Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. AwasthyYour feedback matters!
My grandma is 62 years old and her left side vein has become very thin. Doctor has suggested ngo past. Please tell me what to do now?
My wife aged 50 years has been encountering eyes problem that is her eye lids close and it takes time to switch on, She had been visiting an Eye Institution in Delhi and on her last visit the attending Doctor advised her to consult a Neurologist as it may be to do something with the nerves. Request you to kindly render advise and plan of action as my wife is not been able to take on extreme stress. Thank You in anticipation.
In 2009 I suffered from bells palsy n it took 1 month to get cure. Since 2 days my left eyebrow is twitching and today mild pain started in my left ear is it normal or again major prblm. M worried !
The key to ‘good’ intervention for any individual with autism may often be understanding the condition, understanding the unique ways in which individuals with autism think and learn, accepting their autism as a vital, vibrant part of their being and then approaching the intervention, the teaching of skills, and / or changing of behaviours, from that paradigm of understanding and acceptance. What most people with autism need are intervention plans that spring from a rock solid understanding of autism, provide them with structure and predictability and incorporate good behavioural principles in the teaching.
On the basis of a functional assessment by a competent professional, intervention plans are tailored based upon the individual strengths and needs of each specific child.
The intervention plan may use one or a combination of some of the scientifically proven effective techniques such as:
Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication handicapped CHildren Method(TEACCH) emphasizes on using skills that children already possess to enable them to become independent. Organizing the physical environment, developing schedules and work systems, making expectations clear and explicit, and visual materials are effective in developing skills and allowing people with autism to be independent of direct adult prompting.
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)emphasizes on one-to-one sessions in discrete trial (DTT) format to develop cognitive, social, behavioral, fine motor, play, social and self-help skills. The technique involves structured presentation of tasks from most simple to more complex, breaking them down into small sub-skills and teaching each sub-skill, intensely, one at a time. It involves repeated practices with prompting and fading of prompts to ensure success. It uses rewards or reinforcement to help shape and maintain desired behaviours and skills.
Verbal Behavior Analysis (VBA) is an addition to ABA and is also based on breaking down and teaching language in functional units unlike the teaching of language based on grammar. In addition to teaching at the table top, teaching in (and with) the natural environment (NET) is important.
Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS) is built on the fact that non-verbal children with autism may attempt to spontaneously use objects to communicate. People with autism tend to be visual learners, and a visual means of communication can help them to understand and use the process of communication. PECS aims to teach spontaneous social-communication skills by means of symbols or pictures and the teaching relies on behavioural principles, particularly reinforcement techniques. Behavioural strategies are employed to teach the person to use functional communicative behaviours to request desired objects. The requesting behaviour is reinforced by the receipt of the desired item.
My mom suffering from migraine problems from long time Plzz suggest me what to do. These days she feels too much headache pain, Plzz suggest me solution, and cures.
Migraine is the most severe forms of headaches. Migraine attacks usually include nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light along with the severe headaches, which are sometimes unbearable. If faced with this condition, there is only one way out to suffer through it, though pain medications do help manage the pain.
Being such a common condition, there is constant research being done about how to help people deal with migraines. In addition to popping pain killers, there is more than what a person can do to reduce the pain.
- Identify the triggers: Those who have had migraine for a while would know what triggers the attack. Whether it is chocolates or eggs, get to know what can induce an attack, and if possible, stay away from it.
- Stick to a schedule: Whether it is in terms of food or sleep, try and develop a routine and follow it.
- Physical workout: Develop an exercise regime to cover at least 30 minutes of physical exercise. Most people see a dramatic difference with a regular exercise routine.
- Bid goodbye to smoking: If you are a smoker, work at quitting this habit. It is one of the known triggers and also aggravates regular headaches.
- Stress management: Whether you are going through physical or emotional stress, migraine attacks can become more frequent and severe. Manage physical stress by not sitting at the same location for prolonged periods and by doing small exercises to relax the shoulders, knees, and jaws. For emotional stress, identify what helps you relax and follow it. While deep breathing works for some, for others, it could be music. Whatever your relaxation technique may be, ensure that you follow it. Work on improving relationships that stress you out. A regular exercise routine and sleep pattern also helps in reducing physical stress.
Despite these methods, migraine attacks do happen. Follow the next few steps when you know you are getting an attack.
- Stop your regular activities and find a calm environment for yourself. Let this place have less of light and sound as they can aggravate migraines.
- Sleep if you are able to.
- Go for a warm bath if possible.
- Try hot or cold compresses, which can numb the senses and reduce the pain.
- Have a caffeinated beverage as this will provides relief. Do not have it in excess as you will have hangover effects from the caffeine.
- Use only those medications that were prescribed by your doctor. Do not experiment.
- Lifestyle changes including exercise, diet, and stress management play a vital role in dealing with migraines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!