Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Hegade
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Atul HegadeYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am 19 year old. I have c3r disease in eye. My eyeshight no. Is 3. What cani do. My eye sight gone weak day by day.Please do help me.
I am an employee and work with system for almost 10 hrs a day. I got rid of using specs since years. I have sight of 3.55 for left and 4 for right eye and have ordered contact lens. Can I wear these lens for 24 hrs? Shopkeeper guy says yes as they are boschernom lens and can wear them everyday 24 hrs and work with system and its ok even if I sleep with them. Is it true? Will my eyes have any issues in future if I use these 24*7?
I have problem in my eyes. I can not see everything clear sometimes. And it pains also. So how could I see better?
Hi Sir, I am 19 years old and I am masturbating since 6 years but 3 times in a week for four years. I suffered from long term jaundice 2 times for two years. Now I am OK but suffering from after affects of it he on my eyes. The nerves connected to my right eye were weakened due to which whenever I studied or watched TV I had pain in right eye the optometrist said I had accommodation problem ,little squint due to muscle weakness. So I gone through vision therapy for 6 months. The optometrist says my problems are solved rest of the problem is due to your weakness. In a week I always go through precum secretion 3 to 4 times and masturbation 2 times in month. I can't control myself from thinking sexual thoughts which come only in morning when I am in bed and half sleepy due to which precum is secreted 8 to 11 drops. I feel weak due to masturbation and presumably secretion is the problem in my eyes which is not recovering completely due to these habits .I think if I stop everything .you eyes will recover completely but I am not able to. What to do when ever I go to bed sexual thoughts come to me.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!