Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. BirajdarYour feedback matters!
My dad had an oral cancer and then it got spread to lung and one of the organs in the throat has been removed out of two and then the cancer has been treated through chemotherapy and after few weeks he got blood infection sepsis and he is in the icu on medication but the infections is fluctuating it got down after dialysis and then again spiked up a half of the downward fall Is there any advice you would like to give.
I have an little bit enlarge prostate and also epidermitis on my left testicle. When ever I masturbate I feel pain in left testicle and also feel burning sensation when urinating and also burning sensation in my penis all day long. What kind of treatment and test I should do to cure my disease. I am 30 years old.
I am suffering from right adrenal gland tumor (non functional) as per medanta hospital. Gurgaon Best treatment and advice.
My girlfriend had a severe pain in her left breast just upper left side of the nipple 1 year and 4 months ago. She consulted a doctor 4 months later. The doctor said that it may be a tumour and if not treated it could turn into a tumour and later breast cancer. So the doctor gave him some allopathic medicines and told that it would work and control the tumour. The doctor also suggested her mother to tie the knot as soon as possible. After marriage she will overcome this problem. But marriage is not happened. She took the medicine for 4 months. She got relief. But now 1 year later she got the pain again and severe pain. The tumour is hard and painful. It takes the size of a 5 rupees vaseline jar. Today the cold is enough and she has a lot of pain. Does it relate to her period?
My mother age 48 is diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She is resistance to take chemo or radiations. We want to any how save her. Is Ayurvedic medicine effective? Any particular genuine Ayurvedic centre in Gujarat? Also I have heard about ozone therapy is it effective?
Hello sir. I am 25 year old. I am a student. I had used tobacco products from last 10years. Now I want to quite this. But I am unable to do this. I am getting afraid that may be I get caught by cancer. Suggest me what should I do. I also unable to concentrate on my studies.
I am suffering from prostate. And am so sad. I feeling so bad. Urine passing problem. And in penis so panic and painful feeling. I take Medicine from gurgaon. Please sir tell me. What I do.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.
Common causes include -
1. Use of all forms of tobacco (gutkha, khaini, bidi, cigarette, paan etc.)
2. Irritating or sharp edged dentures or teeth causing chronic non healing ulcers
3. Poor oral hygiene
4. Some hereditary conditions (example - Plummer Vinson Syndrome)
It starts as change in color of oral mucosa or non healing chronic ulcer which grows with time. It may or may not bleed on touch. Pain may be or may not present
Another form of oral cancer which resembles cauliflower is known as verrucous carcinoma.
Prevention of cancer includes -
1. Quitting all kind of habits including tobacco
2. Regular dental and oral checkups
3. Maintainance of good oral hygiene,
4. Rounding or removal of ill fitting dentures or prostheses.