Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Burute Shankar B
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Burute Shankar BYour feedback matters!
Breast reduction surgery is a procedure which may be considered a medical need, as well as cosmetic desire. Although larger breasts are widely sought after in many societies as they are considered to be attractive and feminine, breasts which are too large and (as a result of excess weight) sagging may actually be an embarrassment to many women. Women with larger breasts turn to breast reduction surgery for relief the physical and psychological burden of oversized breasts. Since breast reduction surgery is more of a functional procedure than cosmetic, it is usually covered by health insurance when there is a medical necessary reason to move forth with the procedure.
Excessively Large Breasts Lead to Various Health Concerns such as:
Back and chest pains and injury due to the excess weight placing strain on the body.
The excessive size and volume of the breast may even inhibit a woman’s ability to perform day-to-day tasks and partake in certain sporting activities.
The increased weight on the chest may have a negative impact on her posture over time.
Liposuction has become a popular and effective mechanism is assisting with breast reduction surgeries. The other mechanism is surgical removal of glandular tissue using a scalpel. The type of surgery a patient will need will depend on the nature of the excess tissue within their breasts. If it is mainly fat/softer tissue, it may be removed with liposuction.
If the tissue consists mainly of glandular breast tissue which cannot really be removed through liposuction, a surgical removal of the tissue with a scalpel may be required. Traditional breast reduction methods leave large scars, whereas liposuction can minimize this greatly. To determine the nature of the breast tissue, the surgeon will perform a thorough examination of the breast. A mammogram scan may have to be used to properly determine this.
What to Expect from Breast Liposuction
Liposuction of the breast is not the same procedure as a breast lift, although it may yield similar results. Due to the excess weight being alleviated from the breast, the breast will appear elevated and due to the soft fat which surrounded the firmer glandular tissue being removed, the breast may even appear firmer.
With liposuction, breast size can be reduced by about 50%
Breast liposuction will not necessarily change the shape of the breast. Patients are told to expect just a smaller version of the same breast. Women who have a low degree of ptosis before surgery are better candidates for liposuction of the breasts
Breastfeeding: It is possible to still be able breastfeed after breast liposuction as the procedure does not usually impact the glandular (milk-producing) tissue of the breast.
Less scarring, discomfort and risk involved than with excision breast reduction method
Women who have a low degree of ptosis will respond better to just liposuction of the breast
We r tried month after month to having a baby. But failed evry time. Now my wife and me get very negative to having a baby. What should I do. To having a baby?
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection:
- The main reason for urinary infection is the bacterium that moves from the urinary duct to the urinary bladder.
- The other main reasons for urinary tract infection are due to sexual intercourse, pregnancy and diabetes.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners.
- In most women urinary infection is caused due to hormonal imbalance after menopause.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are high on fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
I want to do sex with my girlfriend and she also want to do it with me but we r afraid from pregnancy so. Please help me to know what we have to do from that she will not pregnant n we can easily enjoy our first sex?
My period is late and I take delivery tablet last five days countinues,. When will my period come I took last dose on saturday end.
Hello sir! I do have a question my gf and me had sex last month around 20th march and her date of periods was 10th now its 12th already! No sign of periods nor any symptom of pregnancy in any case she is going to have a test tomorrow! I just need help if it comes positive what shall I buy or what sort of kit or pill can abort the pregnancy? Need help asap? Yes one more thing we hardly have sex once in a while in month and take contraceptive pills olways unwanted 72! This time we had unprotected sex but I made sure I don't ejaculated in her! So can you just help and give me the name of kit or pills to buy and is there any chances of effect of not taking pill this time as every time she took pill and she don't used to disturb even her period date! Get on time every month inspite of pill consumption? I am not able to understand much please help I can't consult you! Don't have n acc if you could pass on a no. For help? I would be grateful!
For a married couple, having a child is the next step to completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep-rooted causes for this issue, and homeopathy aims in treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc., and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.