Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I am 22. I want to know my teeth is still yellow and how can I make them whiten and bright. I want to know so please answer me asap.
My wisdom tooth is growing and sometimes the pain gets unbearable, is there any way by which the pain can be reduced?
Hello Sir. I am going for teeth implant. I have a question whether it will damage my eye sight. Many said it will but I am not sure. Please suggest.
I have getting bad smell from my mouth Even I am brushing morning and night I am smoker and drunker not daily when in party's.
Blood is coming from my mouth when I rise in the morning. I also consult doctors they said that this is the starting condition of paria. Now what should I do please advise me immediately.
My wife is suffering from d. I. Dyskinesia tardive for the last 3 years and now she is not able to open her mouth for eating food and start shouting presumably unable to eat. At present she is on sizopin 25 - 25 - 100, elicia4 1/2 - 1/2 - 1/2, trazlon 50 0 - 0 -3.
I am suffering from a dental problem. A white layer is being formed on my teeth of lower jaw or I should say that a white material is getting sticked on my teeth. I don't know it is due to cavities or something else. Kindly let me know the reason behind it and some tips to get rid of it.
I was undergoing a root canal for having a puss in teeth but i couldn't continue the whole process doctor has left some metaphar or something (cotton like material) inside my tooth for cleaning puss. Its been 1 year. What to do now is it harmfull ? please help me.
Sir mera aage ka 2 teeth 1 niche hai or 1upper hai mujhe orthofixed tratment karwana hai mere teeth ke bich me koie gap nhi hai doctor bol raha hai ki upper ka 2 teeth ukharana hoga sir ye sahi bol rahe hai doctor.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.