Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhumika GourkariYour feedback matters!
I have period cramps every month what should I do to get rid of it. Is there any pain killer to use on those times.
In the era of information overload, the internet is filled with thousands of beauty advices, most of which tend to do you more harm than good. It is extremely essential to do a thorough and reliable research about the pros and cons of a beauty tip that you intend to utilize.
The following are some of the most common beauty myths that have been passed down through generations:
- Myth- Shaving makes your hair grow back thicker: You must have heard a number of times that shaving tends to make your hair grow back coarser, thicker and darker. Scientific evidence proves this notion as a myth; it states that shaving neither affects the rate of your hair thickness nor its growth. Hair shafts are often thicker than the hair ends, which makes them appear thicker.
- Myth- Toothpaste aids in getting rid of pimples: Applying toothpaste on pimples is among such beauty remedies that have been doing rounds for a long time. Application of toothpaste on a pimple tends to dry your skin and irritates it. Instead of using toothpaste on pimples, it is advisable to utilize medications, which contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and are designed to treat pimples.
- Myth- Trim you hair to make it grow faster: It is one of the most common beauty myths that everyone is aware of. Hair does not grow from its end; it grows from its root. The appearances of split ends arise due to severe hair damage, which slowly make its way towards the top of your hair. Trimming your hair on a regular basis gives your hair a healthier and fuller appearance, but it does not accelerate the rate of your hair growth.
- Myth- Cocoa butter helps in preventing stretch marks: Another widespread beauty tip, which is unfortunately a myth is that application of cocoa butter on a pregnant woman's belly throughout the course of her pregnancy will prevent the appearance of stretch marks. According to research, cocoa butter has no role in the prevention or control of stretch marks' appearance.
- Myth- Is it possible to shrink your skin pores: No matter how much you scrub or cleanse your skin; it is not possible to shrink your pores. In fact, you cannot close or open pores even if you want to. In order to give your pores a more refined look, use cleaning devices while cleansing your pores.
Hi I had done unprotected sex 5th of dec during the cause give him a i-pill for stop pregnancy. But reason is that's she's feeling much weakness, tiered, suffocate. So kindly tell me please what's the reason and if that's medicine not work properly then will we do for avoid pregnancy. Because we are newly married couple. Thanks.
My sister has 24weeks old to 2nd pregnancy and 28years old too: In ANP (antenatal profile) report, white blood cells count 11500 (but range 4000 to 10000 shows). Is there any effects please tell me and remedy too.
My wife has taken unwanted 72 after 100 hours still she is pregnant is there any side effect of that on pregnancy or growth of baby.
Me and my gf had sex last night, she is still bleeding and have a lot of pain, she is even cannot walk properly due to pain. What should I do to reduce her pain? Please suggest thanks doctor!
& very important spiritual
Add spirituality into your daily life (connect to god & remain connected throughout the day)
I had an unprotected sexual relation with my husband on my 8th day of menstrous cycle which is repeating with in 30 days. I thing there is no chance to get pregnant. Is'nt it?
Me and gf had sexual activities 2 months ago. I was afraid thai she could get preg. We did not had sexual intercourse. We had stimulation to each other and I had fear that bcz of my finger sm sperms have transfered to her vagina. But later she did not missed any of her periods. Now. Then before 5 days we again had those activities (fingering and oral) after the act soon in 2 hrs she started feeling weakness and nausea. Then nxt day she had fever with nausea and headaches then she vomited. The she went to Dr. He gave sum medicines and she was fine after 2 days she was normal and now again yesterday she started feeling nausea ans she had her face swollen up why is this soo? Today she is having head aches can she be preg? Due to sm sperms got transfered to her by my fingers? Her expected dates of periods are 11 th of may.
Hi I just got married a week back it was love marriage the only problem we are facing in our sex life are at the time of intercourse seems it never entered into the vagina she started screaming a little push a touch also make her scream with the pain now I am planning for kids I don't know how it's going to be tried so many ways like applies gel lubricant but seems it creating a mess. Now how do I get rid of it should I are she has to undergo any surgery. She asked me to do it forcefully once but it never happened by me she is bit chubby so I quit every time please let me know if there is any way we can skip it.
extremely rare phobia, and can sometimes also refer to fear one’s own voice or voices in general. This
type of phobia is usually a symptom of hyperacusis; health condition in which an individual becomes
highly sensitive to sound frequencies. It is an anxiety disorder.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
hello. I have pcod my age 21. I took deviry 10mg for 5days since I do not hve periods since 3months. I got periods aftr 10days stopping tablet. Bt the problem is when I go to bed its ok when I get up from sleep there is an heavy flow. Is this any problem please suggest me.
Both men, as well as women, suffer from intimacy issues that range from vaginal dryness in women, erectile dysfunction in men, to low sex drive in both the partners. It is not simply limited to lack of interest in sex, but can involve pain while having intercourse, difficulty in having an orgasm and maintaining an erection. Though there are various factors that lead to these ailments, there are great means of increasing libido and enjoy lovemaking once you have detected the problem.
Various types of impotence in women
Sexual dysfunction in women can be grouped into various disorders such as lack of sexual desire, pain while having intercourse and difficulty in orgasm. Alterations in hormone levels, changes in medication and other allied factors can lead to low libido as well as other sexual problems in women. Some of the most common sexual problems in women are:
- Vaginal dryness: This leads to a lowered sex drive and problems with desire and sex can be very painful as the vagina is not lubricated. It can be caused by menopause or breastfeeding. Even psychological issues like stress can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Lower sex drive: Lack of sexual drive can also be caused by lower levels of hormone oestrogen. Fatigue, anxiety, depression can lead to low libido along with certain medicines. For example, use of antidepressants can reduce the sex drive.
- Difficulty in reaching orgasm: Orgasmic disorders like delay in reaching orgasm, inability to have an orgasm can affect both men and women.
- Pain while having sex: This pain is often caused by vaginal dryness and sometimes a burning sensation can be accompanied during sex.
Sexual dysfunction in men
Some of the most common types of sexual dysfunction in men are:
- Erectile dysfunction: This is one of the most common types of sexual problem in men and is caused due to high blood pressure, diabetes or due to anxiety while having sex. Stress, fatigue and depression also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Ejaculation issues: These involve premature ejaculation and inability to ejaculate altogether. A history of sexual trauma, excessive use of antidepressants and anxiety about sex leads to various kinds of ejaculation issues.
- Low libido: Psychological issues like depression and stress related to sex can lead to the decreased or no sexual desire. A decrease in hormone levels, especially, if testosterone is low and side effects from medications lead to diminished libido.
All couples deserve to enjoy a healthy sex life which is crucial for the relationship. If you are experiencing any of these impotence problems, its time you consult a doctor.