Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Bhooshan ShuklaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My age is 22. I am not able to concentrate on thing what is happening. I am forgetting everything even the person names, places and feeling pressure. And the information provided by others also forgetting. Can you help me how to overcome this.
I have ocd. Which is getting severe .suffering from 3 years .no medicine or CBT works. Tried everything from everywhere. Can I ever get cured?
I am 23 years male. My hairs are getting thin mostly from the front of my head also they don't grow after some length. My diet is very good still I am having hair thinning problem and my stress level is also low.
I have been facing somewhat depression. Unable to concentrate on particular thing. Lack off concentration. Have low fitness to do works. Please suggest me for all of these issues.
Sir I am 36 years old. My wife who is detected now as an epilepsy patient. First incident of seizure took place on 10th march when she became unconscious for 5to 6 seconds. On 30th april again she became unconscious. At the very time she made a groaning sound, starred and urine came out. On 10th may she was first detected as epilepsy by a neurologist. The doctor prescribed valprolcr500 and folvite. After 5 month on 6th october again she became unconscious. I also visited a neuropsychriatist who prescribed nexito10 and lonazep0. 25 along with the above medicine. Now I am very tensed have a 14 months baby. I am very introvert and sometimes suffer from depression because of being unemployed in spite of being getting a job. Sir is there any restriction to eat chicken ,mutton or fast foods? My weight has decreased from 59 to 53. Is it a result of side effect of the medicine? Will my seizure be under control or not? I am very tensed. I have a baby of 14 months. After delivery still my period does not begin. Has it a connection with epilepsy? Does my epilepsy connect with any gyno problem? Please advice me sir.
In what ways can alcohol consumption lead to physical injuries and what is the overall health burden of alcohol consumption?
I am feeling very disturbed and depressed coz my marriage s nt getting settled n daily process of marriage making n all s disturbing me I feel like hell when my parents present me before anyone and all sorts of process how to handle it I want to run away. Many times cry I feel lke not to marry anyone.
What should I do to concentrate my mind? What is the process of meditation? How can I do? Please suggest?
Does chronic anxiety help to reduce LDL cholesterol like bad cholesterol? My weight is reduced a lot due to chronic anxiety about 4 kg, now my bmi is 17.4. Pls tell me whether the chronic anxiety can help to reduce bad cholesterol like LDL?
Hi sir i am working in dubai plumber from last 4 year i am suffering the problem mental tension now I have too much gas trouble i am drinking alcohol any problem from this please tel me good suggestion sir thanks
I am in very unstable mental state after my breakup with my girlfriend. Is there any treatment required as because I cannot forget her at all. I am obsessed with this her.
Hi sir, me sanjay last 7 year me in depression due to all the persons using me and my money and they ditch me now me in relationship with a male and I am too much thinking about him but I am afraiding that he will leave me I wanna a consultant or a any Dr. Can you suggest me I wanna say everything about my life and I want a solution and it should be permanent.
I am mother of 16 years boy. He is very distracted, careless thats why hez intolerable at school n home. He alwz does those things you do not want. He is failed in 9th for this reason. School says that he has no limit for his bad things and they are right as I am facing those problems 24 hrs and my husband has a project work so I am handling him alone and feeling that I am living vd an animal cuz I am in deep depression, I am living the life which I am really not. What should I do? He is not realising what he is doing with others. noon likes him. He has no aim. He is replying back all the time without any knowledge. You can not tell him anything as he is not a listener. My behaviour is also being very rude to him. He is not realising tht his mother is being sick now. Even I bite him to protect my self vd him.
I am feeling so alone. I don't have friends. I wanna be live alone. I don't want family or friends. I hate the people surrounded me. I have problem of thought process. Feeling so lonely. Why always me? is it my destiny? what should I do?
Hello There is a boy who is 17+ and he can't able to memorize what he studies. Please say a method how to teach him. And what type of medical science is to be studied to become a doctor.
I would like to increase my concentration on studies, please suggest me some measures to be concentrate on studies.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder that causes anxiety. It is also called as anxiety disorder. The main characteristics of this disorder are uncontrollable, unpleasant thoughts, which are continuing. OCD causes the mind to get stuck on a specific thought or inclination. For instance, you may repeat a task forty times to ensure that it has been done properly. You will not be able to get it out of your mind. OCD is characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior patterns.
Some obsessive thoughts include:
- The fear of being defiled by germs or soil and also of contaminating others.
- The fear of losing control and hurting yourself or others.
- Having sexual or brutal thoughts on the mind.
- Extreme focus and devotion to religion and religious activities.
- A sense of fear of losing or not having things you need.
- Having the assumption that everything would go fine.
- The person will become very superstitious.
Some compulsive behavior patterns include:
- Inordinate double checking on things like locks, apparatuses and switches.
- Over and over monitoring of friends and family to ensure they're safe.
- Counting in the head, mumbling nonsense words without meaning.
- Devoting a lot of time for washing and cleaning.
- Praying without reason and taking part in religious ceremonies.
- Accumulating junk material.
Here are some common ways to deal with OCD:
- Regular exercise: Exercise is the best natural remedy to prevent anxiety, which leads to OCD. Exercise checks your OCD symptoms. It makes your nerves stronger and hence you can focus your mind out of obsessive thoughts by yourself, when they arrive. Get at least thirty minutes of exercise regularly.
- Connect with friends and family: Social isolation is one of the common early symptoms of OCD. Social isolation can lead to OCD as well. Therefore, you must always stay connected to your friends and family so that you never get lonely and anti-social. Share everything with family.
- Sleep sufficiently: Lack of sleep or troubled sleep may lead to anxiety disorders. You need to sleep enough to be away from obsessive thoughts.
- Perform relaxation techniques: Simple practices like yoga, meditation, pranayama help you grow spiritually, relax your mind and keeps OCD away from you.
- Tackle your fears: Instead of avoiding fearful thoughts, let them flow and tackle them face to face. This will help you overcome the fear. Adopt measures so that you can focus on other things and ignore the obsessive thoughts. Distract yourself away from the obsession.
OCD is a harmful disorder, and you should take all measures possible to keep away from it.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.