Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Bharucha KhurshedYour feedback matters!
I am 14 years old, I will get white sperm when I make my pennis skin up and down. Is it normal that 14 years boy can produce white sperm?
I have desk job minimum 18 hours I operate computer from last few months I noticed my eyesight is not same as before should I go to doctor?
I have a 2.5 myopia and my no. Is constant for a long time but I have been feeling pain back side of my left eye since I got specs I have checked it with doctors but they say eye is fine what may be the prob.
Recently had been to tour of 3 days (sunny days, temperature was quite high). After coming back I am experiencing headache at left side of my head and eyes have turned red. Please help me.
I have red eyes or cold or pain in right hand or left leg or head over a two days? What's should I do?
My son is 11 years old . He is having mayopia and he is using glasses. But he has vision problem during night time. Can you advice remedy for this.
I have having headache and my eyes become red when I am using my mobile for a long time or its something else.
I am 21 years old, currently wearing glasses with -7 in right eye and -5.5 in left eye. I am in need of basic surgery I want to know that if there are any complications in laaic surgery if yes then kindly advise the basic things kept in mind while going through a basic surgery.
Hello doctor my name is Ashton I am 15 years old from mumbai from few months I am suffering from weak eyesight I can't see things from far so can you please advice something.
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
1. Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
2. Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
3. Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- Short surgery time as well as recovery time
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 18 years
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near , intermediate and distance vision. Consulting a doctor is best as he or she can help you to decide on the right course of action.
My eyes are always red. Not completely. But red veins are seen. Can I do something to make my eyes white that means red veins will not be seen? Some over the counter medicine?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.