Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul S. WadkarYour feedback matters!
Im 24 yrs old woman. I often get heatboils. The thing is before getting heatboils I could find its symptoms, its pain and redness, how to eradicate or prevent it before it develops?
Hi doctor i am having broken pre- molar in upper jaw.It previously had a cap over it which has fallen a few months back. That tooth merely has an edge, now troubling. What should be done?
I am suffering from indigestion problem from two to three days, what can I do so that I can get well soon?
My periods are irregular. I had to get my periods on 27 th july. Still I didn't get my periods. I did 2 pregnancy test. Both of them came back negative. I have sore breast and milky white discharge from vagina. I have PCOS also. What shall I do?
When I eat milky things at night like curd. Milk. Desi ghee. Paneer. Etc I get my penis wet with a transparent liquid. And after whenever I go to pee I find my urine very smelly.
I had a dental problem I am suffering long enough with the same problem when should I different your types.
I am 18 year old boy and I have 49 weight I want to gain weight then how can I make weight please tell me.
age 24 Yrs last one week exactly last sunday one Dog has bite to left leg just below (Back side) knee point it is very small size around 0.03 mm. Now what type of food I have to taken, can take non-veg items.
Hi sir, my wife periods comes on 8-10 the of every month. But from last most his periods are not coming to till now 57 day passes. And test results are negative. This situation happen 1st time Pls suggest what I do in this situation. I have 9 month old baby.
My weight and body is not growing I use many thing but all food is not suit on me what can I do please help.
I have been suffering from severe hairfall from past 3 yrs. Sebum like substance is secreting from floor of the hair.
When the natural moisture content of your skin begins to dry up, you experience dry skin. Although it is a temporary skin condition which occurs mainly during the winter or in a generally dry climate, for some people, it could be a problem for a lifetime.
Naturally dry skin tendencies v/s drying of other skin types
Naturally, the water content of a healthy skin is around 10 to 20 percent. This natural moisture level can dwindle due to many factors and the skin may show signs of drying. Thus you may end up getting dry, flaky, itchy and lifeless skin. People with naturally dry skin experience 75 percent more water loss than normal skin. Since the skin loses water and sebum (the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands within the skin), the topmost layer of the skin begins to dry. As a result, the top layer starts peeling away. These skin peels are called flakes.
- You can experience dry skin due to excessively cold weather, which in most cases is accompanied by a lack of humidity.
- Again, if your skin is exposed to too much heat or skin drying conditions like sauna baths or prolonged hot showers, you experience dry skin.
- Applying skin cleansing materials or chemicals can also make the skin dry.
- Some internal disorders like illness or infection can make your skin dry.
When you have a perennially dry skin, you should moisturize it daily to keep it hydrated. You should consult a dermatologist for picking out the right skin cream for your skin. The appropriate moisturizer, if you have very dry skin should be oil or petroleum based. When you purchase the prescribed moisturizer or lotion, make sure you buy something which contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Avocado Oil. Since these moisturizing agents aren’t water based , they can lock in the skin moisturizer effectively.
Advantages of moisturising regularly
- Dry skin is prone to wrinkle formation – When you moisturize daily, the collagen levels of your skin are restored, which can then effectively fight wrinkling and aging of your skin.
- Prevents flakiness – Since the upper layer of your skin starts peeling off, your skin may appear dull, lifeless and flaky. The condition worsens when there is a cold weather outside. Moisturizing your skin daily will make your skin get a natural glow and stop flaking form occurring in the first place.
- Reduces itchiness: Moreover, daily moisturizing will make your skin less itchy.
- Moisturising reduces the negative effects of makeup: Not moisturizing dry skin will make it look less hydrated. Applying makeup on your dry skin directly is the worst thing you can do. This may spoil your makeup and make it look creasy and broken. Thus, you should keep your skin hydrated by applying moisturiser regularly.
I am 28 yrs old, unmarried, I ll get married 7/5/2015. For past three months I have menstrual more than 10 days. This month periods start 1/5/15, but not yet stop. My friend advised to do usg, thyroid profile, fbs ppbs. I done all. In usg, impression is bilateral overies are enlarge in size, rt overy measures3.2*3.8*2.0cm. Volume13.6cc. Lt overy measures 3.4*3*8*2.8cm volume 19.4cc. Bilateral overies are enlarged in size with normal echotexture. Thyroid profile ft4- 1.21ng/dl, tsh1.538miu/l, hb 12.6gms/dl, tc 8600cells/cumm. Fbs 66 ppbs 83. Now I have mild cramp at lower abdomen. I took adrenochrome tablet 3times a day for 2days. But still bleeding mildly comes. What I have to do?
I am a 16 year old boy. I think that my height is not upto the mark. My friends are taller than me. What should I do?
Please help me, constant stomach pain on both sides. Sometimes I can't handle it. I have done most of test. What's the problem? Suggest me doctor also. Thank You in Advance.
I am 38 female recently I have checked with your diagnostic center found that I have already high cholesterol, 245.Please advice which tablets should you recommend. Presently I am started rosuvas. 10 mg is it OK. Thanks.
Periods, on their own, can be very uncomfortable but sometimes it can also trigger a rash making it all the more uncomfortable. This is a common problem faced by women who use commercial pads or sanitary napkins during this period. This is because they contain plastics, scents and chemicals that can irritate the sensitive skin in your genital area. Here are a few tips to help you deal with these rashes:
Change Your Pads Regularly: Whether your flow is light or heavy, the same pad should not be worn for more than 4 to 6 hours. Change your pads even if your pad does not look full once this time has passed. Along with menstrual blood, sanitary napkins also soak up sweat and bacteria. The groyne area is naturally moist and warmer than the rest of your body making it the ideal condition for bacteria to grow. Changing your pad regularly keeps these bacteria from multiplying.
Consider Alternatives: One of the main reasons pads cause rashes is because they rub against the skin and this friction irritates the skin. Hence, consider alternatives like tampons and menstrual cups that do not rub against the skin. You could also try cloth pads made using natural unbleached cotton.
Wear Right Underwear: Avoid synthetic underwear and use the only cotton while you are on your periods. This allows the skin to breathe and keeps moisture from building up inside the underwear. Also, ensure that your underwear fits well and can hold your pad in place.
Clean Well: Do not use wipes or tissue to clean your genital area but instead wash gently with water a few times a day. Once washed, dry the skin thoroughly before putting your underwear on. Do not use any type of soap, body wash or scents in the area. Also, avoid bubble baths and saunas.
- See a Doctor: In some cases, a rash can also be a symptom of herpes or a vaginal yeast infection. If you alternate between pads and tampons, a rash could also be a sign of toxic shock syndrome. Hence, if the rash persists for a few days, consult a doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a topical cream to be used to relieve the itchiness and inflammation depending on the rash. You could also use an anti-chafing cream on your bikini line. Diaper rash cream is an over the counter cream that usually works well in such cases.