Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharat Jain
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat JainYour feedback matters!
From about one month my both legs heels paining and increase day after day. At the morning pain of heels are increase what's problem I don't know please tell me reason. I was cheek my sugar (glucose) for that reason therefore I shock because before meal 126 and after meal 169. From that conclusion am I diabetic person and that why heel pain please help me.
I AM 80YRS. I AM DIABETIC SINCE 1976. FOR LAST 15 YEARS ON INSULIN 25 UNITS AND 20 UNITS. YET THE SUGAR AFTER FOOD PP IS NOT IN CONTROL. KINDLY SUGGEST ?
I am 62 year type 2. Diabetic, I am wondering whether Cornflake for breakfast is suitable? When I take Corn flakes, I am putting on weight. Please advise. Thanks
Actually my mother has lots of pain in her left leg while my birth she got injection in her back bone which made backbone and her left leg weak.In her childhood she never drink caffeine her whole diet was made of fruits and milk. She never had any type of spices no salt no pepper. But after her marriage she started drinking tea and eating vegetable dishes like Rajmah and spicy dal now she has even uric acid. Now she just eat roti with sweet milk. Please answer genuinely.
I am a diabetic since 5 years last A1c was 7 three months back will it effect my health in long run ?
At present 3 out of the 5 people are suffering from diabetes and it is the 7th leading cause of death worldwide. Moreover, it is no more restricted just to adults and affects children as well. Diabetes is a metabolic disease resulting in increase in the level of glucose in the body. Glucose is a source of energy for the cells making up the muscles and other tissues in the body. But if the level of glucose goes up, it shows the sign of danger. Diabetes is of 2 types:
- Type 1: Body fails to produce insulin.
- Type 2: Body fails to produce enough insulin which is required by the body.
There are no definite signs of diabetes. It simply varies from person to person. In many of the cases it goes unnoticed. Such signs are as follows:
- Sudden weight loss: You might experience a sudden weight loss of 5 to 10 kgs within a month. This happens when sugar metabolism ceases very quickly. Insufficient insulin prevents the body from taking in glucose in the body cells from the blood to use as energy. In such a scenario the body starts burning fat and muscle for energy. This results in weight loss.
- Intense hunger: The cells in your body might not get enough energy either due to absence or improper functioning of insulin in your blood. This makes you hungry quite often.
- Excessive urination and thirst: Due to diabetes, the glucose level in the body goes up. The kidneys are overloaded with the burden of working overtime for filtering and absorbing the excess glucose in your body. The excess sugar, which the kidney cannot store is excreted out of your body. This makes you urinate frequently. Due to frequent urination the body gets dehydrated which makes you feel thirsty more often.
- Blurred vision: Due to the high level of glucose in your body tissues gets pulled away from the lens of the eyes. This results in vision issues. If not treated on time, it may even lead to blindness.
- Increased fatigue: The cells in your body might not get enough energy either due to absence or improper functioning of insulin in your blood. This makes you restless more often and you may even feel too weak to do your regular activities.
If you notice any of these signs, get the level of sugar in your checked and take the required remedies. It is good to get it treated as early as possible rather than facing immense trouble in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.