Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharati Hiremath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bharati HiremathYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have been diagnosed with LABC -- locally advanced breast cancer (Stage 3C) I would like to know more about the tumour markers CA 15-3 ,CA 27-29 and CEA. I would like to know how many breast cancer cells must exist in the body to elicit a positive response --- 1, 5, 20 or a few hundred. If a single breast cancer cell can elicit a positive tumour marker response then these tests can be used after treatment (chemo, surgery and radiation) to see if any cancer cell has survived. Alternatively after treatment I can get my blood tested every two weeks to see if there is any recurrence. In other words I am looking for information about the SENSITIVITY of these tumour marker tests. Waiting for your reply (Female, 40 years)
If two pink line on prega confirm. So it is necessary that the women is pregnant. He feel vomit back pain stomach pain sleepy. please verify.
How to do kegel exercise? Please tell me the whole procedure. Is it safe in pregnancy? I am 6 months pregnant n wanna to know the best exercises which helps in normal delivery. I heard that kegel exercises helps in tighten tha vagina. So how its help in delivery because in delivery. Loose vagina is good.
Now I am pregnant and my pregnancy is 15 weeks. I am taking thyronorm 37.5 everyday for last 2 months. Now it is found that tsh is 2.56 and ft4 is 12. My query is should I continue with same dose ?
I had suffered from typhoid. As I was on medications Dr. advice me not to feed my baby for 10 days. Now I have started feeding back my baby but the problem is my feed has become very less what should I do to increase milk production.
I am diagnosed as syphilis I am taking all treatment after treatment 2 month after results is negative but syphilis sore does not heal. How?
Hello, I am married for 3 years now. I am 24 years old and of 70 kg. My husband is 27 years old and of 98 kg. I have been trying to conceive for 7-8 months now but not getting pregnant yet. I want to conceive baby as soon as possible as we both are overweight. Is our weight the problem for not being able to get pregnant? Please help us so that I can conceive a baby as soon as possible. Will eagerly wait for your reply. Thanks.
I am 21 yr old female and I had unprotected intercourse on 25th september that is on 5 th day of my cycle but I took pills on the next day itself. I experienced irregular bleeding on 3, 4, 5 th of October n I again had sex on 5 th itself but this time condom was used. Now it is 2 November that is 12 days of missed periods n I conducted 2 urine pregnancy tests which were both negative. Please guide me whether I am pregnant or not n if not when will my periods start?
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?