Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asma Riyaj Mulla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asma Riyaj MullaYour feedback matters!
Is everyday 2 hours drive on a highway road, interstate road dangerous for health? For a 35 year old lady.Please tell.
My question is I licking my wife's vagina three times as my marriage is just 8 months ago sir if any disadvantage from that kindly suggest be me.
Hi Me and my bf had sex with using condom but he leaked on my cloths that cloth touched my vagina can I get pregnant.
Meri baby 1 year 6 month ki hey mujey dubara pregnancy rkh ni hey us key liye kon si medicine leni chayya tomterro tab shi rhey gyi.
The kidneys are the main part of the urinary system, which also includes the bladder, the ureter, and the urethra. Infections reach the urinary system either through the urethra or from the bloodstream when there is an infection elsewhere. Most infections are limited to the bladder and the ureter but when an infection reaches a kidney, it can be a lot more dangerous and require immediate attention.
Causes: This can be an acute or a chronic condition.
- Acute condition more often happens subsequent to a bladder infection, which is not completely cured
- Chronic condition develops due to recurrent infections, kidney stones, kidney failure, and impaired renal flow
- People who have impaired immunity, poorly controlled diabetes, and higher blood pressure levels are at risk
- Women and pregnancy in particular increases the risk, as the urethra in women is shorter and puts them at greater risk of developing the infection
Similar to any infection, pyelonephritis also includes general symptoms like:
- High fever with shaking chills
- Abdominal fullness
- General lethargy and fatigue
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Warm skin with profuse sweating
- Severe cases can present with confusion
More specific symptoms include:
- Abdominal/flank pain on either side
- Bloody or cloudy urine that can be foul-smelling
- Increased frequency and urgency
- Feeling of incomplete emptying
- Painful urination
- Clinical exam can present with tenderness in the flank region
- Blood culture can reveal infection
- Urinalysis reveals impaired urine function including high levels of protein and blood
- CT scan of the abdomen area may reveal swollen kidneys
- Kidney biopsy, scan, and ultrasound may be very rarely required
- This is an acute condition, and when the elderly/pregnant are affected, immediate treatment is required
- Antibiotics are required to control the infection. The blood culture can guide to the most effective antibiotic.
- Pain relief requires the use of pain killers
- Acute cases may require admission to the hospital, with additional hydration support
- If the patient is not able to retain oral medications, they may be given as injections (antiobiotics and pain killers)
- Chronic cases may require longer use of antibiotics. Also, given the risk factors, recurrent infections need to be constantly
- Potential complications include kidney failure, recurrent infections, and chronic sepsis which can result in infection in the other organs
- Hygienic toilet habits, particularly when using public restrooms
- Hygienic sexual habits, to prevent entry of bacteria into the urinary tract
- Adequate hydration to ensure wastes and bacteria are eliminated
- Immediate treatment if you are prone for recurrent urinary infections
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My sister is suffering from thyroid and irregular periods, she used dear 21 tablets for 1 year. If she stops using tablets she is getting irregular periods .what should we do?
Sir, I suggested by the doctor to do a pregnancy test for her at early morning by urine and my question is shall we do sex before that night? And my wife's body temperature is always hot please help me out.
As many as 30-40 % men across the world, including India, experience the problem of early discharge at some point of time. Premature (early) ejaculation is also referred to as rapid ejaculation. PE is the most common type of sexual dysfunction in men younger than 40 years and seen across all age groups. In elderly men (>60 years) erectile dysfunction is more common. If a man experiences uncontrollable ejaculation (discharge of semen from your penis) either before or shortly after sexual penetration (usually within 1-2 minutes of penetration), he may be suffering from PE.
Types and Characteristics of PE: PE can be Chronic (lifelong) or Acquired (recent).
Chronic PE: With chronic (lifelong) premature ejaculation, the person has been experiencing premature ejaculation since he became sexually active (ie, post puberty).
Acquired PE: Acquired (recent) premature ejaculation means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and only recently has developed PE.
Consequences of PE: Both you and your partner may end up experiencing highly unsatisfactory sex. In fact, it can significantly increase anxiety, which may deteriorate the problem. PE is one such sexual issue. It's not a disease.If a person is sexually fit and experiences normal erections but just fail to hold the orgasm/ discharge for reasonable time then he is suffering from premature ejaculation. It's a very normal problem, which if managed properly it can be easily resolved.We will discuss this PE in 4 parts covering: what it is in actual, how does it happen, how to approach to resolve this problem with behavioural methods, exercise, techniques and medical remedies present in both modern and alternative medicine.
Some basic things may also help you to deal with the problem:
- Some men attempt to treat themselves for premature ejaculation by distracting themselves by thinking nonsexual thoughts (such as naming cricket players and records) to avoid getting excited too fast when approaching their partners. This helps them to focus their attention away from the sexual stimulation.
- It is also suggested to men that they should relieve themselves of the sexual tension by ejaculating with self masturbation 1-2 hours before attempting sexual intercourse with their partner.
- Using condoms is known to help in premature ejaculation in some men by decreasing sensation.
- Women on top position usually helps to delay orgasm in men.