Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B. Surendra
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B. SurendraYour feedback matters!
My 5yr old complains of pain in the leg often while sleeping in the night, what could be the reason? There is no specific leg or specific place on the leg. Who should be consulted, a paediatrician or orthopedist ?
Hi, my daughter is 9 months old and she is every time suffering from fever and sardi khansi even every one and two months she has fever and sardi and khansi I visited doctors many times but a doctors told me she is okay but why she has like that.
My daughter 7 year 6 month old is having mild pain on right side of chest nipple and always complaining for same. She is not facing any other problem. Is the same related to hormonal change or something else.
Im feeding my baby she is 11 month now. My legs become numb when ever I sit down or take my baby on my lab. I can not walk fr seconds. It happen every time I take my baby on my lap.
How I can grow my 1 year old baby health. He is too weak. He drink only packed milk and do not eat any food usually vomit if forced to eat. He do not drink water as well. What and how I should fead him so that he should be stronger with bady and brains. height is also my concern. He two times suffered from pneumonia and admitted to hospital. He usually suffered from any disease.
Mera baby 2 month 26 day ka hai. Use khansi or cold bahot rehti hai. Kuch drop name ya ger upay bataye place doctor.
My son 9 months old he suffers atopic eczema problem, sybol or boronil is can use to safe way or not please say doctor.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.