Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. B R DeyYour feedback matters!
I am a 19 years old guy. I do not have any sister and being from a rural family. I am not used to be in contact with girls much. Now studies took me at IIT. Here when I talk to girls, I just hesitate and so I prefer company of boys. I am more introvert also. So need counselling to have confidence while talking to girls. I know it will be problematic when I will be facing interviews etc. Please advise.
My mom and brother treat me and torture me physically and mentally on a regular basis though I am 30+. I have no one else to turn to. One of my friends suggested that both of them need psychiatric treatment. Please guide me.
I have problem to talkbanybody infrolnt of mirror. When I talk my lips n my voice become sobloudly. And my eyes going off.
I am a 22 years old male. Me jab bhi apne sir ko ya senior ko call krta hu like job ke liye ya simple query ke liye tabhi ek dam se mere dil me dar sa lagta h pta nhi kyu jaise jaise call ki ring jaati h ese ese dar badta rehta h or fir jab call uth jaati h us time me jyada perfect bat nhi kar pata hu ek dar sa lga rehta h. For example agar me kisi se job ke liye bat krta hu phone pr to ajeeb sa dar lagta h or me apni bat shi se bhi nhi bol pata or mujhe jyada nye logo se milna bhi achha nhi lagta h but in sab bato se mera career nhi ban rha h please help me with this problem what should I do thank you.
Hello. I m student and I m getting tired from my study. actually I am preparing for competitive exam. I can't concentration on my studies please help me.
Maintaining a healthy relation with your partner in bed is of utmost importance for your relationship, but it should also kept in mind that it is not the only factor which is important. Your sex life is one of the keys to a successful relationship. With the advent of time, your sexual relationship with your partner may start to fade and seem uninteresting.
Here are 5 tips following which you can maintain a passionate sex life:
- Maintain overall intimacy: Regular good sex is important as it helps you to forget your daily hustle and bustle and end up in a different kind of world. Sexual intimacy is a key factor in living up your relationship. However, you should keep in mind that intimacy is not just confined to the bedroom. To maintain your spark, you must be intimate in other aspects of life as well with your partner. Preparing a meal together, dancing together, going for vacations enable to maintain intimacy in other sections instead of just the sex.
- Communicate: Tell your partner about your sexual preferences. Mention what you like and what is not suitable for you. Getting comfortable with each other is the most vital aspect in maintaining continued passion in your sex life. If you are not totally at ease with your partner, you may never find yourself experimenting or trying new moves in bed. Moreover, your partner is your counterpart and your most trusted companion. Communication at the level of friendship is also very important.
- Make Efforts and Moves: For people who are very busy and have got no time for their partners, a change in mentality is required. Instead of giving up on your sex life because of lack of time, make a move to find time and solve the problem. Taking time off will also relax your mind on account of which you can enjoy the sex better. Little things like dinner together, a shower together can be great boosters. So never ignore them. All you need is give some effort.
- Maintain a playful relationship: Always maintain a playful nature with your partner. Instead of pertaining to the bed, spice up your sex by choosing different locations. Indulging in sex on your rooftop under a full moon, or buying innovative, naughty sex toys allows you to gel better with your partner. Sex is enjoyed more when accompanied with laughter and fun.
- Be unpredictable: An ever static, same old routine dampens your sex life. Making unpredictable moves, which have got something new in them as these add new life to your sexual relationship. Try the funniest and most charming moves to surprise your partner. This ensures everlasting freshness.
Your sex life is an important part of your relationship and you should try your best to maintain the passion throughout.
I am 25 years old. I have been suffering from depression since I was 18. I call it depression because the internet told me that it is depression owing to the symptoms but haven't consulted any doctor yet. After all these years my condition has deteriorated. I'm sad everyday. I sleep timely but when I wake up it's like I haven't slept at all and there is a gloom that sets in the morning and stays with me throughout the day. I don't feel like doing anything and I've become dangerously forgetful and this has been running my career too. Please tell me what should I do and if I can be cured.
Hi I m 30 years old I have anxiety I did not understand what I listen just now I marriage thats why my wife does not like me she blame me mental and all her relatives do not like me she ask me divorce please tell me any medicine for my brain I m insulted very much and too much stress I feel like to suicide please help me.
I continuously ruminate for office work regularly that creates sleepless ness but it is not very high. How can I get rid of this.
Dear Doctor, I am 35 years old male and i am not working and i am suffering from mental illness which I noticed myself I think lot about past and future after then I get nervous and depression from this I am facing lack of confidence and I couldn't do any work with confidently now a days I am getting angry from silly unusual things and I will get panic when doing work. May be I am suffering from some mental disorders from this I am getting mentally weaker day by day and am going to get Marry soon but I am worrying how should I lead my Life happily and confidently in my career and personal life please suggest some helpful things. And please suggest how to overcome stress and how to get rid out from depression and anxiety.
Panic attacks can debilitate a person greatly. The panic or anxiety attacks can be extremely powerful and intense, whereby a person starts hallucinating. The level of hallucination can vary depending on the severity of the attack. Such people often hallucinate about something bad or catastrophic striking them. They lose self-composure. In extreme cases, they cut themselves off from the outside world and recoil into their safe zone (Agoraphobia).
Panic attacks, should, by no means, be confused with depression. These attacks can be essentially divided into three phases; the start phase, it then reaches the pinnacle or the zenith, before sliding down (fades away). The duration of a panic attack can vary from long to very long periods. The whole experience can leave a person depressed, traumatized and drained out (physically and emotionally). A timely medical assistance can prove to be extremely fruitful.
Panic attacks- its causative, signs and symptoms
A panic attack, can, indeed, come out of the blue (unexpectedly). Extreme emotional turmoil or anxiety can trigger such an attack. An over-excited nervous system might turn out to be the wrecker in chief, throwing life in jeopardy. A person might be unprepared to deal with such a situation. Though extremely difficult, the best thing would be to try and relax. The attack is just an extreme state of mind, an abstract feeling that can never come true. It will pass off soon. Panicking will only pile onto your agony. Identifying the associated symptoms can prove to be effective.
Some of the important symptoms associated with Panic attacks include:
- A feeling of breathlessness, suffocation and dizziness.
- The palms appear to be sweaty.
- A person may complain of uneasiness or chest pain.
- Increased palpitations are quite common during panic attacks.
- A person might experience severe chills or heat flushes.
- Twitching and trembling of the muscles are often observed during the attacks.
- An intense fear of death or going insane grips the person completely.
- Hands, legs, arms begin to tingle.
- During anxiety attacks, a person loses the reasoning ability.
Few short-term behavioural therapies can be of great help. Meditation, yoga and certain breathing practices can effectively ward off physical and mental fatigue. CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a popular technique used to deal with panic attacks. This technique primarily emphasizes on the present conditions and factors resulting in panic and ways to minimize or completely eliminate the attacks.
My son is 11 years old he has no interest in studies in sixth std. He even can't read write in Hindi English. His IQ is 100 to 110 as told by a psychologist please tell me what should I do?
I am 24 year female. Suffering from hypertension and I m short tempered. I get irritated very easily and some time gets aggressive because of it. Please help.
I think this is my psychological problem. I'm in deep love with someone. He doesn't understand. I don't feel like living anymore. I want to kill myself. But then when I think about my parents, I control myself. But I'm always in a depression state.
Sir I am 22 year old male from india I forget things very easily and did not remember small things ie I sometimes feel like I have a short term memory problem even sometimes I did not remember ways and routes to a particular destination I feel like I have a poor since of direction although I feel like I am creative in some field like writing quotes or thinking skills but these things also effecting my studies so please help me to sort out my memory problem Thank you sir Regards.
I am 29 years old male, 6 months marry3d its love marriage with 1.5 years relationship my wife is very bold and open towards her friend especially opposite sex she use crack non veg jokes I never felt any bad about it as its todays generation let me tell you we have gap of 4 years. Am grow in traditional envoirment never touch any girl had emotional relationship before which never work out got dumped twice which makes me mentally weak den 2 years back I found her she proposed me we wer in good relation got married. At time of our first sexual encounter I came to know she was not virgin I asked her she got angried at first night I bleed due to foreskin tore as its my first time not she still I keep trust on her ok might be cycling of anything broke her hymen. Then I notice one guy remark her ao called very good friend she introduced me as very close friend I got gut feeling its something else more then friendship so I checked her conversation it found normal about life job and career never suspected them I just saw his notification on her whats app he was commenting her sexy hot and many pathetic comments I aksed her she said how hai I told her stay away from him I do not like this guy. She ignored I thought about it and said ok its der generation and these are comments on her beauty looks and figure its ok noy big deal. One day I got her facebook access I juat read her conversation very old 2 years back wid same best friend I came to know shes having physical wid him not twice thrice many times in her collage days also read comments like look for room and lodge which really shocked me it was not love at all its just lust and for fun I asked her and told her that its over she begged me not to tell any one its mistake please forgive give me one chance she do not have any kind of sexual relationship wid him after she met me we r just good friends I got very shocked ok every one has past so they keep all these things away from them after got married am not angry on her virginity lost am angry if I love her most she was happy wid me then why she still need him and how could I trust her that she do not have any relationship wid him its just friendship wala thing. We stay separate from my parents I came back wid my parents as I can not trust her any more 24x7 I think about this only can not able to concentration on my work became very aggressive had many fights out side as well as at home wid close friends this couldn't be digestive for me any more after 2-3 weeks I realize its not easy my parents to digest this for sake of future, I decided to forgive her as mistake she behave well delete all male contacts blocked his no in 2-3 weeks I felt ok still I did not trust her fully I really can not. Last week I found her g talk open with one more guy she had only physical relation ship dat devastating for me know feels so disgusting dat am I living with whore or something I hate her like anything now I do not want to touch her body I do not want her in my life but I couldn't do it as it will hurt my parents and I love them very much again she started same thing its my past please forgive me do not judge me on my past etc etc am yours only please do not tell my parents she behave very down crying alot again ask for chance to become good wife I really can not understand now how can I trust her. She broke the trust of her father how could be she will be faithful to me I think she is very much addicted to sex now we have good sex life what after if we had problem I can not trust her for ny life journey am getting sick now can not able to do anything feel to do kill my self but thats not solutions what should I do should I tell her parents but I do not think so after that anything will remain between us. What should I do please help should I file divorce she said if I file divorce she will kill herself as I know she loves me alot kind of things she did for me in past 2 years relationship but I can not trust her for her nature towards opposite sex its too much open. Please help psychiatrist help required am sick now do not know what am up to.
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is a disorder found in young children. Some common traits of a kid suffering from ODD include disobedient behavior, vindictiveness, manipulation, anger issues and irritability. These kids are known to have a negative mindset and are very difficult to get along with.
Here is a list of ways to deal with a kid suffering from ODD
- Communicate you expectations clearly: Kids suffering from this disorder feels an irresistible urge to control the environment they are residing in. It helps when you lay down simple, but mandatory house rules such as not raising the voice, being kind to others, refraining from hurting family and friends etc. This will not only keep their behavior in check, but will help them to make better choices.
- Be calm: Make sure you don’t give your kids any room to argue. Remind them that house rules apply for everyone. A back-and-forth argument will give your kids to impose his will on you. Explain in short the parental requirement that is expected. While giving instructions make sure you maintain a calm and collective dialect. Scolding or arguing your kid will do more harm than good.
- Use empathy: Instead of imposing parental will, it is best to be empathetic towards your defiant kid. For instance despite your repeated warnings, if your kid continues to watch TV or hook to the play station, remind them why it is important to go to bed early. Explain to them that you understand his feeling of having to leave the day for the night, but also tell them how his favorite activities can be continued the next day.
- Reward scheme: Kids with ODD reacts wonderfully to a reward system. For instance, if he successfully sticks to the rules laid in the house or behaves the way he is expected, he should be rewarded for the job well done. This reward scheme should be declared well in advance. As a parent, your job is to continuously remind him about the reward if he manages to do a job well. This incentive scheme will force your kid to be obedient.
- Don’t use false threats: Be very precise with your kid about the instruction you want them to follow. If you want him to brush his teeth before going to sleep, make it very clear to him what would be the consequences if the instruction is not followed. Do not use empty threats. As a parent, if you fail to keep your end of the bargain, your kid will not value your word anymore.
- Create a routine: A routine works well with kids suffering from ODD disorder. Every task should be time bound with more than one choice. For instance, between 5 PM to 7 PM allow them to do either of the two things like playing outdoor games or spending time with the play station. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.