Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhumika GourkariYour feedback matters!
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures.Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Myself 57 yr. Lady. Sometimes bloody discharge appears from my breast. Is it any symptom of some disease?
I am 29 year old I had tubactomy one year back n I have 3 boys by cesarean so I am finding good doctor for my reverse tubes n I conceive again so please which doctors can my tubes reverse its possible I pregnant again without risk.
I am suffering from pcod disease so my hair is being increased of mouth. So if I use uproot lotion. Than it is good for me or not?
Doc s suggested me to take spas med for pain killers in periods bt its nt wrkng. Also I took mala n bt its nt wrkng tooo. Wat shd I do nxt.
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) has brought a lot of happiness to thousands of couples around the world. It has made the life of people who are looking to have a baby, but who are not able to conceive, a lot easier. That being said, there are some very crucial questions which need to be asked when a couple is taking into due account the possibility of going for IVF treatment.
Is it right for you?
When it comes to having a baby, couples should considergoing for IVF treatment, only if all other possible solutions have not panned out to render a beneficial result. Similarly, IVF treatment should be opted for after all other options on the table have been thoroughly reviewed to judge how effective they might be. Problems like a low sperm count can usually be remedied in other ways. The reason for this is that while it is true that IVF is, on the whole, a very safe process, the reason for caution of its use is due to the fact that among all the options available, it is surely the most invasive of the lot.
There are great chances of success when it comes to getting pregnant by making use of fertility medicine, clearing fallopian tubes which are blocked by undergoing a surgical procedure, etc. Another viable solution, depending on the case happens to be intrauterine insemination. With all these options, it can be said to be a little imprudent for a person to rush to register for IVF treatment.
While going through the IVF treatment cycle and hoping for a positive result,do not forget to think about what you are going to do if you have any embryos left over. This is referred to as ‘spare’embryos in the case of a successful current cycle. You may have to decide how many embryos to freeze. For many women, this leads to an ethical dilemma which can be tough to get through. To be able to avoid this, it is important for women to take their time and decide what is to be done with the spare embryos.
A woman who plans to go for IVF should also bear in mind that the entire process, which takes weeks, can be quite stressful, to say the least. She should be ready for it. This means that her physical state as well as her mental makeup should be conducive to the rough ride that IVF promises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi 6 weeks got chicken pox, adviced tab acyclovir, she had taken for 2 days. Should she continue with pregnancy or adviced termination of pregnancy.
My wife 27 years got unwanted pregnancy & we want to abort the foods as our 1st son is only 2 years old. What are the steps should we ensure for aborting a foetus.
Meri age 29 year he shadi ko 2 year hu e he aur muje diabetis he, abi tak muje bachcha nai hua, please guide.
Is craving is a sign of pregnancy or anything else for few days I am feeling these & can not leave without food I had measure my fasting & pp sugar it is in normal range.
Hey Doc, I am 23 year male. I had an unprotected oral sex with a girl of unknown status on 25th june and I got viral on 21st september (after 13 weeks) which make me uneasy for more than 2months (fever for 4 days and then weakness all over my body, after one month persistent sore throat, body aches, cough, sometimes night sweats and white tongue etc). I got my self tested for hiv on 24oct, 9th nov, 10 dec (cmia) all came out negative but still today I have white tongue with some burning sensation at its tip No else symptom is there but sometime I got rash on my chest and sore throat. I am scared. I feel my lymphs are swollen. Please please help me.
What are the risks of drinking unboiled tap water that does have quite a bit of chlorine in it? What health problems and diseases can we get? Please advice
I have unprotected sex with my wife eighth day of ovulation and also I ejaculated out side of vagina will she pregnant?
After Marriage, before Missing Period getting pain similar to period and also pain in Nipple for first time whether this is a Symptom for Pregnancy or not?
What should be included in diet after miscarriage? And till what time next pregnancy should be avoided?
I have a lot of itching or can say khujli in vagina (inside). I want to tell that I am diabetic too. Recently got to know that and taking medicines. Consulted doctor and started medication. What is the reason of itching?
How to enjoy sexual life I am not getting enough lubrication I have. Pcod problem as a result I am feeling burning during intercourse please let me. Know some tips for better one.
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods.
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include birth control pills, Birth Control Patches, Emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine device or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
1. Sterilization: Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubesb.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.