Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash LatkarYour feedback matters!
I have a fever and cold from last five days. I take medicine also but it has no effect. What can I do please help me.
My body is getting sweat so much so I am not able to do my any of the work. Itching and black spot are coming on my back.
What is mean by minimal voltage for criteria. May be normal vAriant. When I take ecg. Is it enlarged heart ?is it reversed.
I have a problem of high blood pressure since a long time. My age is 23. And also a headache in alternate days.
We are a newly married couple. We married before 11 month back. After the marriage we had sex daily, sometime 2-3 times in a day, but from after 6 months she doesn't take interest in sex. Even now we do once in a month, I have to wait for her mood. What should I do now, I am very stressed because of my married life. She don't want sex, while I need sex at least once in a day. Now I have to do masturbate daily, I don't know what to do.
I am a 18 year old male. 1. Is masturbation completely good for health? If yes, then how many times a month or week? 2. If I tend to masturbate, but at the moment when I feel to ejaculate, I stop and do not release any semen. Is this harmful? 3. I used to masturbate daily for 1-2times. But had stopped it completely for 1week. Now I am feeling a slight pain in upper corner regions of my stomach region. Just below my ribs. Is everything alright for me? Please suggest without any test or medicine. Please please please. Reply a. S. A. P.
I am 34 year female diabetic on drugs glimeperide 3mg+ metformin 1500. I feel frequent leg cramps mainly at night. Kindly advise any treatment.
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil