Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. AvathiYour feedback matters!
Sir mere masane me kamjori hai jese hi me pesab karke uthta hun to pesab ki kich bunde nikal jati hai or agar do char kadam chalta hun tab bhi bunde nikal jati hai me bada paresan hun.Please tell.
Hi, I am facing problem of urine. Going for urine constant. Doc said urine infection. What can I do nw.
I'm having fast I eat early morning that is called sehri in sehri I take fruit chaat one cup milk and two glass of water after take all urine has come after every 15 to 20 minutes at least thrice is it some problem or it is routine way please tell me.
My grandfather father has chronic kidney disease. He is in renal diet. Also His left arm and leg got paralyzed. Regularly am taking him to physiotherapist and following all the exercises. He is 71 +, so he is not able to cope up with just exercises. Due to renal diet he can't take rich energy foods as well. For strength purpose am adding little ghee into his diet. Can I also give him dry fruits n nuts? Will it worsen his kidney condition?
I am a diabetic type 1 taking insulin 38 units and one tablet of vysov -M and diapride M 2 and the sugar level is 200 fasting and 275 PP. Sir I always feel severe pains in my legs/calves. It is further informed that I am having enlarged prostrate problem weighing 28 grams. The diabetes have resulted ED and PM ejaculation and some times I take tazzle 5 which also cause headache due to BP. Can you pl. Suggest me some safe medicines to cure these diseases.
I think I am having a stone in my kidney. In the right side of my stomach it pains very badly. This had happen thrice till now. Can you tell me how I can confirm myself that I am having a stone or not. And also please tell me the symptoms of having stone.
Our kidneys act as filters which constantly flushes out toxins and excess minerals with water in form of urine. Urine contains lots of minerals which may precipitate and form stones. Urine has lots of pro-precipitating agents and anti-precipitating agents. When their balance disturbs due to some disease, stones start forming. These stones may often lead to abdominal pain which is referred to as renal colic.
What exactly is renal colic?
Renal or ureteric colic is the term used for typical pain in one side of abdomen in flank region starting from back and radiating forward towards lower abdomen up to scrotum. This is usually associated with nausea, vomiting and urinary discomfort. There may be blood in urine.
How kidney stones are related to renal colic?
Kidney stones usually form inside kidney and lies there without causing any pain. But whenever they are dislodged and stuck at mouth of kidney (pelvis) or anywhere in ureter, they block the passage of urine of that kidney. This causes swelling in kidney termed as hydronephrosis. This swelling in kidney causes renal / ureteric colic. This colic is protective phenomenon and tries to push out the stones. Small stones do come out in urine by this natural process. This spontaneous expulsion of small stones is common and many local practitioners used to get credit of it feigning benefit of their medicine. However large stones need some form of intervention to come out. Otherwise, they do harm to kidneys in long term.
Symptoms of kidney stones along with renal /ureteric colic -
- Most stones which are lying in calyces of kidney are asymptomatic
- Nausea & vomiting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Fever with chills
- Foul smelling urine
- Hesitency, frequency and burning in urination
- Blood in urine (urine with a reddish, pink or brownish hue)
- Passage of small stones in urine
Treatment of renal colic
Treatment of ureteric/renal stones involves control of symptoms and stone removal.
- Expectant Treatment or Medical Expulsion Therapy: Small stones of less than 4 mm size usually pass on its own and some medicines like alpha-blockers and steroid hasten up their expulsion. Medium size stone (4-6 mm), sometimes passes with aid of these medications. But stones larger than 6 mm usually require intervention.
- Lithotripsy: This method involves breaking of stones by shock waves into small dusty particles which pass through urine on its own. This is usually suitable for stones upto 1.5 cm and lying in kidneys. This is non-operative treatment which can be done on OPD or Daycare basis.
- Ureteroscopy (URS): This method involves entry of very thin semirigid scope through urethra into ureter. Stone is broken by LASER and removed. This involves single day admission and spinal anaesthesia.
- RIRS- Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery: In this method very thin flexible scope in maneuvered through urethra into the upper ureter and pelvi-calyceal system of kidney. Stones in kidney or upper ureter are broken by LASER and removed. This is also done under anaesthesia and requires a day admission.
- Mini- PCNL: This method is suitable for large renal stones. In this technique, a small hole is made into the kidney through back and tiny scope is entered into the kidney. Stones are broken by LASER and removed. This is done under anaesthesia and require two to three days admission. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.