Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash PhadnisYour feedback matters!
I'm a 25 years old woman. Going to get married in March. I'm born with uterus malformation. They call it uterus didelphys or uterus bicornis bicollis or bicornuate uterus or whatsoever I had my hysteroscopy done for hematometra in right horn at age 14. My father had confirmed with doctors that this condition of me wouldn't cause any issue in my future. But then as my marriage is fixed and is due to happen in next few months, I would like to make sure this wouldn't impact my sexual life or the pregnancy. Can you kindly provide your advice on would this cause any impact to my marriage life or how can I overcome the problem if there would be any because of my condition.
I have sex with my partner without condom and I have doubt about hiv so I want suggestion on pap test.
A brain stroke can affect anyone at any point of time when the supply of blood to the brain is interrupted. It can threaten major physical functions and can prove to be fatally dangerous at times. The brain stem which is placed right above the spinal cord controls the breathing, heartbeat and levels of blood pressure. It is also in charge of controlling some elementary functions such as swallowing, hearing, speech and eye movements
What are the different types of strokes?
There are three main kinds of stroke: ischemic strokes, hemorrhagic strokes and transient ischemic attacks. The The most common type of brain stroke is the ischemic stroke is caused by narrowing or blocking of arteries to the brain, which prevents the proper supplyof of blood to the brain. Sometimes it so happens that the blood clot that has formed elsewhere in the body have travelled via the blood vessels and has been trapped in the blood vessel which provides blood to the brain. When the supply of blood to a part of the brain is hindered, the tissue in that area dies off owing to lack of oxygen. The other variant of brain stroke is termed as hemorrhagic stroke is caused when the blood vessels in and around the brain burstor or leak. Strokes need to be diagnosed and treated as quickly as possible in order to minimize brain damage.
What are the common symptoms of a brain stroke?
The symptoms of the brain stroke are largely dependent on the area of the brain that has been affected. It can interfere with normal functioning, such as breathing and talking and other functions which human beings can perform without thinking such as eye movements or swallowing. Since all the signals from the brain as well as other parts of the body traverse through the brain stem, the interruption of blood flow often leads to numbness or paralysis in different parts of the body.
Who is likely to have a stroke?
Anyone is at a risk of developing brain stroke although ageing is directly proportional to the risk of having a stroke. Not only that an individual with a family history of brain stroke or transient ischemic attack is at a higher risk of developing stroke. People who have aged over 65 accounts for about 33 percent of all brain strokes. It is important to point here that individuals with high blood pressure, high blood sugar, cholesterol, cancer, autoimmune diseases and some blood disorders are at a higher risk of developing brain stroke.
There are a few factors which can increase the risk of developing stroke beyond any control. But there are certain lifestyle choices as well which aids in controlling the chances of being affected by stroke. It is crucial to refrain from long-term hormone replacement therapies as well as birth control pills, smoking, lack of physical activity, excessive use of alcohol and drug addiction. A brain stroke is a life-threatening medical condition, and when an individual has symptoms that resemble that of stroke, it is crucial to seek immediate medical help.
Treatment for stroke:
- Treatment depends on the type of stroke.
- Ischemic strokes can be treated with 'clot-busting' drugs.
- Hemorrhagic strokes can be treated with surgery to repair or block blood vessel weaknesses.
- The most effective way to prevent strokes is through maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
What is TPA?
TPA is a thrombolytic or a “Clot Buster” drug. This clot buster is used to break-up the clot that is causing a blockage or disruption in the flow of blood to the brain and helps restore the blood flow to the area of the brain. It is given by intravenous (IV). This can be given only within 45.5 hrs of the onset of symptoms
Time is brain
Remember Every second Loss means brain cells die.
Rush to the nearest Stroke Centre whenever you experience such symptoms.
You can save the brain cells dying if you reach within 45.5 hrs by the CLOT BUSTER.
Another treatment option is an endovascular procedure called mechanical thrombectomy, strongly recommended, in whichtrained trained doctors try removing a large blood clot bysending sending a wired-caged device called a stent retriever, to the site of the blocked blood vessel in the brain
The good news is that 80 percent of all strokes are preventable. It startswith with managing keyrisk risk factors, including
- High blood pressure,
- Cigarette smoking,
- Diabetes Atrial fibrillation and
- Physical inactivity.
More than half of all strokes are caused by uncontrolled hypertension or high blood pressure, making it the most important risk factor to control.
The best way to get better after a stroke is to start stroke rehabilitation ("rehab"). In stroke rehab, a team of health professionals works with you to regain skills you lost as the result of a stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist. Homoeopathic Remedies which may be helpful during stroke or after stroke: Creategus, Terminalia Arjuna, Arnica, Glonoine, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Lachesis, Opium, Staphysagria, Gelsemium, Phosphorous etc.
Note : Do not take any Homoeopathic medicine without consulting any Homoeopath.
Hello Dr. Me or mere husband planning kr rhe h for a baby. 4 month s. Hum daily sex bi krte h.But me pregnant nhi ho pa rhi. Koi critical problem to nhi h. Koi solution bataiye.
I have been using deodorants from a long period of time, by the end of the day my body smells a lot, somewhat I got to know deodorants causes body to smell after its effects are over. I have left using deodorants from past 1 week but still by the evening the body Odour rises, and I sweat a lot, so kindly guide how to reduce body Odour.
I am 22 year female and have fibroadenomas. A large lump of 3.60 in my left breast. What should I do? I dont want any surgery as it leaves me a scar. Is there any alternative to it? iam so worried and depressed about it.
Hello doctor, I had my first pregnancy miscarriage in march 2014 and till now no success. HSG test showed both tube are blocked at proximal end. I want to conceive soon so please tell me some proper advice regarding treatment and doctor. As my financial condition is also not good and I live in faridabad. So please rply I want to have baby.
My friend is not having period from 12/7/17 is it a serious problem or it is normal what should she can do for getting her periods back.
If you are in a commitment, relationship or a marriage that is not so blissful in terms of physical intimacy and love, you probably can feel the blues. Whether a person is one with a high desire or one with a flat sex line it is a must to improve the relationship in which the person is.
Here are 6 tips, which can be discussed with the partner who has a low sexual desire:
- A satisfying relationship should be a priority: There are two main reasons to make sex life better and pay attention to it. First reason is that relationship with the spouse and the marriage depend on sex to a large extent. There is no successful relation unless there is a satisfying sex life. Second reason is that unless the intimate act is not enjoyed a person is just cheating themselves.
- Medical Checkup: A visit to the gynecologist or physician can be planned for the spouse. Hormone replacement therapy can be considered. Evaluation and assessment should be done to see that effects are not been caused due to medication. Certain herbal and dietary changes might be helpful.
- An appointment with a therapist experienced in the area of sexuality should be scheduled: A certified sex therapist can help overcome the difficulties faced by you or your partner, whoever, faces a low sexual desire. Drugs, like Viagra could be prescribed by the therapist.
- Consider your spouse's feelings: Though you might have a low sexual drive, but do make sure that you take care of your spouse's feelings as they can be rejected and hurt. The spouse's mood can be elated by flirting and telling them that they are special to you.
- Exercise and running: Daily exercise leads to an increase in the blood circulation and thus, the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina, which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act. Exercising also lengthens and strengthens the orgasm. Also, while exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex, but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
- Improve self-esteem: In some cases a poor body image might be a hindrance from indulging into sexual activity. These personal issues should be given time and dealt with in order to boost the self-esteem. One can start by exercising to improve the body image. Also, lifestyle modification and cutting down on cigarettes and alcohol helps. A new hobby can be taken up to relieve mental pressures.
She is pregnant from one months and what is the precaution and diets and what type of medical care need to her.
Doctor I am 19 years old student I had abort pregnancy twice last year, first with medical abortion and second through surgical method. Now I am one month pregnant for the third time my last periods was on 18 January 2016. Is third abortion save for me and my future pregnancy? What should I do doctor please help me?
Hi I am 25 years old girl I have a baby girl 7 months old, me and my husband planned a trip for 1 week without our baby girl, still I give breastfeeding my problem is after 1 week trip my milk will stop, how to continue my breastfeeding after that trip pls advice.
Hi I am Divya .my age is 25 .I got married 4 months back .last month my period date was due and I got spotting .after spotting after 10 days I got my regular periods .my last period date was may 31. Still now I didn't get my periods but yesterday I got spotting. Could I be pregnant.
There are a number of parts in the human body, which cannot be easily accessed. In times of disease or other complications, it becomes difficult for doctors and other medical practitioners to access those areas of the body in order to facilitate proper treatment. This not only leads to aggravation of the disease and further complications, but also prolongs the agony. However, technological advancements have made it possible for surgeries and other medical interventions to become easier.
Surgery for the skull base using endoscopy has become the chosen path these days. The reasons for these are as follows:
- The intrusion is minimum.
- There are no ugly scars or stitch marks.
- The patient feels the least amount of pain as compared to any other method of operation.
- It is likely to be far more effective.
The people who choose to go for this sort of an operation are most likely to be suffering with problems with regard to:
- Spinal cord
Since bones and cartilages makeup a major part of the skull structure, the medical practitioner who will be entrusted with the job of taking care of the complexity should be well-versed with the history or cause of the development of the following:
- Cysts that have developed over the years
- Problems which a person may be born with
- Cancerous swellings which may aggravate as the years go by
- Tumours which may not be that harmful as long as they are taken care of swiftly
- Fluid leaks which may make their way to other parts of the body
Different skull bade surgeries are done through nasal endoscope by an ENT surgeon. For example pituitary tumor surgery, repair of brain fluid leakage surgery, etc. Usually, below given are two types of endoscopic skull base surgery, which may be required for a person:
- The minimally invasive type, which does not cause much of an opening
- Open surgery where an incision has to be made in the facial area or somewhere in the vicinity of the complication
Nonetheless, both these measures are equally beneficial and effective as far as outcomes are concerned. Patients who come up with such complaints usually have symptoms like inability to hear properly, numbness, headache and dizziness, and facial pain. These are some of the preliminary signs when a person should get a check up immediately. Also, chemotherapy and radiation therapy can be considered to be some of the options that can be used in conjunction with the endoscopy method of skull base surgery. That way, the chances of a positive outcome will be higher. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.