Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Banti DharmaYour feedback matters!
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.
Is there no treatment for tennis elbow other than eating pain killers. Is diclofenac a banned drug, then why is it prescribed.
Suffering from lower feet and ankle pain. Dnt have any orthopaedic issues, x ray says nothing. What might be the reasons? Pain is high after sitting for a longer time with folded legs. Facing difficulties in walking. Regards.
When I sleep my legs gets more pain, I am unable to complete my sleep. By this I get more headache, please suggest me something.
I am 26 year old having back pain last 3 month. I am taking pain killer medicine and pain relief oil. But it can't stop. What can I do now? Help me.
I am 25 years old male and have backache for last two months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of the days I am have not got any relief. What should I do now?
My grandfather (aged 79) suffered three falls and got a crack in his spinal cord. Scans revealed a blood clot in the head and he underwent a surgery to remove it. It has been 2 weeks since his operation and he is now at home but he is sleeping most of the time. He is unable to walk and when we make him sit he is unable to do so and says it is paining a lot. Sometimes he remembers everyone and everything but sometimes he is not responding. Yesterday he sat for a long time and ate well and talked with us but today he is not eating anything and seems to be in a semi-conscious state. What is the reason for this sudden change? The reports have shown C3-C6 spinal cord injury. How should we proceed further? Which specialist should we consult? Is his unresponsiveness related to the surgery he had in the head or due to the spinal cord compression?
I have had a dvt, groin to ankle. After one yea of xarelto the dvt remains. My feet are about the same size. I am off xarelto and taking one asprin each day. What is my future? 79 years old, 15 to go.
Hiii good morning Dr. I am suffering from back pain 3 year muscular pain so uske liye mujhe kya karna chahiye me exercise karti hu or muje kya Karna chahiye pls tell me doctor.
My name is Tuhin and I am 25 year's old. I am suffering from back pain I use different types of pain relief cream but no effect so what can I do now?
Hi sir how are you my name mumukesh. My problem is back pain every day. Pls give best suggestion for decrease my problem.
I am 35 old male. Cricket khelte samay left knee enjury huyi he. Abhi 2 mahina pehle m.r.i.karvaya. Meniscus tear problem bataya. Dr. Ne bola opretion karvana padega. Abhi jab running or jumping or sidiya chathta Hu tab hi pain hota he. .vo bhi thoda thoda. Meniscus me kitna grade tear ho to surgery jaruri he? Please advise.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.