Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Bhushan KhareYour feedback matters!
My eyesight is very weak. My spectacle no. Is approx -6 in both eyes. How can I improve my eyesight?
From the past two days my left eye is twitching. Moreover, sometime I feel i get blurred for 1 second. Please help me out.
I am 18 years old and I hate my face when I smile My Face is fat and I hate it especially from seeing by Left or Right side When I smile my upper lip gets folded and Eyes goes too small How Should I improve my smile? My face goes too much sweaty and oily too how should I improve my smile?
I am 18 years old and my eye gets watery while studying or while watching tv. What should I so to cure this problem?
I have red eyes from last 2 days so please tell me what is the solution to avoid this kind of allergy?
Hi sir I am 20 years old boy. I have a problem that during yawing water from eyes comes out and headache problem also. I checked my eyes that RIGHT= -1.25 $ LEFT= -1.00. AXIS=98 So what is the vision for this and what should I do for this. Regards
I oftenly suffer from blurred eyesight while I am studying. When I am in contact with my study material or cell phone I have to look here and there to far off things to make that blurred eyesight to stop troubling me. I m fed up of this. What should I do?
My name is Deepak and I am 23, I have just come to know that my eye side is little weak (right .5 and left .25). So, I wanted to ask is there any way to cure it, without specs. (I spend 2-3 hours on laptop and 1-2 hours on mobile daily)
My eyes are paining, when I am using my laptop and mobile for late night. I will use my laptop 3 to 4 hours daily?
1) Ensure appropriate glasses or contact lens prescription which is also adequate for computer use.
2) For prolonged exposure, use glasses to help with contrast, glare, and eye strain when using a computer.
3) Adjust your computer such that your eyes are level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look slightly down at the screen.
4) Avoid any glare on your computer from windows or lights. Use an anti-glare screen if required.
5) Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.
6) If your eyes feel dry, blink more often.
7) Every 20 minutes, rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds. At least every 2 hours, get up and take a 15-minute break.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
My eyes power are becoming less day by day. I am suffering from high myopia and my glass power is -7.50 D (left eye) and -6.50 D (right eye)? Will I become blind one day?
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.