Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bharati HiremathYour feedback matters!
I've very irregular periods! This is happening from a year. I have been through all kinds of tests. And all the tests were fine. When I consulted a doctor she said it's because of the hormonal changes! So she gave a tablet which is fr 21 days. And ppl said it's just the periods inducing tablet which has to be taken regularly so I was suggested to Ayurvedic tablets. So now I'm taking those tablets but only once the periods was normal.now again it's the same prob. Is there any remedy to have regular periods? If possible naturally?
What are the symptoms felt in 4th month of pregnancy and how much will be the growth and weight of baby in fourth month pregnancy.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
All of us lead extremely busy lives and amidst all this chaos, we tend to indulge in certain detrimental habits which drastically drain our physical and mental energy levels. So if you are constantly feeling down-and-out, make sure to steer clear from these seven troublesome habits.
1) Not drinking enough water - Loss of water is closely associated with thickening of blood which greatly decreases the rate of oxygen exchange, ultimately leading to low energy levels.
2) Using electronic devices at bedtime - According to research, exposure to any light-emitting technology at bedtime has an adverse effect on your sleep pattern and does not give adequate rest to the brain.
3) Iron-deficient diet - If your body lacks adequate amount of iron, you are bound to experience weakness, lack of concentration, sluggishness and mood variations. Make sure to include iron-rich products in your diet such as green leafy vegetables, eggs, red meat etc.
4) Entertaining negative thoughts - People who constantly focus on the negative aspects of life have been found to have lower energy levels than the ones with a positive outlook. Prolonged negative thinking can also spark early dementia.
5) Skipping breakfast - Breakfast is certainly the most important meal of the day. Your body burns calories even when you are sleeping and thus after you wake up from a long night’s sleep, it is the right time to refuel your body and fill it up with nutrients for the entire day. Therefore, do not miss your breakfast at any cost.
6) Excessive consumption of junk food - Regular consumption of food products rich in trans fats, refined sugar and starchy carbohydrates leads to a sudden rise in blood sugar which is followed by a sugar crash, eventually leading to extreme fatigue.
7) Living in a cluttered environment - Research has proved that working in a cluttered environment leads to reduced functioning of the brain and poor concentration. It is also known to hamper the information processing capability of the brain, leading to a feeling of lethargy and sluggishness.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media
I am 20 year old married from 1 year and my vagina will be so loose can you prefer any natural ingredients that should help in my vagina tightening faster and any ayurvedic treatments.
I am trying to conceive and my weight is increasing, I get early spotting from 20th day of my periods and Dr. Gave me estrogen and progesterone tablets still no use my ovulation is also good. And please help me that how shall I reduce weight so that I can conceive.
I am 28 year old .I am married. He is 39 year old. I have one child she is CP child now she is 5 year old she is much better now. Now we want to conceive for next baby. But I am hypertensive and my husband have low active sperms and his intercourse is very low now what I do.
- Take Moderate hot food and drinks
- Raw Vegetables are not hygienic during monsoon so either stir fry them or make soup.
- Drink Herbal Tea / Concoctions particularly those with anti-bacterial properties like Green Tea with Mint Lemon grass tea
- It is advisable to avoid cold milk or raw milk instead boil it well at 100 degree and add turmeric or cinnamon powder to reap good health benefits.
- Avoid eating road side food.
I dnt feel anything to eat m 6week pregnant what to do? Is it harmful for my baby also m getting tired so quick.
I and my gf had unprotectuve sex a day before her periods. On 17th she got late for her periods. On 19th it started.After her periods she was having lot of white discharge and thigh pain.She checked twice with the home pregnancy tester. It was negative. I am concerned whether she is pregnant? please help me out.
My husband is 32 yrs old and last year he had seizures and is taking epilex 500 for a year now, we r planning for a baby but I m concerned if the medication would have any adverse effects on the pregnancy or the baby?
Hlo mam, mere period stop ho gye h pregnancy test bhi kiya mgar negative aa rha h period stop huye 13 din ho gye h thodi tried bhi lag rha h neend bhi aa rhi h.
- Regular use of alooverra juice in morning is best for diabetic patients.
- It is also best for osteoarthritis/ joint pain patients.
MY WIFE IS IN MENOPAUSE STATE FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS & HAVE NO PERIODS. SHE NOW STILL REQUIRES ANY PRECAUTION DURING THE SEX FOR NOT GETTING PREGNANT
My question is regarding Zoledronic Acid injection. My wife has been recommended by the doc at hospital for her bone cyst. Another doctor (MR) at hospital said that this injection is a yearly one while the doc said she ll have to get 3 in near future. Can someone please advise me on this? Also note that she s recently been diagnosed with sugar and thyroid problem. Thanks in advance, .
Blood sugar level during pregnancy of 4 months is 135 after 2 hours of eating breakfast. Is it any problem for child?
Hi i am Semi solid secretion from vagina during sex. What is this? How to fix this? Anything dangerous? After sex some irritation and itching occur at vagina. Is it Leukorrhea? What is sign and symptom of Leukorrhea? How to fix Leukorrhea?
I am 32 years old male, my wife age is 27 year old, my marriage date was 01-05-2015 till than no pregnancy, we are consulting no of doctors for last 1 1/2 year, they told me every thing is right but why can't get pregnancy, PCOD, hormones, others tests all are normal, my sperm count is very good, but pregnancy is not coming what is the problem, please suggest me when will you meet for pregnancy after period please tell me.
Dissociation identity disorder (did), previously known as multiple personality disorder (mpd) is a mental disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately show in a person's behavior, accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness.
Let me explain this in a simple way.
Example 1- lets say there is Mr. X and Mr. Y. Mr. X is very impressed by the personality of Mr. Y. So he starts liking him. He also tries to sepnd more time with him. He may with time start copying him or seek his help. This problem become so severe that after some time, in a flash Mr. X wakes up and become a copy of Mr. Y. However Mr. X cannot forget that he is actually Mr. X and not Mr. Y. Thus, Mr. X has developed a split personality where he and Mr. Y co exist. This may with time lead to further mental health deterioration such as depression, loss of memory, personality changes, mania, psychosis, antisocial behavior and above all a loss of control and insight in ones life.
Example 2- Mr. X may not be impressed with Mr. Y. But here it's the reverse. Mr. Y is impressed by Mr. X and wants to be a part of Mr. X s personality. He forces himself on Mr. X until he becomes a part of Mr. X. Therefore Mr. Y has been successful in forcing himself on Mr. X although Mr. X wanted to distance himself form Mr. Y but could not due to various reasons.
Example 3- this problem does not need to be confined to just 2 people. Any number of people can force themselves on Mr. X depending on his plotters and schemers. Therefore Mr. X loses his mental health and his personality becomes broken into several pieces which have been thrust on him.
Some people tend to do this voluntarily because of the fact that they like Mr. Y possessions but in most cases people are victimized into this as they are struggling to make ends meet in their lives. The result is agony, despair, loss of self control. An annihilating world and an end full of shame and contempt because of loss of control depending on how erroneous Mr. Y and his associated are.
Many marriages have been broken because of their spouses developing mpd. Spouses who were happy with each other, suddenly turn hostile and throw them out of their lives because they are now possessed with Mr. Y s who are interested in other spouses than their own. Many children also loose their parents love and care because their parents are no longer interested in them and they desert them or send them to boarding schools.
This disease is a social evil and a menace to a justful society. But the stress on taking precaution lies with us.
People diagnosed with did often report that they have experienced severe physical and sexual abuse, especially during early to mid-childhood, and others report an early loss, serious medical illness or other traumatic event. They also report more historical psychological trauma than those diagnosed with any other mental illness. Severe sexual, physical, or psychological trauma in childhood has been proposed as an explanation for its development; awareness, memories and emotions of harmful actions or events caused by the trauma are removed from consciousness, and alternate personalities or sub-personalities form with differing memories, emotions and behavior.
As of 2011, approximately 250 cases of did in children have been identified,
Problems with diagnosis
People with did are diagnosed with five to seven comorbid disorders on average much higher than other mental illnesses. Due to overlapping symptoms, differential diagnosis includes schizophrenia, normal and rapid-cycling bipolar disorder, epilepsy, borderline personality disorder, and asperger syndrome. Delusions or auditory hallucinations can be mistaken for speech by other personalities. Persistence and consistency of identities and behavior, amnesia, measures of dissociation or hypnotizability and reports from family members or other associates indicating a history of such changes can help distinguish did from other conditions. A diagnosis of did takes precedence over any other dissociation disorders.
Common treatment methods include an eclectic mix of psychotherapy techniques, including cognitive behavioral therapy hypnotherapy and medications can be used for comorbid disorders and/or targeted symptom relief. Some behavior therapists initially use behavioral treatments such as only responding to a single identity, and then use more traditional therapy once a consistent response is established. Brief treatment due to managed care may be difficult, as individuals diagnosed with did may have unusual difficulties in trusting a therapist and take a prolonged period to form a comfortable therapeutic alliance. Regular contact (weekly or biweekly) is more common, and treatment generally lasts years not weeks or months. Sleep hygiene has been suggested as a treatment option,
Individuals diagnosed with did may accuse others of abuse but lack objective evidence and base their accusations solely on regular or recovered memories. There are questions regarding the civil and political rights of alters, particularly which alter can legally represent the person, sign a contract or vote. Finally, individuals diagnosed with did who are accused of crimes may deny culpability due to the crime being committed by a different identity state.