Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asmita Potdar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asmita PotdarYour feedback matters!
Morning sickness is one of the unpleasant experiences during pregnancy. Some women dread at the thought of it. It is more common in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, especially with the first child. Allopathy attributes this to hormonal changes, vitamin deficiency, dehydration, etc. Homeopathy believes that this morning sickness happens with the physical, emotional, and biological adjustments that the mother has to make with the new baby growing within her. As with all conditions, homeopathy believes in not just giving a medication to cure the nausea but to identify the associated symptoms and manage the woman as a whole entity.
Some of the popular homeopathic options available are listed below:
- Colchicum: The mere thought of food intensifies the nausea, especially fish and eggs. Any movement increases the nausea. There is an urge to consume carbonated drinks. The woman chooses to sleep with her knees drawn close to the chest.
- Sepia: The smell and thought of food worsens the nausea sensation. There is a craving for vinegar, sweets, and pickles. There is a feeling of heaviness in the pelvis. This exhaustion leaves you with a feeling of indifference to close family and friends. Exercise can improve the feeling.
- Pulsatilla: Staying in a closed, stuffy room make the nausea worse. Being out in the open air makes it better. Walking makes it better. The craving for sweet and fatty foods is high, but that worsens the nausea. Water consumption is reduced. Mood is unpredictable, wanting comfort and reassurance.
- Nux Vomica: The woman wakes up from bed with a nausea, but not able to vomit out. The woman is hyperstimulated and feels very anxious and stressed. Light and sound can also add to the irritation. There is a strong insomnia component to this woman.
- Cocculus indicus: Loss of appetite, with even the thought or smell or sight of food making you nauseous. There is a highly tired and fatigued feeling. The person can feel chills, vertigo, and loss of sleep. The symptoms are usually worse in the afternoon.
- Ipecacuanha: The nausea is severe and constant, but is not relieved with vomiting. There is profuse salivation and constant spitting.
- Tabacum: The nausea in this woman is persistent, is worse when in a warm room, and induced by even the slightest smell of tobacco. The nauseas feels better when there is fresh air movement, might ask for the car windows to be open. There is also an urge to leave the abdomen uncovered.
In addition to these, some tips to avoid morning sickness include eating a dry cracker before getting out of bed, avoiding fatty foods for dinner, drinking plenty of water, and including a lot of ginger in your diet.
After carrying the baby for nine months and delivering it, the next big step for the mother is to learn to breastfeed. For a woman who has had her first delivery, this could be a thing that can scare her and put her at discomfort. In addition, some mothers can also experience physical pain, which is even more worrisome.
In the initial stages of breastfeeding, it is normal to have pain as the baby and the mother have not yet identified the correct method i.e. the mother in terms of holding the baby, while the baby in terms of latch correctly to get milk. However, in most cases, the mother detaches and repositions the baby. This often helps in relieving the pain and after some repetition of this exercise, both the mother and the baby would know the correct position.
Let down reflex, also called milk ejection reflex, is set off by hormone oxitocin which is released whenever your baby feeds, it stimulates muscle cells in your breast to squeeze milk and may cause pain. Oral thrush, which is a yeast infection, in baby's mouth, can cause sore nipples and pain. The baby’s oral features like a short mouth, short tongue, small chin, high palate, etc., can lead to improper suction and cause pain. However, this pain from suctioning will disappear within a couple of days. Another cause for breast pain could be engorgement. When the breasts are engorged, due to feeding after a long break, there is too much milk, which can cause pain as soon as the baby latches on. Pressing out some milk before the baby latches on can help reduce the pain. lmproper size of bra, too tight or too loose, can be a cause of breast pain.
Nipple pain, when exposed to cold weather, is another condition. This occurs due to constricted blood vessels and is known as Raynaud’s phenomenon. If required, pain medication can be taken, but this type of pain usually subsides.
Allergies such as poison ivy and eczema can also lead to nipple soreness. Even topical issues like use of creams, soaps and deodorants can cause soreness. These require no intervention and minute changes would usually suffice. It is important to remember that any medication taken can reach the baby during the breastfeeding and unless absolutely essential, it is best to avoid any medication for the mother. If a baby is being fed well after the 6th month of life, teething begins and this can be a cause for pain during breastfeeding.
In most cases, proper breastfeeding techniques usually take care of the issue. However, if there are other issues, for instance, the child’s oral features, they may require correction as they not only need to be addressed because of this problem, but also otherwise.
Using warm moist compresses is useful in soothing the pain. Empty the breast properly after feeding the baby. Try to avoid chemicals like Linolin, hydrogel, as far as possible, if applied to cracked nipples, clean it properly before feeding the baby. Applying freshly squeezed milk from the breast is another wonderful option, given its antibacterial properties. The warmth of wet tea bags may also give a soothing effect. Remember to avoid chemicals like lanolin or hydrogel, as this pain is a temporary issue and usually disappears over a period of time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My period was over last Wednesday, I had an intercourse with my partner without protection yesterday. Can I avoid pregnancy naturally? Or m supposed to be pregnant? please help me immediately.
After taking ipill how much time wait for periods? I have dout sperm enter inside my vagina or not so please tell I am safe now or not?
I had unprotected sex with a girl and immediately after 1 hour gace her unwanted 72 tablet .now are their any chances for getting pregnancy and after how many days she will get her periods after taking that tablet. Please tell me the answer her age is 22.
Hi My periods have been delayed but I am continuously having lower abdomen pain, what I should do so that my periods starts?
First dates are ever so romantic if you are with the perfect guy. Women go all out in making their man feel special, especially when it comes to playing games in the bedroom. But a lack of sexual desire can play spoilsport for any relationship, and things may end even before they start. Sexual appetite is something that is a facet of a normal adult’s life. However, a lack of something like this can be the cause of some discontent in a relationship in which the partner’s appetite is different.
However, as long as a woman is willing to alter her lifestyle in a few ways, she can really boost her libido. Here are some tips for women to give their libido a much needed boost.
- Drink less and quit smoking: While drinking, as long as it is in moderation, could be said to be ok, one thing that is to be avoided at all costs is smoking. There are more than enough negative side effects of smoking, and a woman doing so is axing her own sex drive.
- Move your body: A healthy amount of exercise is great for the body and also in improving the female libido. The reason for this is that when a woman exercises, the blood flow across her body greatly improves and this does result in a better functioning of her sexual system. In addition to this, the greater the amount of exercise done by a woman, the higher the level of testosterone in her bloodstream, which goes a long way in increasing her desire to have sex.
- Stay happy: Being positive in general can really work wonders for a woman’s sex drive, as it has a range of benefits which include increasing her self-worth and her desire for sex as a partial or indirect result of the same. The great thing about being able to harness the immense power of positive thinking is the fact that apart from just her libido, the other aspects of a woman’s life will greatly improve.
A life which is bereft of or even lacking in adventure can be quite dour, to say the least. As a matter of fact, this can have a pretty big impact on the female libido as well. If a woman makes the effort to get away from the normal, run-of-the-mill schedule she may have, the benefits of doing the same are likely to manifest in her libido. Also, as it is said: sex begets more sex and this will quite likely kick off a rather enjoyable cycle for the woman. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When we give Zolfresh of 20 mg to a women around 47 years so on that time if we had sex with her when she was sleeping does she knows the sensation of sex or not?
Chronic nephritis is a type of Glomerulonephritis (GN). In this condition, irritation takes place in the Glomeruli, which are parts in your kidneys comprising tiny blood vessels. These knots of vessels filter your blood and remove excess fluids from the body. In case your glomeruli are harmed, your kidneys will quit working properly and you can suffer from kidney failure. It is a very serious illness that can be life threatening and requires immediate medical intervention.
The condition is also called nephritis. There can be both acute and chronic nephritis. The chronic type of GN can take several years to develop with almost no obvious symptoms. This can cause irreversible harm to your kidneys and also prompt complete kidney failure.
Causes and risks:
A hereditary condition can once in a while cause chronic nephritis. It happens in young men with poor vision and poor hearing. Persistent and untreated conditions may also bring about chronic nephritis. A history of cancer in the family may likewise put you at danger. Having acute nephritis may make you more prone to build up chronic nephritis later on. Being exposed to some hydrocarbon solvents may build the danger of chronic nephritis. Chronic nephritis does not generally have a clear-cut cause. About 25% of individuals with this condition have no history of kidney diseases.
A few symptoms of chronic nephritis include:
- Blood or abundance protein in your urine
- Swelling in lower legs
- Continuous urination during evenings
- Bubbly or frothy urine (from abundance protein)
- Stomach pain
- Continuous nosebleeds
Depending upon the symptoms of the problem, the treatment might be distinctive. Some of the ways it can be dealt with are:
- Controlling hypertension, particularly if that is the hidden cause for the problem. Circulatory strain might be difficult to control when your kidneys are not working properly. If so, your specialist may prescribe pulse medicines, including angiotensin-changing over catalyst inhibitors. Some of these medicines include Captopril, Lisinopril and Perindopril.
- Your specialist may likewise recommend angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). Some of these may include Losartan, Irbesartan and Valsartan.
- Another technique to reduce immune-triggered aggravation is plasmapheresis. This procedure expels the liquid part of the blood (plasma) and replaces it with intravenous (IV) liquids or donated plasma (without any antibodies).
For chronic GN, you will have to decrease the level of protein, salt and potassium in your diet. Also, you should observe the amount of fluid you drink. Calcium supplements might be suggested and you may need to take diuretics to lessen swelling. Not surprisingly, check with your general physician or kidney specialist for rules about dietary restrictions or food. In case your condition worsens and causes kidney failure, you may need dialysis. This is a technique where a machine filters your blood. In the end, you may require a kidney transplant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.