Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat Ramakrishna DarekarYour feedback matters!
I was initially light toned. Bit due to tanning I am darker now. Is there any surgery that can help remove the tan and make me fair as I was before?
•Put some honey on a piece of lemon and rub it gently on your face, neck, hands and legs. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once or twice a week.
•Alternatively, dilute lemon juice with an equal amount of rose water or vitamin E oil and apply it on your skin. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Follow this remedy a few times a week.
•Also, drink a glass of lemon water twice daily to keep your skin beautiful from within.
Whenever I am going to outside if sunshine comes onto my skin ,my skin starts itching and turns into red colour, can you please suggest me what will I do?
I am 22 years old female. I never had acne in my life and I had fair glowing face. I am a hypothyroid patient and since 4 months I did not get my periods. I consulted a doctor and taking medicines for it. But since a month I had severe red spots on my cheeks. I never get pimples there at all. I am unable to identify whether its acne or some allergy. Pls help me.
Sir/Mam my lips are a little black from outer side. But are red. I mean half part is red n other part is blackish. And secondly the upper lip is more black than the lower one. Due to this difference lips look so bad. I don't smoke. Sir/Mam Give me it's reason and medicine.
I had an accident 7-8 years ago and got a scar just under the eye or I can say just beside the nose. It has somewhat become less but it is clearly visible in daylight so I want to know how can I get rid of it?
Respected sir, I am a student I have a problem with my eye dark circle. Please tell me what should I do to recover from that.
I am getting so much acne and black marks on my face I have tried many things but I can not get rid of it and also suffering from lots of hair fall what should I do pls help me.
I am suffering from chronic urticaria from two years onwards and I have went so many hospitals and I have taken so many tablets but still there is no use and some doctors said stop eating outside food then I stopped eating outside food ie. Oil food but still no use and still am suffering from that disease ie. Chronic urticaria (haves) so please give me suggestions what should I do?
Enlarged pores can make a face look really unappealing and sweaty. But the good news is that there are a lot of methods available to tackle them. From making the pores smaller to completely eliminating them, here is a list of some fantastic remedies.
Some homemade remedies:
- Baking soda mixture: Baking soda not only helps to reduce pores, it also helps in fighting acne. This can be used every night for the first week and 3-4 times a week thereafter.
- A mixture of lemon and pineapple juice: A cloth drenched in lemon and pineapple juice when applied on enlarged pores, can help them shrink over a period of time. Ensure that you rinse your face with water after a minute.
- Wash your face: Washing your face twice a day is necessary as i stop pores from getting enlarged. Bacteria, oil and dirt enlarge the pores a great deal. Washing the face at least twice a day will reduce the pores.
- Ice-cube treatment: Ice cubes can be applied on the face daily for 5-20 seconds. They not only reduce pores, but tighten the skin as well.
- Yogurt mask: Since yogurt contains probiotics and lactic acid, it is a great weapon for fighting acne and enlarged pores. The yogurt mask shouldn’t be used more than once a week though.
- Healthy diet: Eating fresh fruits and vegetables is a prerequisite for getting rid of enlarged pores. It is also necessary to consume lots of vitamin A, B and C on a daily basis. Consuming a lot of water and staying away from caffeine also goes a long way in fighting pores.
- Sandalwood powder mix: Sandalwood paste made with water is a great remedy for enlarged pores. The paste should be applied and kept that way for 10-20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Papaya and banana peels: Papaya and banana contain papain and bromelain enzymes respectively. Rubbing their peels on the face can greatly help in getting rid of pores and blemishes.
Visit a dermatologist
Most dermatologists prescribe topical medicines, which have to be applied on skin or pills for consumption. Depending on the level of pore enlargement, a doctor decides the medicines. Mild antibiotics are often prescribed for patients with enlarged pores blemishes.
Dermabrasion: This is a method where a doctor scrapes the upper layer of the epidermis with a wire brush to get rid of pores and blemishes. This procedure comes handy if the face is affected by scars.
Dermaplaning: This method is similar to dermabrasion. The only difference being that in the case of dermaplaning, instead of the whole upper layer, only the affected part of the skin is removed.
A cortisone injection: This is considered to be the last resort for pores and blemishes. The swelling from the blemish immediately reduces as soon as the injection is pushed.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.