Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhushan MhetreYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pimples on face and head very badly. Red and white some times. I am 31 and non alcoholic. I am taking Berberis aquifolium q 15 drops twice a day From 2 weeks but there is no improvement at all. Please help me. I am unable to even comb and on face when I wake up in morning I find many white coloured pimples and there are some red as well.
I am very much attached to my love, only thing age difference rest everything fine between us, good understanding, caring, love etc, I can't live without her, & am nothing without her, as I mean her my entire life so please give me right and positive reply regarding her.
Hi I am unable to remember things in daily life. Can you help me to remembered things. I am getting troubled in daily life. Please help me for that.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person has recurring thoughts and feels the urge to perform certain specific tasks at regular intervals. Living with OCD can very difficult and medications or therapy alone cannot guarantee complete recovery. The patient himself/herself has to take certain steps to win against the disease.
Here are some measures you can take to control the symptoms of OCD to recover faster.
1. Accept the truth: If you cultivate an accepting approach towards the fact that you are suffering from OCD and will experience obsessive thoughts then it will be easier to cope with the situation. You have to convince yourself that the recurring thoughts and compulsions you're having are not real, do not imply anything and will go away soon. This helps you maintain an optimistic approach and accelerate your recovery process.
2. Try to postpone your compulsions: When you have the urge to do certain ritualistic tasks try not to give in to them. Try to suppress the urges by saying to yourself that you will do it later and then involve yourself in normal day to day activities so that the compulsions can't rule you anymore.
3. Divert your attention: When you feel that you are having a recurring thought or compulsion, try to distract yourself by channelizing your thoughts towards some other activity. You will find that as you engage yourself in other activities, the obsessive compulsive thoughts will lose their impact on you and will prove to be less bothering.
4. Tell yourself that ocd is one of the most insignificant things of your life: Reduce the amount of value you impart to the disorder. Try to convince yourself that ocd cannot change your way of living life and you don't need to give in to your recurring thoughts and compulsions every time. Try to believe that you will not let this disorder affect your life in anyway and it's just your brain bringing these thoughts, not you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I want to know about the disorder of diabetes. What should we do for diabetes patients if there is someone suffering from this. What should we eat or avoid to eat for safe health. Is this any surgery or treatment for overĺl relif from this disorder.
I would like to know how long the effect will be there for inderal tablets. I am having it 1 hour before any anxious situation.
I am very much sick. Vomit day and night. I can't eat the food because of frustration. I am very much depressed about some things. What should I do to stop vomit and to have a proper diet?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
People with bipolar disorder generally need to be treated with mood stabilizers and other medications. But maintaining a healthy lifestyle is also important. Eating right, sticking to a regular sleep schedule, and other healthy habits can help people with bipolar disorder manage their condition
- Take your meds - Take your medication every day as prescribed by your doctor. In all, 1 in 3 people will remain completely free of symptoms of bipolar disorder by taking mood-stabilizing medicine, such as carbamazepine or lithium, for life.
- Exercise daily - Moderate physical activity for 30 minutes a day can help control mood swings.
- Eat a balanced diet - Make sure you are getting all the nutrients you need. Eating meals at regular times will help establish a stress-reducing daily routine.
- Avoid traveling into other time zones - If you are planning to travel extensively, you may want to call your doctor before you leave. Traveling into other time zones can disrupt your medication schedule and trigger a manic episode.
- Get the same number of hours of sleep every night - Changes in your sleep patterns can sometimes trigger a manic or depressive episode. Try your best to keep the same bedtime and rise time, varying them by no more than an hour.
- Avoid alcohol and illegal drugs - Even one drink can disrupt your sleep, change your mood, or interfere with your medicines, which can make symptom
- Reduce stress at work and at home - Try to keep regular hours at work so stress won't trigger a manic or depressive episode. If stress at work or at home is a problem, counseling may help.
- Limit caffeine and nicotine during manic episodes - Caffeine and nicotine can both act as stimulants, which can make symptoms worse. Plus, too much caffeine can change your sleeping habits.
- Seek treatment immediately
Getting treatment immediately will help you to proactively manage symptoms of a depressive or manic episode and avoid disruptions to your life. Often you don't notice early signs or symptoms, so take the time to educate whoever is closest to you what signs and symptoms to look for. They can alert you when they see a change that suggests the beginning of a mood episode. Show them you welcome such feedback, and be sure to take it seriously if you get it