Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhitkarYour feedback matters!
I have a baby girl. We give her soup, milk, healthy food. But after taking food she comes out with vomiting. So what do we need to do? How will we treat with her? And what type of food we will give her?
I am blessed with a girl baby on 26.10.2016. While going to pediatrician on 2.11.2016 for general check up. He found that the baby eyes appears yellow. He advised us to take jaundice test. Test result exhibits that the baby has jaundice and the reading is 18 mg/dl. Baby is kept under blue ray light and she has no fever. Please give some suggestions. We are worrying about our baby health condition.
She is 1.5 years and she is not ready to eat anything. Before she use to like cerelac but now she does not eat that as well .we try giving variety like beetroot, carrot rice sambar rice. Vegetable ganji. But she just turns her face off anything we feed. What can be the reason.
My new born kid has ostium secundum of 0.4 cm. Is it harmful later or will it get healed as time passes by.
Hi doctor. My 2 year daughter has habit of thumbsucking. Somebody suggested femite. Are these medicines safe? any safer alternative. Thanks.
The appearance of the milk teeth is one of the most awaited landmarks in a child's life. The first teeth to erupt are usually the lower front teeth during 6 to 8 months of life, and the last milk tooth to fall off is at 12 to 14 years of age. The playful nature of teeth, difficulty to make them maintain good oral hygiene, and the food habits put the children at increased risk of dental disease.
Very often, because they are in place for a shorter duration, parents tend to ignore decay in the milk teeth. But whether it is decay or gum disease or broken teeth, it is important to immediately treat them.
Listed below are some functions that milk teeth play:
- Eating: They may be exerting slightly lesser force than the bigger permanent teeth, but they still play a significant role in chewing and digestion. Children with weak, missing, or decayed molars have poor nutrition and food habits due to their inability to chew food well.
- Esthetics: A child with a good set of teeth and an open smile is loved by all. This adds not just to the beauty of the child but also to his self-worth and self-esteem. These children feel more confident and are more social.
- Speech development: A good set of teeth are essential for the child's speech development. Improper spacing between teeth or lost tooth not replaced can lead to speech issues.
- Space Maintenance: In addition to the above functions, the milk teeth also help to preserve and "maintain" the space that is required for the permanent teeth. As the permanent tooth nears eruption, the milk tooth, gets resorbed, becomes mobile, and finally falls off. In cases where the primary tooth was lost and not replaced, the space may be reduced due to movement of the adjacent and opposing tooth into this space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- In the very early stages, before regular dental care can begin, the teeth can be wiped off with a gauze wrapped on the finger.
- By the first year of life, brushing should be introduced along with rinsing after each meal.
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis with regular cleaning should be started by first year of life.
- If the dentist identifies the child to be prone to decay, fluoride application and/or pit and fissure sealants should be used.
These are sufficient reasons to take care of the primary teeth, which play a very important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Meri beti 3 years ki hai aur uska weight sirf 12 kg ha wo kuch bhi nahi khati hai bas thoda sa milk leti hu main kya karu uski kuch aisi medicine bataye jisse wo aur kuch bhi khane lage aur uski bhookh badh jaye.
Dear Doctor, I am the mother of baby girl of one and half month.. We came to know that she is having one hole of 0.53 cm perimembranous and one more hole of 0.29 cm ASD at her age of 25 days. Our paediatrician suggested no treatment at this time and she will be kept under observation for 2 years and echocardiography for every 6 months once. Mostly holes may close by their own. Now she is of 3.7kg. Feeding is in normal way and she is active also. But we are really worried about this condition. Whether her condition is very severe? Whether holes close by their own?
My child is 15 months old and earlier days he didn't like plain cow milk. Can I give any supplements to increase the flavor or test of milk. Suggest any name of supplements which is healthier.
6 days ago my son started running nose. 2 days back he suffered with fever. That time gave him paracetamol 10 drops 2 times at the interval of 6 hrs. Fever stopped but he got cough. Please advice any cough syrup for him.
My baby is 8 months old he frequently gets ill as cold fever etc. What is the problem with him? what should be the diet for him?
My son aged 1.2 years always bite everyone. I think he enjoys it I think around 20 times an hour he bites if he wake up please suggest me what to do to stop?
Lybrate - Dr. Ajay Mehta talks About Vaccinations In Children
Hello. I am Dr. Ajay Mehta and I am working in the field of pediatrics from last 16 years and I have worked for many carpets hospitals in Delhi NCR and my own clinic is in south city, Gurgaon. I would like to tell you about some tips about taking care of infants and newborns. First of all, we will take about the vaccinations.
The vaccination schedules which is being described by a WHO or government of India that should be followed by each and every new born. Vaccination schedule includes BCG and polio drops, like hepatitis B at the birth. Then DPT, then injection polio and Rotavirus vaccine. Now a days, Rotavirus vaccine is also available in civil hospitals. So I want that every child should be vaccinated till the age of 15 years and because this decreases the amount of diseases prevailing in the society and the country. So the death rates in the newborns and infants can be decreased by giving them vaccinations.
Second thing I would like to highlight about the nutrition part after 6 months of age is whining food that should be proper nutritious healthy diet should be started with the liquid diet, then semi-solid and then solid food should be given that is also very important part in this period. The requirement of the child increase after the 6 months of age and I never endorse any packed food or any formula food which are available in the market. Proper healthy and good food, healthy nutritious food should be initiated at the age of 6 months. And that is necessary for the development and the growth of the baby.
If you have any further queries you can contact me on lybrate.com because I think Lybrate is a better platform for our day to day queries.