Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Joshi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Atul JoshiYour feedback matters!
When athletes begin training for marathons and put themselves under the pre requisite training for such an event, they might experience pain as a result of bone mass increase in areas of maximal stress. If however, the training and exertion is too rapid, the bone might begin to fail and the stress reaction might cause the bone to pain and eventually fracture in extreme cases, due to a stress fracture. The athlete will experience unbearable pain at night before such a stress fracture happens.
An X-ray is needed to determine if such a stress fracture has developed and the extent of the fracture. Prior to the fracture, the area affected will develop black or blue bruising. Hip bone is often the site of injury and many different factors may cause trauma to it. Stress fractures are caused by prolonged and repetitive injury and are common in long distance running athletes. Hip impingement might result from abnormally shaped hip bones wherein the bones grind against each other and deteriorate the connecting joint. The iliac crest (present in the greater pelvic part) of the hip bone impacting the muscle overhead, can lead to hip pointer injuries.
- Osgood Schlatter Disease is an overuse condition affecting children, mostly boys who participate in athletics. The patellar tendon and surrounding tissues get inflamed and with proper rest, ice compression, and elevation of the knee, it can be treated.
- Premature osteoporosis is a condition that affects female athletes in particular due to low calcium levels and menstrual dysfunction which hamper the body’s bone building process.
- Overtraining in male athletes may lead to osteoporosis due to reduced testosterone levels.
- Osteopenia or the loss of bone in athletes may result due to overtraining and psychological stress. The calcium is mainly resorbed from the ‘cancellous bone’ (bone tissue that has a structure similar to a mesh, containing many pores) in the femur.
- Most athletes suffer from low bone density and in extreme cases, this might lead to osteopenia. Cyclists are found to have the highest loss of bone density amongst athletes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My testis are paining suddenly for the last ten days .I told my problem to doctor .then doctor told to me that was infection and prescribed me to use augmentin625 tablets and aceclo plus .those tablets are cured my testis pain r not.
Hy. Which egg better brown or white And which type better with yolk or without yolk please suggested me.
My grandfather having is taking telmisartan isorbide nitrate and aspirin atorvastatin combine .can he stop aspirin atorvastatin.
My brother had really small penis and he's age is 20 year's, how could he increase his pennies size ?
Hello sir, I want to know that garlic and honey take empty stomach in daily basis its good or bad for our body. Its how to effect our body.
What if pulse rate is 120-130 all the time. What about consuming wheat grass juice or beet root juice high bp. In general wheat grass juice is good.
I am having a bit of pain in my penis and redness on the head. I can see symptoms of small lice can you please recommend Last sexual intercourse was a week before.
Shilajit should be taken for a long time period as a course or we have to take 1-2 tablets just before the sexual activity?
The heart is a muscle that pumps blood to the body through a network of arteries and veins controlled by valves. A heart disease could mean a problem in any of these organs, heart per se, the blood vessels, or the valves. Like it or not, heart problem is a chronic condition. It starts without any notice, and for sure, it is not going to go away completely. What can be done, though, is to manage it beautifully and lives and enjoy life so that the heart disease is not stopping you.
When there is a person with the chronic condition, it is not just that person who is affected, but the near and dear ones as well. When heading out for a dinner or when planning a gathering, there would be certain things that need to be accounted for and considered to accommodate the needs of the affected person. These very soon become a way of life and can be done effortlessly.
The following are some things to bear in mind when living with a heart patient.
- Diet: Heart patients would have some dietary preferences based on the heart condition per se. This may include a need for more whole grains and vegetables, need for specific types of oils, specific cooking methods, etc. At home, it is essential to ensure these things are always stocked up. When heading out, whether it is to visit someone or out for a meal, take into account whether these would be available. The next best option should be kept in mind so that dietary intake is not affected. Gradually, with time, substitutes can be identified with which they could manage in most places.
- Medications: Make sure the medication kit is always readily available. Make sure the person does not miss any medications, whether at home or outside. Ensure the regular medicines are in stock and some common emergency ones are also readily available.
- Routine: Whether it is their morning walk or yoga or meditation, it is better to stick to the routine as much as possible. The person also should learn to adapt based on circumstances; however, to the maximum extent possible, these should be continued without major interruption.
- Monitoring: Be it blood pressure, sugar levels or weight, these need to be monitored regularly and any deviations should be brought to the notice of the doctor immediately.
- Other equipment: Whether it is a walker, inhaler, or a wheelchair, these should be functional and available. The home or the living place should not be cluttered to allow for the easy use of this equipment.
While these may initially require some effort, with time, it would just happen naturally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.