Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bahar KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I have a job which requires me to be traveling around the city exposing my skin to smoke and dirt. I would like to know how to keep my skin from getting damaged?
Hot oil splashed on my hand. I soaked my hand in cold water for thirty minutes. But have very little relief. Skin is become black at that area. I applied burnol. Burning sensations is still there. Pl.suggest some cream for fast relief.
I Am Having Deep Dark Spots All Over My Face From About A Month. Looks Very Bad. Tried Creams Medicines but No Positive Result Shown.
Cherry Angiomas are benign skin growths comprised of abnormal proliferation of blood vessels. They are also alternatively known as Campbell de Morgan spots or senile angiomas. Cherry Angiomas are a rather common skin disorder.
The Cherry Angioma appears bright red, oval or circular in shape and are small in size. They can either be smooth, and close to the skin's surface, or they can be marginally raised. They mostly appear on the arms, shoulders and torso. If the Angioma is agitated (scratched, cut open or rubbed), it might result in intense bleeding in some cases.
The exact cause of Cherry Angiomas is unknown. Genetic predispositions are usually believed to be a major cause. Other than that, pregnancy, climate and chemical exposure have also been said to cause Cherry Angiomas.
An obvious link, however, has been established between age and the appearance of Cherry Angiomas. Usually, people over 30 develop Cherry Angiomas, which only seem to augment in number and size with age.
There are no other specific symptoms of Cherry Angiomas, except for the benign growths on the skin. The skin growths are usually characterised by:
- Vivid, cherry-red colour
- Small sizes
- Smooth growths which are close to the skin's surface, or are raised
Cherry angiomas usually does not need any treatment, but if you want, you can remove them for cosmetic reasons. You can also remove the Cherry Angiomas if they appear in places on your body where they can get easily irritated (such as, on the hands), and cause bleeding.
Some methods of removing Cherry Angiomas include:
- Electro-cauterization: In this method, the angioma is burned off by an electric current that is passed through a tiny probe.
- Cryosurgery: In this procedure, the angioma is frozen with liquid nitrogen; the angioma is destroyed by the severe cold. This is a relatively easy and quick procedure.
- Laser surgery: In this procedure, pulsed dye laser is used to remove the angioma. The pulsed dye laser (PDL) is an undiluted yellow laser that is hot enough to damage the growth.
- Shave excision: In this procedure, the angioma is removed from the surface of the skin by a sharp razor. Shave excision is a substitute to invasive surgery that would require an incision to remove the growth and then sutures (stitches) to close the laceration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am feeling hungry but I am not able eat. I am having full skin allergy in leg & hand only, already I took Ayurveda treatment.Please suggest
Which sunscreen cream can I use to protect my skin and make my skin fairer to pls tell me sir best sunscreen for my skin.
Suffering from red rashes on the body since Nov 2015 almost every day using Allegra it stops for some time. I want some other medicine to cure this disease.
I have skin problems, one year ago I was used to skin crim that named skin lite, then time spend my skin becomes blackish! Now what want to do for return my skin colour? please send mi your option Im also medical student (2nd years BAMS)
I am 19 year old female and I have lot's of pimples and pimple marks on my face. How to get rid of that and how to get clear white face.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I want to say I am not having big penis how to make a big because my partner is not much happy with me I have tried many medicines oil etc. Please help me out.
I have so many skin problems like hair lose, pimples, dry skin, white spots on body. Please consult me.
I am 19 years old. I m having skin starches at the middle of two legs and on the left shoulder. I m using medicines but when I m taking it feels relieve. After that again it starts.
Hlo sir im tried andupset I have treatment skin but not improvement light spots not remove not fair hua color sir mere color bhot fair but one years its TO dullness not glowing and dark hota jara tha jis dekhya unhone ny onetone cream and some loston diya or tab di please sir help me hlp I want My fairness please plz I needed hlp.
One of the biggest signs of not getting enough sleep is to see dark circles under your eyes. For some people, this can be evident after a single all nighter while for others, it can take a few nights of no sleep for it to become visible. However, sometimes, even when you get sufficient sleep, your eyes don’t look as bright as they should and are shadowed by dark circles. Thus, along with a lack of quality sleep, other factors such as age, genetics and lifestyle also play a role in the development of dark circles.
There are four main types of dark circles categorised on the basis of their colour and appearance.
- Purple under eye circles: Genetics are largely to blame for purplish under eye circles. This is typically caused by pigmentation and hypersensitivity of your skin to external factors such as UV radiation. Ageing also plays a role in this type of under eye circles. As the skin ages, it becomes thinner, bringing the capillaries to the surface. As these capillaries weaken, blood may leak out to the surrounding tissue leaving behind a purplish shadow. This can be noticed especially in the case of fair-skinned people.
- Blue under eye circles: Bluish under eye circles are preventable and largely affected by your lifestyle. They are signs of stress, not getting enough sleep, allergies and nasal congestion. These conditions restrict the amount of oxygen in the blood and thus makes capillaries turn from a healthy red to a bluish hue.
- Brown under eye circles: This is caused due to genetics and over exposure to sunlight which results in hyperpigmentation. These are more commonly seen in medium or dark skin tones and are the most difficult type of under eye circles to treat.
- Dark shadowy under eye circles: Ageing and drastic weight loss can also contribute towards the development of dark under eye circles. In reality, such dark circles are not caused by a change in skin colour but by the loss of fatty tissue under the eyes. This creates a rift or groove between the eyes and cheek muscles where the eyes cast a shadow.
As with any other health condition, prevention is better than cure when it comes to under eye circles. The best way to treat under eye circles is by getting enough sleep, having a well-balanced diet and following a regular exercise regimen. You could also use an under eye cream to nourish the skin and keep dark circles from appearing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.