Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhaskar Shenolikar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhaskar ShenolikarYour feedback matters!
I have pimples on my face and on my head and I am suffering from last 4 month with this same problem, on my head every time pimples is there. I show to doctor and he said this pimples coming from body temperature, I eat curd then I got cold but still pimples is there. What should I do?
Lybrate | Dr. Nagalakshmi.n. speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Due to smoking my lips are getting black so what should I do for this problem. I want my lips to be good.
Loss of hair from the scalp, one of the most common problems plaguing the world today, can be caused by a variety of factors such as genetics, nutritional deficiencies and environmental factors. There are several homeopathic medicines that are used to treat hair loss. Homoeopathic treatment focus on the cause of the disease rather than just treating the symptoms.
Common reasons that can lead to hair loss are:
- Heredity factors
- Major illness like TB, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes can lead to hair fall
- Hormonal imbalance such as in case of PCOS can also lead to it
- Skin diseases of scalp such as fungal infections, eczema.
- Deficiency of vitamins and mineral
- Protein deficiency
- Severe emotional stress or grief
Hair loss can be classified as:
- Telogen effluvium: This is temporary hair thinning over the scalp that occurs because of changes in the growth cycle of hair. Many hair enter the resting phase at the same time, causing hair shedding and subsequent thinning.
- Alopecia areata: This is an autoimmune disorder where the immune cells of the body mistake the hair cells as a foreign body and start destroying them. In this pattern, the hair loss occurs in patches.
- Androgenic alopecia: Androgenic alopecia is a genetic condition that can affect both men and women. Men with this condition, is called male pattern baldness It's characterized by a receding hairline and gradual disappearance of hair from the crown and frontal scalp. Women with this condition, called female pattern baldness, don't experience noticeable thinning until their 40s or later. Women experience a general thinning over the entire scalp, with the most extensive hair loss at the crown.
The various homeopathic treatments for hair loss are:
- Fluoric acid: Medicine for hairloss in patches.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is another homeopathic treatment that is used to treat hair loss. It promotes hair growth in spots where hair loss has occurred.
- Kalium carbonicum: This is used for brittle and thinning of hair, as it enhances hair growth. It is usually recommended for people with various forms of alopecia.
- Lycopodium: This is prescribed for people who suffer from premature baldness and greying hair.
- Natrum mur: This homeopathic remedy is made from sodium chloride and is used to treat hair problems resulting from skin complications and in women having hair loss after childbirth. It treats dandruff and hair disorders due to hormonal imbalances.
- Sulphur: It is an excellent homeopathic remedy to treat hair loss as it promotes hair growth. It should be considered in cases of long standing skin diseases and is specially indicated for hair loss in diabetics. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.