Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. B A KadamYour feedback matters!
I have severe pain in right hand shoulder from LAST 3 months even after taking pain killer it is not suppressing .I cannot rise my hand please suggest me the solution.
My mother is suffering from arthritis. She suffers from acute pain in joints. The problem is persistent since last 1 year. She is on medication. Can you please tell some exercises which would help reduce the pain?
Suffering from serious cough with yellowish flum, unbearable muscle and body aches can't able to stand also backache left side, already consulted doctor gave medicines zinofilforte, macberry xt syrup, zincovit, sumocold, CEFAKIND 500MG, NICE TABLETS AND VOVERAN INJECTION, BUT GAVE TEMPORARY RELIEF, NOW 22 1 16 AT 9 15 AM I AM STILL SUFFERING HEAVY HEAVY BODY MUSCLE PAINS PLEASE SUGGEST MEDICINES PLEASE doctor THANKS.
My dat of birth is 27th May 1974.I.E. I am 41 years old Indian woman. My weight is nearly 95 kgs and my height is 5'2. I am overweight.And am suffering from anemia too. But from the last 1 year while i walk i feel my knees are week and are not able to carry my body weight.Especially if i have to climb uo and down stairs.I feel really weak in my knees, please suggest what should I do
I am having back ache since last few months along with numbness on my right thigh area. I consulted an neurologist and did an xray, however he didn't find anything wrong. He has recommended exercise. A few after taking medicine I am having back pain haunting back. Also have gastric issues. Is this a cause? Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I am 30 years old female, suffering from romatoid arthritis since my 15 years old age, with deformation in both hands. Please suggest me the best treatment for me.
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder.