Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Deshpande
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Atul DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Sir, since 2 days I have small pain coming occasionally at the tip of my anus. I had chilly chutney a lot last days. Is it because of that or is it piles? I can feel a little excessive flesh there when I wash after bowel. If it is piles. Please suggest me an effective ayurvedic tablet which is available in kerala. Hope you will help me.
I am 22 years old. I daily work on laptop upto 4hrs so I am suffering from neck and backbone pain. Please help to get relief from this.
I researched online that masturbation is bad for you and watching porn too, I do both daily. Please tell me is it really bad? Is it because of this I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Or I feel very lazy all times. How these things effects your health. Please explain it.
There are two kidneys in the body on the right and left sides, which have a significant role in metabolism, as outlined below.
- Regulation of minerals, including sodium and potassium
- Production of urine through which metabolic wastes, including urea, are cleared out
- Production of the hormone renin which is essential for controlling blood pressure
- Production of the hormone calcitriol which ensures the bones receive the required calcium
- Production of the hormone erythropoietin which is essential for proper red blood cell growth.
Any impaired kidney function leads to all these associated organs being affected, such as increased blood pressure, improper bone functioning and blood cell formation. So, whenever a kidney disease is suspected, early diagnosis and treatment is very essential. This results in minimal treatment and better prognosis.
Most people undergo an annual chemical test to check the blood and urine, which would indicate increase in protein levels or other abnormalities. When there is increase in the protein level, a kidney disease needs to be ruled out. One of the best ways to identify renal issues is to do a renal scan. Some of the common reasons for getting a renal scan done are listed below:
- To assess the blood flow through the kidneys. Improper flow often is a result of arterial narrowing and high blood pressure. This could be the first step in diagnosing hypertension. This is usually followed by a blood chemical test, which indicates the increased amount of protein and urea in the blood.
- To check the abnormalities in the shape, size, and structure of the kidneys.
- To assess kidney disorders like tumours, cysts, abscesses, etc.
- To assess the effect of injury on the kidney from a trauma or injury.
- To identify renal stones, the size, number, location, etc., which is essential for planning the treatment.
- To find and assess any growth in the kidney. To assess the efficacy of the treatment for kidney diseases.
- To assess how well a transplanted kidney is functioning.
- The good thing about a renal scan is that it can help identify more than one problem during a single scan.
What is done?
A radioisotope material is injected into a vein and the flow of this material is then monitored. This scan evaluates the blood flow through and to the kidneys; how the urine flow takes place; and the size/structure of the kidneys. The scan will take about two hours to complete. A renogram is a graph that shows the flow of the tracer through the kidney.
A different density of uptake indicates different disease conditions. It is usually a painless procedure other than the slight discomfort caused by the needle prick. The results are usually available within two days for the doctor to interpret and take appropriate action.
Hi, I am male 29 yrs, I am experiencing hot flush in both my legs for few seconds. And have severe pain in my ankle when I wake up in the morning. I am currently taking ibuprofen 400 mg 3x day please advise.
I am 67 hereditary Diabetic since 15 years. I am on Allopathic medicine. My fasting 188 PP 195. HbAc 8. I am professionally active after retirement. Since last 2 Months feeling tired, not able to go for walk and recently allergy of heat. Kindly advice me to improve my physical strength, weight 78 Kg. Getting sound sleep and spiritual mind.
I am suffering with fistula. Can I usual e piles tablets & innovate cream for the treatment. I am also suffering with severe gastric problem.
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
These symptoms could be an indication of an infection, gallstones, hepatitis, internal bleeding, or cancer.
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a gastroenterologist can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.