Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B. SurendraYour feedback matters!
Hi, My son is 4 years old. Suddenly since last night few blisters appeared on his back and on front left lower side of stomach. Please consult what is this disease and the treatment.
My 2years & 8 month old girl child has been coughing for few days. Her weight is 11Kg. I gave her tulsi & Honey now she is better than before. Our house is beside main road so we have some dust problem. Please suggest what to try.
I am having learning disability with ADD, dyslexia, dysgraphia. How can I concentrate and study for exams. I study but their comes a question that would I remember.
Hello doctor, today I took my daughter for blood test. She is 4 years, wt 17kg. Height ok. Some different test results are as follow- heamoglobin- 9.5, pcv- 28, lymphocytes- 62, eosinophils-06, neutrophils-28. All other results are withing limits. Blood group b+. Our medical unit doctor prescribe her 1. Syp. Tonoferon. 3 month. 2. Noworm for 3month. One dose per month. 3. Advise to take fish, meat, iron reach food. In our generation no thalesymia history. Her mother also haemoglobin--10.8. Low. Please advise us for my little one and her mother.
Hello. I have a daughter of 3 month. Im breast feeding her but my milk supply is not adequate for her. She keeps crying even after feeding. Nd feels as if still hungry. Im giving her dexolac formula milk twice in the day. Can I drink lactare powder to increase milk supply or does it has any side effects. Nd if safe how mch quantity shud I take in a day.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.