymal spaces normal. Do I need to take mammogram. When can I take. Does the radiation affects baby. Bilateral axillary show multiple lymph nodes of 1.0 to 1.5 cm each. Does it cause future cancer. Please help me. Am very much worried..
I am 70 years old male and i am taking medicines for Blood pressure and prostate enlargement. (lose 20mg, Cilakar 10mg and urimax. 4mg). I have been suffering from symptoms of Irritable bowel syndrome during last 5 years and had my gallbladder removed in 2014. I have gone through colonoscopy, endoscopy, and tried various medicines including ayurvedi medicines for IBS but the loose motions after taking food in the morning continues. Can you suggest any remedy which in your experience works.
Hi, One of my relative is taking" GUTKHA" for about more than 15 years and she is about 37 yrs. Old. At what age she may be suffer from Cancer. OR she may not be. please reply. Thanks a lot in advance.:)
I am 59 years male and I suspect of having enlargement of prostate. Symptons like sudden urge to urinate, unable to control urine flow and slow dribbling while passing urine.
Colon cancer refers to the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the region of your large intestine. It is often associated with rectal cancer and is termed as colorectal cancer, since the process of metastasis (a process through which cancer cells pass rapidly to the other organs of your body) is very rapid for this particular medical condition. Colon cancer is prevalent among both men and women irrespective of their age, but is generally noticed in people above forty years of age. Though the causes of colon cancer cannot be specifically identified, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of developing colon cancer.
The risk factors are mentioned below:
- Family history of colon cancer
- Chronic diseases of the intestine(like inflammation of intestine)
- A regular diet with low fibers but high calories
- Consuming high amount of alcohol
If you are diagnosed with colon cancer, you may show the following symptoms:
- Inconsistency of bowel movements. (diarrhea and constipation)
- Passage of blood through stool
- Pain in your abdominal region
- Sudden weight loss
- Body fatigue
Colon cancer can be fatal if not treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for colon cancer. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Drinking green tea can be very effective. Green tea has epigallocatechin (a Polyphenol used in different dietary supplements) which can destroy the formation of cancer cells.
- Consuming Aloe Vera is another useful technique. It cleans the digestive tract and colon region by removing harmful toxins and can thus help to cure cancer faster.
- Turmeric is also very potent in fighting cancer. It contains curcumins which can destroy the cancer cells formed in the colon region.
- Ashwagandha is known to have certain properties that can control the growth of cancer cells and is thus instrumental in treating colon cancer.
- The juice of garlic has certain medicinal properties that can combat the growth of cancer cells in your colon region. Intake of garlic juice can thus be very helpful.
Since colon cancer has limited survival rates, it is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an Ayurveda practitioner if you wish to get healed naturally.
I was diagnosed throat cancer I went through chemotherapy and radiation and now the treatment is over but now my food pipe got squeezed and I am in a state where I cannot take liquid food also what should I do?
Hi doing job since last five years. I don't have any symptom of cancer but I'm fear about it's dangerous effect on us. Now-a-days it's becoming family decease. I am very much conscious about the decease. In family we didn't have anyone who suffered from cancer, neither on mother side nor from father side. As a chemical engineer have to work in such environment few of them (chemicals) tends to have carcinogenic in character. I still don't have any symptoms to cancer. To make sure is there any test that tells me about the tendency of cancer in future or not? Also please give details about the appointment in Kolkata if any. Thank you.
I am a cancer patient on medication including chemo for the last two years. This has of. Late effected my hearing. Dr. Has suggested to go for some low priced hearing aid for the time being. Can you pl. suggest any such hearing aid suitable only for one to one because being cancer patient I am mostly confined to bed. Thanks and regards.
The most dreadful part of getting to work and getting back home in the evening is the being stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress levels, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health-
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues and a weakened immune system that makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and over eating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions is accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in cases where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter are inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the blood stream. Long term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body including a higher risk to cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the setting of the ac of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic.
My wife get little gland on her breast. And now it's increase day by day. Or its starts pain when touched little hardly.
1st Chemotherapy has been done on 20-9-2016. On 21-9-2016 patient hb low 9.9 and wbc 22000 gain. Sodium 117. Patient unconscious in 30 hours and was not talk and listen our voice. But now listing and talking slowly. So please suggest me care for patient.
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer. It is a cancer which begins in the lining of the uterus. The uterus is the part of a woman's body where the fetus develops. Uterine cancer is one of those rare cancers in India, which can be diagnosed in its early stages. This is because excessive vaginal bleeding occurs, thus making it a very serious and an apparent symptom. It is also one of the few forms of cancer which can be cured as removing the uterus is often more than enough to cure the patient of uterine cancer.
Here are the causes, diagnosis and treatment of uterine cancer:
The exact cause of uterine cancer is not yet known, however, there is a theory on what causes uterine cancer. Hormones in a woman's body have been thought to increase the chances of getting uterine cancer. This is because it has long been thought that having high levels of estrogen is the cause of uterine cancer. Increased estrogen thickens the endometrium and thus, increases the likelihood of uterine cancer.
There are several tests used to diagnose whether you have uterine cancer including:
1. Pelvic exam: This is an examination in which the vagina, bladder, rectum and uterus are scanned for lumps. If they are found, it might be due to uterine cancer.
2. Pap test: A pap test is a special test designed to scan for uterine cancer.
3. Transvaginal ultrasound: A transvaginal ultrasound uses high-intensity sound waves so that pictures of the uterus can be taken.
4. Biopsy: During a biopsy, the doctor will remove tissue from the endometrium and it will then be analyzed for cancerous growths.
1. Surgery: This is the most common treatment as it removes the entire uterus and prevents the spreading of the cancer.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves giving drugs which kill cancerous cells. They are given through either an intravenous line or even in pill form.
3. Hormone therapy: This is a therapy in which either progesterone levels are increased or estrogen levels are decreased.
4. Radiation therapy: In this treatment, high energy laser beams are used to destroy cancerous cells.